Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Peabob

carfax wrote: »
    Cheers all for getting behind this tournament. Its the best reward to see players registering so soon, what it means to me is that people are as enthusiastic about the IPO as we are.

And the flights are cheap if you book now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

If anyone wants day 1b in the ipo drop me a pm. Im registered for it but im now playing 1a so if anyone wants it drop me a pm. Im only on for a few more minutes and wont be on again until late tomorrow so wont pm back for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

830 Players, woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

154 to go. very disappointed with the turnout. reckon u'll be able to buy in on the day tbh. hold off getting a ticket for a few weeks at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

100 extra seats for days 1a and days 1b have just this minute been released.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Does this mean that there will be less Very Important People at this then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ShadowBJ21

Does this mean we will more likely end at 1500 players then 1300?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fergusl

If you cant make the tournament when you unregister is your account credited with the buyin as per a normal online tournament? Thanks.

5starpool wrote: »
    Does this mean that there will be less Very Important People at this then?

No, there's still lots of them :)
    ShadowBJ21 wrote: »
    Does this mean we will more likely end at 1500 players then 1300?

Its a possiblity :)
    fergusl wrote: »
    If you cant make the tournament when you unregister is your account credited with the buyin as per a normal online tournament? Thanks.

Yes :)

Sorry for the slow responses today, trouble with interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Its a possiblity :)

Does this mean ur trying to break the record for largest tournament outside of vegas? I believe this stands at 1347 from the PCA 2009. Would be exciting if you managed this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

There was 1300 + enough guests to make it over that last year I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

zuutroy wrote: »
    There was 1300 + enough guests to make it over that last year I'd have thought.

Well pokerstars in their broadcast of said tournament stated their's was the biggest/largest tournament outside of vegas with 1347 players. Maybe they meant prizepool wise though, as first did get $3,000,000.

I suppose every company wants their event to be the biggest best record breaking etc etc. However, I think any poker live tournament over 1000 runners (especially one with a mere $250 buy in) is an awesome opportunity for players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

fergusl wrote: »

sat winners cannot unregister otherwise can unreg and be refunded as standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭roleynoley

Does this include the winner of yere sponsored pro promo as well??Id love to meet him!!:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

roleynoley wrote: »

Does this include the winner of yere sponsored pro promo as well??Id love to meet him!!:))

no he crap really worse than ? jesus really cant think of anyone worse than him :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

830 Players, woo hoo!
    ^^^^^
    That was yesterday at about this time.

Now we have 870! :eek:

Well he's the most important (and special) of all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

bigslick wrote: »
    Does this mean ur trying to break the record for largest tournament outside of vegas? I believe this stands at 1347 from the PCA 2009. Would be exciting if you managed this

I am sickened by this more equals better approach to tournament structures. Please limit numbers to 1346 as a protest to this record breaking malarky.

Also i'm not happy about the release of extra seats while I'm busy enjoying the moment approaching when no more fellow poker monkeys will be able to register.

Also, please do not seat me next to MAd MArty for 5 hours this year or I shall go postal on all staff.

So, i suppose its 366 to go now, what a way to burst my evil pleasure...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Also i'm not happy about the release of extra seats while I'm busy enjoying the moment approaching when no more fellow poker monkeys will be able to register.

In, day 1b. ;)

• Advertisement

corkie123 wrote: »

no he crap really worse than ? jesus really cant think of anyone worse than him :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I can,Sean Coughlan is way worse!!!:))))

Well he's the most important (and special) of all :)
    LOL!!I expect ye'll be comping him in so ya???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 pfc12

get in there opened account yesterday(10euro) played 2.5 hours cash made 15euro , another 2 hours today made 45 euro regd for a $10 sat and won my seat in the ipo and earnt enough points for an extra 1k startin . LOVE IT !!!:D:D:D:D:D

Any chance of inflatable boxing at the IPO, for those who have clashed in the chatbox online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Peabob wrote: »
    Any chance of inflatable boxing at the IPO, for those who have clashed in the chatbox online?
    oooohhhh yes please, but forget the inflatable bit .

DAMO72 wrote: »
    oooohhhh yes please, but forget the inflatable bit .

Behave yourself Damo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭kinghigh

is there food included on day? pizza etc?

my vip points haven't gone up in nearly week on site but am over 300 now? will check again tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Nice to have the extra seats. I self excluded (from a plethora of sites, not just Boyles) for the next 6 weeks (6 months elsewhere since Boyles have a flexible self exclusion possible) so as to...

1. Not get distracted from exams and college work
    2. Still have a fiance come October
    3. To have some money after the past 3 losing weeks.

But at the same time I jst twigged that even if I manage to get registered (looking unlikely given the time frame) that I'd only manage the 1000 chips due to being unable to play during September. Unless I self excluded til Sep 30th, in which case I've some few hours to manage it in. Really should check.

kinghigh wrote: »
    is there food included on day? pizza etc?

No food included in the reg fee.
    There are lots of food options to choose from with some very nice restaurants in the Regency itself and just down the road.

kinghigh wrote: »
    my vip points haven't gone up in nearly week on site but am over 300 now? will check again tomorrow
    Should be up in the next two /three days. At the moment the list is being updated twice per week.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Whats the update on seats remaining (for day 1a & 1b)

Was meant to get registered at the weekend but have to wait until this evening

Advertisement