Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

dumbass question: I've signed up to Boyles today and have earnt over 250 points already...but I haven't regged for the IPO yet

if/when I do register, do these points count towards the extra chips or do I need to earn them again after I register?

You don't have to play another hand in August as you are guaranteed to get the first 1,000 bonus chips now (regardless of when you register), but we would prefer that you rack up a few thousand points every single month from now on :)

Cheers,
    Stephen.

We are motoring now. Only 100 seats left for Day 1B (Saturday 17th Oct). Please register soon :)

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

carfax wrote: »
    We are motoring now. Only 100 seats left for Day 1B (Saturday 17th Oct). Please register soon :)

Stephen.

And you are supposed to be on holidays mister(!) :rolleyes: You can afford to give yourself a few days off the seats ARE selling well! :D

And you are supposed to be on holidays mister(!) :rolleyes: You can afford to give yourself a few days off the seats ARE selling well! :D

Thanks Electra, only 79 seats left now for Day 1B (Saturday 17th Oct)...Keep the registrations going players :)

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

Warper wrote: »
    Ya got the 250 VIP pts myself - thinks it takes roughly 6 $20 Sit-n-go's.

Will the additional 1000 chips be automatically added to our starting stacks?

This sounds like a plan, off I go with my $200, hopefully in an hour I will have the buying and the points to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

digiman wrote: »
    This sounds like a plan, off I go with my $200, hopefully in an hour I will have the buying and the points to play

Points got in 40mins playing 7 SNGs, made a loss of $49 but ran bad. Spin up the rest in cash game now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Do we get an email when we get the required number of points? Or how do we know for sure? ( How do we know you know!)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Do we get an email when we get the required number of points? Or how do we know for sure? ( How do we know you know!)

From the end of next week we will have a webpage up with the list of nicknames that have qualifed for the bonus chips.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why is it limited to 500 per day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Any pros and cons to which day to play. I have regd for 1b because it will fill first.

Only advantage i see to day 1a is i wouldnt need accomadation so i will probably go with this day in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Prefer 1b myself. It could be really irritating, waiting 34 hours or so, just to shove your 8bb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭horsebox1

Just Regged for day 1b only 64 seats left now!!!!:D
    Built up entry fee & points playing $10 S&G (18 points per game).

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Prefer 1b myself. It could be really irritating, waiting 34 hours or so, just to shove your 8bb.

Ya true but guess you would nearly be obliged to play a side game if you went to that much bother.

5starpool wrote: »
    Why is it limited to 500 per day?

We are only expecting 1300 runners so we are only allowing 500 per day as we have to keep seats for VIPs and satellite winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I don't seem to have gotten any points for playing the deepstack on Friday. Is that excluded?

Edit: Ignore this I did get points.

Only 37 seats left for Day 1B. Should be sold out by tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Cheers all,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Subscription to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Just spun €14 into IPO reg thru $10/$20 double ups then .25/.50 PLO - WAHOO!!! Number 473 to reg for day 1B.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Just spun €14 into IPO reg thru $10/$20 double ups then .25/.50 PLO - WAHOO!!! Number 473 to reg for day 1B.

Ha im number 474 for day 1B

22 Day 1b seats left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

I am regged for day 1A.
    Surely those regged for Day 1B will have an unfair advantage in respect of the chips in play if only 300 reg for day 1A and over 500 for Day 1B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ShadowBJ21

Don't think so. As long as the number of bustouts isn't completely different in proportion, they play the same number of levels and don't land anywere near the money on day one, it won't matter.

But beside all that it will sell out anyway so you will have the same number of players each day when it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

bigbadpat wrote: »
    I am regged for day 1A.
    Surely those regged for Day 1B will have an unfair advantage in respect of the chips in play if only 300 reg for day 1A and over 500 for Day 1B

1A will sell out easily.

Compare this to first one a few years back. I remember around 20 people registered in first 2 months and only 200 had registered about a fortnight before. This will not be even close.

cooker3 wrote: »
    1A will sell out easily.

Compare this to first one a few years back. I remember around 20 people registered in first 2 months and only 200 had registered about a fortnight before. This will not be even close.

Thanks Cooker, yeah it was a bit scary the first year when we had around 800 registrations in the week or so before the event :).

The fact that this event has so many tickets already paid in full, over two months before the start date is amazing (and not trying to big up pokerireland.ie or Boylepoker in saying that, it is simply down to the huge enthusiasm from players for the event).

However, even if there were a different number of players taking part it would not be any advantage to any one group, so long as everyone has played the same number of levels on Day 1A, 1B etc....There are lots of major tournaments that have differing numbers in the field on the various start days but you only ever have to beat the 9/10 players at your table at any one time :).

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

I played on day 1a last year as i didnt want to be 'influenced' by stats of tourney at end of day..ie finishing chips stacks, length of play, no of players left etc etc and i wanted a day 'break' if i made it to last day
    This year I am playing day 1b as I dont want a break if i get to final day so i can stay in 'zone'
    I dont think it matters what day you play

stephen/ciaran.......is the bar going to close early again with hordes of poker aficiondos lingering about or will the hotel be able to get a 'special' licence for the night......

Eyecatcher wrote: »
    I played on day 1a last year as i didnt want to be 'influenced' by stats of tourney at end of day..ie finishing chips stacks, length of play, no of players left etc etc and i wanted a day 'break' if i made it to last day
    This year I am playing day 1b as I dont want a break if i get to final day so i can stay in 'zone'
    I dont think it matters what day you play

stephen/ciaran.......is the bar going to close early again with hordes of poker aficiondos lingering about or will the hotel be able to get a 'special' licence for the night......

Residents bar is going to be open 'til the early hours but the legalities are going to rule the roost, closing times will be strictly adhered to (we couldn't convince the hotel to do otherwise :) ).

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

carfax wrote: »
    .....................................but you only ever have to beat the 9/10 players at your table at any one time :).

Stephen........Never realised it was that easy !! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

ah ha...so its basically a collection of SNG games ....and as there are 1300 players on 130 tables the winner of each progresses to 13 tables and ultimately 1 table and a winner .......so its like the difficulty of winning 4 sng's in a row........easy then ( although I cant remember last time I WON 4 sng'S in a row :))

oh if only.............................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Can the IPO Tokens be transferred to other players in boyles, iv got one but i wouldnt mind playing a few more sats..

My brothers will be playing but cant be arsed playing sats..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Looks as if the Saturday is now full

Advertisement