Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

is there a last longest comp running for this?
    MORE THAN LIKELTY
    will odds be posted soon on winning &/or making the final table?
    BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING THE LOTTO THAN NAME THE WINNER HERE
    will any of it be televised ?
    ONLY IF SOME BIG NAME LEFT
    will the final table be filmed, either by A tv company or under the table cameras ?
    BY CORBETTS CAMERA PHONE
    will Marty (the machine) Smyth be doing a master class this year ( on how to luck-box a win)

ONLY IF HE GETS HIS 50- 50 RIGHT HE GOT ALL THE 20 -80 ONES UP TO SPEED AS SEEN IN TRAMORE :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Marty719

Is there a full list available of all the side games available? Will there b a PLO tournament on the friday or sunday??

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Marty719 wrote: »
    Is there a full list available of all the side games available? Will there b a PLO tournament on the friday or sunday??

Here is a list of the side events for this years IPO

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

Hi,
    How many people are registered so far and for what days.
    I am going to reister next week but not sure if it will be to late at that stage.
    Any comments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭afex

300+ reg,d at the mo so you will be fine to reg next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Small Change

Is there any info to date on the proposed payout structure for this, or when is it likely to be available?

Probably irrelevant personally, but I live in hope! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Ciaran, is there 1 table sats to IPO and if not will there be?

Is there any info to date on the proposed payout structure for this, or when is it likely to be available?

The payout structure will be availible a bit closer to the time.

CHD wrote: »
    Ciaran, is there 1 table sats to IPO and if not will there be?

No we wouldnt be able to do these as we would struggle to fill them up.

But if you were to get 10 players together to play one Ill get one built for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Marty719

Will there be an email confirmation or anything like that when we hit the 250points, just to clarify the extra 1k??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

DeviantD wrote: »
    Hi,
    How many people are registered so far and for what days.
    I am going to reister next week but not sure if it will be to late at that stage.
    Any comments?
    afex wrote: »
    300+ reg,d at the mo so you will be fine to reg next week

Hi, I would not leave it 'til next week to regsiter if you want to play Day 1B (Saturday 17th Oct)...A lot of players will register in the next few days, now that we are more than half full for the Saturday.

Also, the 250 VIP points promo starts tomorrow so a lot of players will start to register now too I think.

Players, please register today if you want to guarantee your place in the IPO :)

Cheers,
    Stephen.

The payout structure will be availible a bit closer to the time.

The payout structure (percentage breakdown) will be more or less the same as last year. We just have to go over it in the next couple of weeks before we post the exact breakdown.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

We're up over the 380 player mark now (woo hoo!)....Keep the registrations going players. It will be a big relief if we get this tournament sold out early and will allow us to make sure we concentrate on the important stuff for the overall festival.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

like a round of each t,ney fri or sat ??????

afex wrote: »
    like a round of each t,ney fri or sat ??????

Hi Dave,

We are going to talk that over alright.

Won't be confirmed for another week at least though, a few of us are all off on various holidays over the next week.

Stephen.

just trying to keep you busy stephen lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ShadowBJ21

Not a big thing, but in the Boyle Lobby the two days are marked as Oct. 15th and 16th (which would be Thu/Fri)!

The description inside then shows the correct dates.

Shadow

ShadowBJ21 wrote: »
    Not a big thing, but in the Boyle Lobby the two days are marked as Oct. 15th and 16th (which would be Thu/Fri)!

The description inside then shows the correct dates.

Shadow

Hi Shadow,

Cheers for that...The lobby has to display those dates because that's when registration officially closes for each day on Boylepoker.com

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ShadowBJ21

O.K., I see. Thanks!

And for those who are unsure about the 250 VIP's:

I just played 50 minutes at a 0.25/0.50 Six-handed table and made 82.75 VIP's
    So about three hours of play at that level should easily make it.

Shadow

carfax wrote: »
    We're up over the 380 player mark now (woo hoo!)....Keep the registrations going players. It will be a big relief if we get this tournament sold out early and will allow us to make sure we concentrate on the important stuff for the overall festival.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Wohhh, just checked Boylepoker there myself and we have jumped up to 416 total;
    Day 1A 105
    Day 1B 311

Please remember players that only 500 seats are generally available for Day 1A and Day 1B. Once we sell these out there is no guarantee that you will be able to book your seat.

And this means that we are already more than 40% sold out of the generally available seats.

I really can't wait for October now :)

Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

As an fyi. I decided to get this months requirement out of the way early
    I 6 tabled 50nl. Played 342 hands. I obtained 277.05 VIP points in 39 minutes and rake paid was just short of $15.
    Most importantly my winrate was 77.89, totally sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

cooker3 wrote: »
    As an fyi. I decided to get this months requirement out of the way early
    I 6 tabled 50nl. Played 342 hands. I obtained 277.05 VIP points in 39 minutes and rake paid was just short of $15.
    Most importantly my winrate was 77.89, totally sustainable.

VERY NICE
    Dont know how much that equates to in actual winnings €'s but even at $15 for 39 mins, thats about $27 an hour

you could possibly turn pro at that rate and give up the day job

assuming you won at approx 80% i suppose thats a couple of hundred, add that to 40 X $27 = a tidy week's wages in any mans language

truth be known, if you can do it now with 6 tables, you could probably ramp up to 12 tables and double your earnings

DW

From www.Boylepoker.com/ipo -

*Prize pool updated every Monday, Wednesday & Friday.

Keep the registrations going players, its really starting to take off now...

Got my new Dublin jersey too, heading to Cork for a few days so going to be watching the Dublin - Kerry match in the pub with all the langers :)...Come on the Dubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Steven - i cant seem to book a hotel room at the regency online , the site wont allow me . On page 1 you said the hotel was block booked by boyles for satellite winners & vips etc . Is this still the case as i qualified on boyles on friday night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭High-Tower

Hoki wrote: »
    Steven - i cant seem to book a hotel room at the regency online , the site wont allow me . On page 1 you said the hotel was block booked by boyles for satellite winners & vips etc . Is this still the case as i qualified on boyles on friday night ?

Same thing happened for me last year..

You will have to telephone the Regency with the dates and tell them that you are playing the tournament, should be hunky-dory then !

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Just played 4 Rio sng's for 252 points so should be sorted now for this month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

registered yesterday and 2 tabled .1/.2 PLO for a couple of hours. got 255 points and 4 BI profit. (Found 10 euros on my boyle account which is now 130 so far, so hopefully the IPO will pay for itself)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Having trouble downloading Boyle Poker. Sophos Anti-Virus says it contains malware.

So basically ave tried to download through IE and Firefox and amn't able to do it at all.

Any ideas / anyone had this problem?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Having trouble downloading Boyle Poker. Sophos Anti-Virus says it contains malware.

So basically ave tried to download through IE and Firefox and amn't able to do it at all.

Any ideas / anyone had this problem?

:confused:

turn off av then download

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Sunday morning/ afternoon hangover, so decided to throw on Boyles and sit there clicking like a zombie.

Four tables, one hour, 372 hands, profit of 0.06c but, more importantly, got 140.35 points.

Time to order a chinese now!!!:D

Advertisement