If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Philips juicers

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi Nicola,

Can you tell me if the Philips store can get in any Philips Juicers and if so what models and prices they are? I'm looking to get one for around €50-€60 that can also do whole oranges without peeling them.

Thanks,
    Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hey Jethro,

We have 2 Philips Juicers available to us at the moment and both are tough enough to handle the skin of an orange but...

I did an event with Jason Vale the "Juice Master" a while back and, after drinking plenty of orange juice from my juicer (skin and all), I found out that there is a toxin in the skin of an orange thats a big no no for our digestive system. Lemon and Lime peel are ok but the outer rind of an orange must be removed.

He did say all the vitamins are the the pith (the white stuff just inside the outer rind) so you should leave that on. I usually just slice off the very outside with a knife and then throw the oranges in the juicer. Its a whole lot easier than peeling by hand.

Its a pain I know but freshly squeezed orange juice does taste delicious and I always feel a bit saintly healthy after drinking it. :D

I have the HR1858 which I find really good. Retails @ €100 so with your 10% discount it'll be €90. I know it's a little above your budget but it is a great juicer that can handle all types of fruit and veg.

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/gb/consumer/cc/_language_gb/_productid_HR1858_91_GB_CONSUMER

Thanks, Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Thanks for that Nicola...
    I'm just being lazy wanting a juicer that can handle oranges. Haven't come across one yet. I'll have a think about it and get back to you ;)

Cool,

Or we could invent a machine that removes the skin from an orange before juicing. WE'D BE RICH! :D:D

Thanks, Nicola.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

AshMiller wrote: »
    Cool,

Or we could invent a machine that removes the skin from an orange before juicing. WE'D BE RICH! :D:D

Thanks, Nicola.

Yeah 'The Boardie Juicer' ....mmm maybe people would get the wrong idea though.....

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi Jethro,

thanks for the opportunity!

I have been onto Philips about this and I'll revert latest tomorrow with news..

Thanks again,

ATB,

John mc

(I cannot believe I'm here talking juicers....:eek:)

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the reply John...

Let me know how it goes.

I normally wouldn't be talking juicers myself but I really wanna get one...I love smoothies and it'll be great for my little 8 month old daughter for 'proper' juice rather than buying stuff from a supermarket :p

Cheers,
    Chris

To be fair (and I would not normally admit this in public in an AV forum) I am really into the juicer as well - we have a HR1865 at home which is the dogs dangly bits - you just wash the veg/fruit then drop everything into it and somehow it works it all out (much cleverer than an Onkyo TXSR607 AV receiver) and most of the time no matter what combination I throw into it it tastes okay!

I went to the Jason Vale event as well (but I must have been asleep when the Orange peel toxin health warning was issued)

Keep you posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

Any update on the juicers from Philips? I'd like to try and get one tomorrow or Friday.

Cheers,
    Chris

Hi JethroC

I'll have these arriving in this week.
    it's our range topping juicer the HR1865 and will juice pretty much anything you need to juice (even Lettuce!!!! why though??)

Have a look at this...

www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hr1865_00/hr1865_00_pss_eng.pdf

I'll have a limited supply to offer out at €99.99 saving you €100 of our regular price of €199.99.

This will be the last juicer you need to buy

Interested?
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.