Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Assume you got registered there Mr. Ivey :)

917 seats sold as of right now. 15 seats left for Day 1B.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Onsberg

What a hassle this is.

I registered an account earlier in the week and deposited enough funds to earn the august bonus chip. Then I went in today to deposit for the buyin as the seats are starting to run low. I was not allowed to deposit funds until I provided proof of identity. This is a first time ever on a poker site for me - it usually only happens when trying to withdraw.

Now I have to go through the hassle of getting a new scan of a bill or show up in a shop to get them to fax the info to whoever needs to verify it. Hope there are still seats left when this is all done.

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Onsberg wrote: »
    What a hassle this is.

I registered an account earlier in the week and deposited enough funds to earn the august bonus chip. Then I went in today to deposit for the buyin as the seats are starting to run low. I was not allowed to deposit funds until I provided proof of identity. This is a first time ever on a poker site for me - it usually only happens when trying to withdraw.

Now I have to go through the hassle of getting a new scan of a bill or show up in a shop to get them to fax the info to whoever needs to verify it. Hope there are still seats left when this is all done.

*sigh*

This is standard stuff on ipoker skins. I even had ppp ask me for it recently even though i have been with them for a couple of years.

it'll be worth it i'm sure

big_iain wrote: »
    This is standard stuff on ipoker skins. I even had ppp ask me for it recently even though i have been with them for a couple of years.

it'll be worth it i'm sure

Yeah, it will be worth it. :)

Anyone know the closest Boylesports from Connolly Station/IFSC? Preferably within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Anyone know the closest Boylesports from Connolly Station/IFSC? Preferably within walking distance.
    6 Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2
    Unit 2, Parnell Plaza, Parnell Street, Dublin 1
    http://www.boylesports.com/info/d.asp?show=ShopListText

None exactly handy as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

some internet cafes will have the boylepoker software..you could chance your arm and if they have it, then use your laser..

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    some internet cafes will have the boylepoker software..you could chance your arm and if they have it, then use your laser..
    The software doesn't allow me to deposit fund until I provide Boylesports with a proof of identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

What a hassle this is.

*sigh*

I opened an account, deposited funds and after I registered for the IPO
    I had to provide proof of my AGE :eek:

Copy of Passport scanned in and sent and Account fully operational within 24 Hours.:) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Hot-Rod

bigbadpat wrote: »
    I opened an account, deposited funds and after I registered for the IPO
    I had to provide proof of my AGE :eek:

Copy of Passport scanned in and sent and Account fully operational within 24 Hours.:) :)
    I had to do this myself, been playing on boyles for over 4 years now first time i have been asked for it. Very annoying! Full tilt and Pokerstars have asked for the same information of me, when i tried to withdraw money in the past 3 months, so all the poker sites must be doing this now

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

What a hassle this is.

*sigh*

This is standard security proceedure we have to verify all cards added to accounts. Most can be handled by a call to our merchant services but unfortunatly some need to be manually verifed (scan of utility bill and passport)

I can understand the frustration it causes ,but this proceedure is in place to protect both parties from fraud and will become more common place with other operaters in the future.

If you need any help with getting the documents across drop me a PM and Ill be more than happy to help.

Ciaran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

having bother registering for day1a - register button not appearing in the pop-up box

This is standard security proceedure we have to verify all cards added to accounts. Most can be handled by a call to our merchant services but unfortunatly some need to be manually verifed (scan of utility bill and passport)

I can understand the frustration it causes ,but this proceedure is in place to protect both parties from fraud and will become more common place with other operaters in the future.

If you need any help with getting the documents across drop me a PM and Ill be more than happy to help.

Ciaran

My main gripe with this is not that it happens. I understand there are security measures for such businesses. My gripe is that I initially was able to make a deposit, not even a week earlier, with the same credit card, without any trouble. The deposit amount was even the same as the initial one.

I wish these sort of things could be sorted through a video call via Skype. Nevertheless I will try to make it to one of the shops ASAP. What are the opening hours like? I could not find this information on the web site.

My main gripe with this is not that it happens. I understand there are security measures for such businesses. My gripe is that I initially was able to make a deposit, not even a week earlier, with the same credit card, without any trouble. The deposit amount was even the same as the initial one.

I wish these sort of things could be sorted through a video call via Skype. Nevertheless I will try to make it to one of the shops ASAP. What are the opening hours like? I could not find this information on the web site.

We normally send an email requesting the details and give 48 hours for a response.

The shops shut at 9.30pm tonight.

smcb wrote: »
    having bother registering for day1a - register button not appearing in the pop-up box

Have you funds or a token in your account?

We normally send an email requesting the details and give 48 hours for a response.

The shops shut at 9.30pm tonight.

Yes, I was told I would receive an email. The only email I have from Boylesports is a Claim your sign up bonus" one.

I'll be heading to the shop soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Rod & Reel

just decided to play this tourney today. (other things plans around same time cancelled)

so just wondering do i need to reg first in order to get the extra chips or do my points for august count no matter when i reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

Rod & Reel wrote: »
    just decided to play this tourney today. (other things plans around same time cancelled)

so just wondering do i need to reg first in order to get the extra chips or do my points for august count no matter when i reg.

Your points count from when you play, you dont have to have registered before you get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Rod & Reel

Enzo Scifo wrote: »
    Your points count from when you play, you dont have to have registered before you get them.

thanks enzo

smcb wrote: »
    token

PM me your account number and ill have a look first thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

PM me your account number and ill have a look first thing

my token not come yet ciaran :rolleyes:

960 seats sold now. Keep the registrations going peops :)

Looks like it could be the end of August before we're sold out :D

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭accomputers.ie

Can I register for day 1a by paying in a shop. I have a tinternet account and played it last year by registering online but have an online cashflow shortage these days. Enzo scifo, did I love that Belgium team.

Can I register for day 1a by paying in a shop. I have a tinternet account and played it last year by registering online but have an online cashflow shortage these days. Enzo scifo, did I love that Belgium team.

You can lodge money in any of our shops nationwide and then use the funds to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

Can you please post the link for the extra chip qualification again.
    Need to know...

gocall01 wrote: »
    Can you please post the link for the extra chip qualification again.
    Need to know...

www.boylepoker.com/ipo for full information on the IPO

To go directly to the VIP points list;
    http://www.boylesports.com/sections/poker/d.asp?show=IPO_VIP_Points

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

Just an idea to Stephen /Ciaran for a spot prize

As there are so many 'celebrities' going would it be possible for them to each sign a card in a deck of cards and then offer up the whole deck as a prize

Would be nice to have and if I got it ..no it wouldn't go on EBay :o

Just a thought :rolleyes:

Eyecatcher wrote: »
    Just an idea to Stephen /Ciaran for a spot prize

As there are so many 'celebrities' going would it be possible for them to each sign a card in a deck of cards and then offer up the whole deck as a prize

Would be nice to have and if I got it ..no it wouldn't go on EBay :o

Just a thought :rolleyes:

I'm going to leave this one to Ciarán, I know that I don't want to have to track down 52 celebs during the weekend :P

Any Boards volunteers for this job?, would be great to auction it off for charity.

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Is it full yet, is it..... well:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

tell me this...arrived by train last year, will be driving this time, what's the parking situation at the hotel?

Advertisement