Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    Looks as if the Saturday is now full
    Yup, queue the whining posts by people claiming they weren't given enough notice, and ' can I pay in on the day?'
    Well done Stephen & Boyle(Ciaran C).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Yes indeed; Day 1B (Saturday 17th Oct) is now sold out. Last year we sold out all Day 1A tickets within ten days of selling out Day 1B.

Please be sure to book early, the current prize-pool for the IPO is well over $160,000 as of this moment and will be $300k+ before the tournament starts.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭horsebox1

Yep, well done Stephen & Ciaran, communication to date has been great.
    Are there as many european entries this year?

Cheers.

carfax wrote: »
    Yes indeed; Day 1B (Saturday 17th Oct) is now sold out. Last year we sold out all Day 1A tickets within ten days of selling out Day 1B.

Please be sure to book early, the current prize-pool for the IPO is well over $160,000 as of this moment and will be $300k+ before the tournament starts.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

horsebox1 wrote: »
    Yep, well done Stephen & Ciaran, communication to date has been great.
    Are there as many european entries this year?

Cheers.

We should be able to update you on that shortly with a complete breakdown (I think its the end of month that we will know) but it is already close to 60/40 in favour of the Europeans (I think).... this is fairly standard as the European players are always first to book their seats (as they have to book flights & hotel too).

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

aidankk wrote: »
    Can the IPO Tokens be transferred to other players in boyles, iv got one but i wouldnt mind playing a few more sats..

My brothers will be playing but cant be arsed playing sats..:rolleyes:

I was wondering something similar, I have a ticket, can I still play sats and if I win one what are my options? Can I get the cash equivalent or whats the story?

Thanks

• Advertisement

I was wondering something similar, I have a ticket, can I still play sats and if I win one what are my options? Can I get the cash equivalent or whats the story?

Thanks

Pretty certain Ciaran will look after you on this front (i.e. he's not going to pocket one of the tickets or anything :) )...You can win as many sats as you like this year and can get cash for 2nd tickets etc.

Stephen.

I am 99% sure that what I have said above here is true but I'm sure Ciarán will be on to correct me if I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

carfax wrote: »
    Pretty certain Ciaran will look after you on this front (i.e. he's not going to pocket one of the tickets or anything :) )...You can win as many sats as you like this year and can get cash for 2nd tickets etc.

Stephen.

I am 99% sure that what I have said above here is true but I'm sure Ciarán will be on to correct me if I am wrong.

That is correct. If you win a second ticket PM me your details and ill sort it out for you.

Hi All,

Registrations are coming in now at a rate of about 30 players per day.

There are less than 330 seats for the IPO now. As we get closer to full we will get far more than 30 reg's per day so this will probably be sold out before 17th/18th...

Please please please book your seat now if you haven't already and get onto Boylepoker for the 250 VIP points in August and again in September.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

congrats ciaran and stephen on a job well done

just cant effin wait :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

It would be a great incentive if Boyle Sports would a.s.a.p. get the page up on the website showing the qualifers for the extra chips in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

bigbadpat wrote: »
    It would be a great incentive if Boyle Sports would a.s.a.p. get the page up on the website showing the qualifers for the extra chips in August.

Pat did you ever consider getting into business? You are so good at running everyone elses I cant help but think that if you applied the same energy to your own that you would be a millionaire by now. Never too late to kick off your own enterprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mully_85

just wondering how the vip points works as i have just started playin some low stakes HU tryin to spin up the buyin for the IPO for the like 5 bucks i found in my dormant boyle account!

do u have to have registered already for the vip points to be valid? or do vip points gained before u register in the month of augustcount as well?

bigbadpat wrote: »

Hi Pat, I know Ciarán and Co. have been working on this, the delay is most likely due to getting the information off iPoker, but the second we have it organised it will be up on the - www.boylepoker.com/ipo - site.

Guys all feedback is very much appreciated and we will do our very best to address all concerns and answer any and all questions.
    Plus; by constantly having different IPO players posting in this thread it keeps it fresh and therefore helps us get more and more players registered now :).
    mully_85 wrote: »
    just wondering how the vip points works as i have just started playin some low stakes HU tryin to spin up the buyin for the IPO for the like 5 bucks i found in my dormant boyle account!

do u have to have registered already for the vip points to be valid? or do vip points gained before u register in the month of augustcount as well?

Hi Mully, glad to see we've managed to get you to join the dark-side of earning the 250 VIP points in August & September.

The points that you've now started earning in August are valid towards the first 250 VIP points (and bonus chips). Once you play, anytime in September and build up the same points you will be eligible for the second 250 VIP points (and bonus chips).
    It does not matter when you register so long as you register before we sell out (which will be a few days from now I hope).

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

Pat did you ever consider getting into business? You are so good at running everyone elses I cant help but think that if you applied the same energy to your own that you would be a millionaire by now. Never too late to kick off your own enterprise.

I obviously hit a raw nerve here on this thread. :eek: :eek:

You should spend all your time & energy sorting this out.:D :D:D

Just to let anyone that has PM'd (think I've replied to everyone) or emailed me that the Regency Hotel rooms are gone (at least the rooms that we have block booked).

By the looks of things it would be very advisable to book accomodation (Skylon Hotel is only five mins walk away) now if you need it and have not already done so.

Dublin Skylon Hotel +353 (0)1 8843900 Drumcondra Road, D.9

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

must resist the urge to derail the IPO thread for the 2nd year in a row. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Guzzzzfraraba.........deep breaths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

dont you mean the 3rd year ?

count to ten, if that doeant work, try counting sheep

dw

Keep the regiatrations going players.

192 now registered for Day 1A so just over 300 seats still available. This means its been a slow day for registrations :)

Also; from what I can see on the international forums etc, the vast majority of players are going to be starting this tournament with 10,000 chips.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I am registered for day 1B, but if I had to change to day 1A at a later point (even when 1A was sold out, would this be an issue? I realise that it is not something that can be allowed generally, but is it possible, or would my only option to be to pull out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Last year you were able to swap with people from day 1A who wanted to play 1B

5starpool wrote: »
    I am registered for day 1B, but if I had to change to day 1A at a later point (even when 1A was sold out, would this be an issue? I realise that it is not something that can be allowed generally, but is it possible, or would my only option to be to pull out?

Hi Dom,

You can unregister from Day 1B at any time (up to close of registration) but if you want to swap to Day 1A it will have to be before the event sells out....The only other way is to do as Pat says there, but its risky enough as last year one or two players got caught out by a third party being faster on the mouse than they were.
    ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Last year you were able to swap with people from day 1A who wanted to play 1B

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hardly ideal, but understandable. Cheers for the reply.

5starpool wrote: »
    Hardly ideal, but understandable. Cheers for the reply.

Yeah I know because it's still two months away, its hard to make plans for...

We could probably sell this out with 3,000 runners this year :)

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

hi stephen i am out of the country until friday week. i was planing on playing friday anyway.do u see it filling before then,surely not. baz h

baz2007 wrote: »
    hi stephen i am out of the country until friday week. i was planing on playing friday anyway.do u see it filling before then,surely not. baz h

Hi Baz,

I do think it will fill up before 20th August, and I think I could only be wrong by a couple of days on that.

We are registering a good few overseas players this week and once we get over the 250 player mark for Day 1A it will fill up within a matter of days (if last year is anything to go by).

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

cheers stephen not much i can do about it over here,will just have to take a chance and hope it doesnt fill by friday ty mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

i didnt see this one addressed in the FAQ's

is there a dress code for players at this event?

dw

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

i didnt see this one addressed in the FAQ's

is there a dress code for players at this event?

dw

You can wear what you like (within reason, please don't wear anything illegal or extremely offensive).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nando9

last year there were 1300 players will you be releasing any more seats to get to this figure again this year or is 1000 the limit. if so why?

Advertisement