Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€400 return to Kuala Lumper

• 06-07-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

Hey!

Was on the internet and stumbled across this. It started off looking like a good bargain and got better and better as it went along.

28th Shannon - Stansted dep20:50-arr22:50 €4 Ryanair
    29th Stansted - Kuala Lumper (Malaysia) 01:25-21:25 €220 Air Asia

Flights to Bangkok from KL are only about €10 Air Asia

13th KL - Stansted 16:00-23:00 €110 -- Air Asia Stay overnight in hotel €60 approx
    14th Stansted - Shannon 08:30-09:55 €4 Ryanair

All in all €400 to get to Kuala Lumper and then about €10 each way to bangkok.

Air Asia have a big sale on for the next 6 days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Unreal. You may have just planned my holidays for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

That outbound flight is now gone up to 373 pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

just checked it there again. its the same price as i said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I'm still getting 373 for the outbound leg alone.

How are you getting cheaper prices? What country of residence do you have it set at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

I'm in new zealand at the moment. I put the country down as Malayasia when asked at the start of the site. Just checked it there again and its the same. They couldnt do different price's for different countries could they??!!

The reason I found it was that I was booking flights witin SE Asia

http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/home.jsp#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've heard good things about the long-haul Air Aisa flight. Well maybe not 'good' things but the flight was a comfortable, no-frills experience.

Will consider this route if I return to SE Asia in the near future especially if heading to Indonesia/Philippines.

Advertisement