Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Team Manager Needed

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

Been searching for awhile now and someone said posting here might help. We play in the 2nd Division of Cork's AUL. We need a manager for the new season. Training starts Tuesday 14th July. Anyone interested reply or PM me please.

We have a coach willing to help an inexperienced manager. Realistically we want someone committed that will make training sessions twice a week and be at the matches on the weekend.

Niall Riordan.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ask on Foot.ie, perhaps in the Cork forum. You should have a much better chance of finding someone actively involved in football there. (I run Foot.ie, but don't ask me! :)) Don't register as "Leeview AFC" though, role accounts aren't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Leeview AFC

I cant register on foot.ie because I only have hotmail, yahoo and gmail accounts which are all not accepted by foot.ie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

We do that to stop spammers, we have a process for letting obvious non-spammers in: register using info AT foot FOOT ie and email the same address with the email address you want to use, I'll update it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

nialler - paddy here,

want me to post on Foot.ie for ya ? or set up a PCPhoto.ie account for you and you can post it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mutul8

Riordan Join Date: Mar 2009

Manager Needed

Hi guys,

Only just came across these forums recently and joined up because like ye (from what I've read) I eat, drink and sleep local football. I'm the founding member of Leeview AFC and due to a horrible 5 months this season I came within a couple of days of folding the club. The wheels had well and truly come off the club. Manager didn't have any interest in training or matches, the players were like kids throwing their toys out after every game. We went 4 months without a win so manager left and we lost a few inspirational players.

I decided to try save the club and took over as manager until I could get something else sorted. first game in charge and we beat Grattan B (sorry littleman) followed it with 3 more wins out of 4. We have a very good structure at the club with some good players.We train twice a week in St.Mary's and thankfully the bad apples have left the club.Things look like getting back on track but I'm only 26 and have no interest in retiring until into my 40s.

So if any of ye guys know of anyone with a bit of managerial experience or someone looking to get into managing a team please let me know. I know it's probably too late in the season to get someone in now but if ye know of anyone that might be interested for next season give me a shout.

Riordan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Leeview AFC

Banned for 7 days for personal abuse.
    This wont be tolerated here so either learn your lesson or go elsewhere.

regards
    Castie

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

How about approaching Paul Doolin. Hopefully he'll be out of the City job by the 14th:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mutul8

Thats not very nice Niall !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

CianDon wrote: »
    How about approaching Paul Doolin. Hopefully he'll be out of the City job by the 14th:D

That prick.

I wouldn't wish him on anyone

Advertisement