Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trip Via M50, M1

• 06-07-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

hi there

do people think that the m1 and m50 will be substantially busier than usual due to the oxygen festival starting on friday. i am travelling down the country on friday and was considering taking a different route to avoid any major congestion due to the festival on the m1, m50 and around naas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

What time is the festival starting at on Friday?

M1 & 50 will probably be a bit busier than usual but I would imagine that the N/M7 will be worst affected.

Saying that, I'm sure someone from the East of the country would have a better idea than myself.

I'm travelling to Dublin Airport on Friday evening. I'll be going clockwise on the M50 and North on the M1 so I don't think Oxygen traffic will really affect me but it will no doubt be heavy anyway given that it's a Friday evening.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

usually the local roads around punchestown are clogged but the main m-ways and main roads move ok. i doubt the M1 would be noticably affected, its usually clogged anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

M50 from Firhouse to Lucan (both directions) is usually very busy from these events. The N7 is usually the worst affected. The N4 is usually stupidly busy up to Maynooth/Celbridge and the N81 will be busy until the far side of Blessington.

My advise would be to leave Dublin before midday or after 10pm if you don't want to hit traffic. But otherwise you should do OK going clockwise - where there are three lanes, avoid the left-hand lane. You might have a 15-30 minute delay getting through the West Dublin section of M50.

Advertisement