Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

nando9 wrote: »
    last year there were 1300 players will you be releasing any more seats to get to this figure again this year or is 1000 the limit. if so why?
    Afaik, the 300 seats are reserved for online satellites, and a few guest players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

i didnt see this one addressed in the FAQ's

is there a dress code for players at this event?

dw

and please please do wear something !! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭roleynoley

Afaik, the 300 seats are reserved for online satellites, and a few guest players.
    Hope 1 of your guests is the winner of yere sponsored pro promotion,love to see him there!!!:))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

lillou wrote: »
    You can wear what you like (within reason, please don't wear anything illegal or extremely offensive).

so you're saying it's ok for me to wear my lucky red g-string?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Meh, just registered for 1A in case I couldn't play 1B. I guess I'll take the day off so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Peabob

Right I'm not going to moan about missing the saturday registration as I know it's tough luck. However, I've registered for Friday and assuming I'm able to find someone who wants to swap how can I go about swapping the days? Do we have to contact Boyle? The reason I ask is at this exact moment day 1b only has 499 players on the boyle poker client but it still won't let me register as the tournament is now set to restricted.

Also, if anyone reading this does want to swap please get in touch and I would be ever grateful as I won't be arriving in Ireland until late friday.

Also if I find someone with an espare tournament token can I buy it off them for $300? :D

Not at all desperate or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Peabob wrote: »
    Right I'm not going to moan about missing the saturday registration as I know it's tough luck. However, I've registered for Friday and assuming I'm able to find someone who wants to swap how can I go about swapping the days? Do we have to contact Boyle? The reason I ask is at this exact moment day 1b only has 499 players on the boyle poker client but it still won't let me register as the tournament is now set to restricted.

Also, if anyone reading this does want to swap please get in touch and I would be ever grateful as I won't be arriving in Ireland until late friday.

You can probably swap with me ! Im in for the saturday but think il choose friday in te end. Wont be doing it for a few days just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

nando9 wrote: »
    last year there were 1300 players will you be releasing any more seats to get to this figure again this year or is 1000 the limit. if so why?

We are definitely going to release more than 300+ tickets (can't tell you the exact figure as we want to keep it a mystery 'til closer to the time). The only way to get in after we sell out is through online satellites. Satellites for Day 1B will be available shortly so I really hope we get loads and loads of interest in these to get the numbers up.
    Peabob wrote: »

tipp86 wrote: »
    You can probably swap with me ! Im in for the saturday but think il choose friday in te end. Wont be doing it for a few days just in case.

This is the only way that you will be able to switch days but even then there are no guarantees. Ciarán is off down in Cork so not sure if he will be checking here. I will email the team to see what can be done, if you can both PM me your Boyle SN.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Keep the registrations going players...236 now for Day 1A which means we are just off the half way (three quarter way overall) mark.

imho this tournament will be sold out by this day next week so please be prepared for that.

Once we sell the 1,000 tickets you will not be able to directly buy-in for the IPO. The only way to get a ticket will be through satellites.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Advertisement

bigbadpat wrote: »
    It would be a great incentive if Boyle Sports would a.s.a.p. get the page up on the website showing the qualifers for the extra chips in August.

oops, I almost forgot :o

http://www.boylesports.com/sections/poker/d.asp?show=IPO_VIP_Points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

any one running a book on this event been cancelled due to swine flue?

only joking....by the way.

WP Stephen, excellant numbers and looking forward to the event.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    any one running a book on this event been cancelled due to swine flue?

only joking....by the way.

WP Stephen, excellant numbers and looking forward to the event.

Cheers Ollie,

This tournament won't be cancelled if the black plague hits Dublin :)

Not sure if there will be a book as it would take a lot of time to put together and to monitor.

We will talk it over and come back to you on it though.

We are just under the 250 player mark now so the registrations are definitely getting stronger (over 35 players registered yesterday I think). I reckon we're on target to have this completely sold out by 20th/21st August.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Can I just ask everyone to double check this link to make sure the points displayed are correct;

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

Looks good to me...............................:D :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

lillou wrote: »
    You can wear what you like (within reason, please don't wear anything illegal or extremely offensive).

and I thought I was the one with the mad cap ideas

just where are you going with "wearing illegal garments", i mean,, what could one wear that would be illegal

a sawn-off shotgun maybe?

a guy arrives at a fancy dress party, one where you have to come as an emotion

1st guy is naked but painted red, clearly arrives as rage
    2nd guy is naked but painted greean, clearly arrives as envy

3rd guy arrives naked but with his u know what in a bowl of custard
    the emotion he was endeavouring to arrive as
    "Fxxxxin discusted"

All i was wondering was would it be expected that smart casual would be ok?
    man,,,some people,,,

Has anyone seen me Sunderland shirt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Sir Patrick Hicks and my good self shall be in attendance at your little soiree.
    shall we have a little countdown to the soldout! moment? i suspect about this Wednesday at 10.45pm. over/unders?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hope to be on your left again this year Des. Easy chips :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

zuutroy wrote: »
    Hope to be on your left again this year Des. Easy chips :D

thumbs up

just for the hard of hearing how do you post a pic rather than a link to it?
    is it i've only posted 2000 times, gimme a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

carfax wrote: »
    Can I just ask everyone to double check this link to make sure the points displayed are correct;

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Mines good:)

• Advertisement

Racked up about 80 points today just playing 10c/20c limit for a couple of hours. Should be easy. :D

Registrations are still coming in at 25/30 per day.

Only 225 seats left now, all other seats will only be available through online satellites.

We're still expecting to be sold out by this Friday, once we get closer to the 1,000 player mark we expect seats to go quickly....Please register today if you plan on taking part next October.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Keep the registrations going players. We are up over the 785 player mark now. I would really love to be right and have the tournament sold out by this Friday but its not looking likely at the moment :o

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

Keep the registrations going players. We are up over the 785 player mark now. I would really love to be right and have the tournament sold out by this Friday but its not looking likely at the moment :o

Stephen.

There'd be one more here if I was only let register :(

Donkathon wrote: »
    There'd be one more here if I was only let register :(

Is this because of the 12 month self ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

Is this because of the 12 month self ban?

Unfortunitly, I know only myself to blame though :(

Donkathon wrote: »
    Unfortunitly, I know only myself to blame though :(

Just keep yourself ready to make a killing in 2010 :)

791 seats sold right now. They've slowed down a little bit but we might get a big rush when we get over the 800 player mark. Please remember that once we hit 1,000 players there will be no more seats available for direct buy-in.

Stephen.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can I pay in cash on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

5starpool wrote: »
    Can I pay in cash on the day?

of course you can.

I reckon that earns you a BAN!

talk about DBC

• Advertisement

Ollieboy wrote: »
    of course you can.

I reckon that earns you a BAN!

talk about DBC

Lol, 5star = DBC!

And we are up over the 800 mark officially (much more than that really as we are still to register all the VIP's and celebs.

Please tell anyone you know that intends to play the IPO to book very very soon. Last year we sold out within a few days of this point (200 away from full).

Cheers all for getting behind this tournament. Its the best reward to see players registering so soon, what it means to me is that people are as enthusiastic about the IPO as we are.

Stephen.

Advertisement