Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I think its a sign that its my turn this time:D. Im gonna suck out on everyone and then get the BUBBLE as usual.
    I was trying to ring you last week to no avail and sent you a txt which you seem to have not read or replied to. I know your getting old and forgetfull but surely you can remember how to answer a phone.
    I dont know , Pensioners these day's.

PM SENT WITH NEW CONTACT DETAILS, NOT ON HERE, PESTERED TOO MUCH WITH PEEPS LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE IPO, SWITHED OFF THE NUMBER FOR NOW
    DW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

Ciaran
    PM sent
    Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

imaleper wrote: »
    So come the tournament, will i just enter give someone my username and be led to my throne?

Please clarify this... Thank you

When you arrive in the Regency (at 12:45pm or earlier is advisable) on Friday 16th or Saturday 17th you will see your name (in alphabetical order) on a big screen with your seat number alongside.

Take your seat and you are ready to play (no queueing to register etc, as you've already paid your buy-in).
    Ciaran
    PM sent
    Derek

Hi Derek, I got your PM the other day, got that sorted, Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Peabob

carfax wrote: »
    When you arrive in the Regency (at 12:45pm or earlier is advisable) on Friday 16th or Saturday 17th you will see your name (in alphabetical order) on a big screen with your seat number alongside.

Take your seat and you are ready to play (no queueing to register etc, as you've already paid your buy-in).

I remember having to show ID last year to people with clipboards with seat lists. Not the case this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Peabob

Wow I've just seen you've upped the max reg for each day to 700 now! so 1400 runners + VIPs and extra satelite winners I assume. What's the total cap now?!

• Advertisement

Peabob wrote: »
    I remember having to show ID last year to people with clipboards with seat lists. Not the case this time?

Its advisable for everyone to bring ID in case of any issues along those lines.

The only reason the people with clipboards will be there will be to speed up the process of getting everyone to their seats (i.e. if you can't see your name on the screen, - even though it is up there :) - we will have lots of floor staff getting everybody sorted out).

Stephen.

P.S. Full side event structure to follow early next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

When does the vip points be updated on boyles site. Ive just checked and im not on it .
    do you have to make the points after you reg??

Peabob wrote: »
    Wow I've just seen you've upped the max reg for each day to 700 now! so 1400 runners + VIPs and extra satelite winners I assume. What's the total cap now?!

Its complicated :)

All we've released in total so far is 1,200 seats. There are dozens of VIP players, celebs etc travelling from overseas so they are going to take up a lot of seats and then the Boylepoker.com satellite winners will still be able to enter.

We only have 180 seats left available to the general poker playing public at the moment. You will not be able to buy one for love nor money after we sell these, you will only be able to qualify through online satellites.

We want to keep the overall cap a mystery at this stage (we're also not entirely sure ourselves :) )

Stephen.

DAMO72 wrote: »
    When does the vip points be updated on boyles site. Ive just checked and im not on it .
    do you have to make the points after you reg??

VIP points list is updated twice per week Damo, on Mondays and Thursdays as far as I know.

You can make the points at any time in August (and then September), it doesn't matter whether you had registered or not.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

VIP points list is updated twice per week Damo, on Mondays and Thursdays as far as I know.

I can confirm that this is being done ever since the new page went up on the web site.

• Advertisement

1,041 players now fully paid up. Keep them going players. Only 150 odd seats left on general sale. Should be sold out completely by the end of this week.

Cheers all,
    Stephen.

Just want to put in one reminder to make sure that all Boardsies know that today is August 31st. If you haven't made your 250 VIP points for August you only have a few hours left to do so (in order to get the first 1,000 bonus chips).

www.boylepoker.com/ipo to check out the player list.

Cheers All,
    Stephen.

P.S. Over 1,050 now...Woo Hoo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Just bumping this for carfax.

Start of a new month and i've just clocked up my 250 points to give me the full qouta for the IPO...game on!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

1,041 players now fully paid up. Keep them going players. Only 150 odd seats left on general sale. Should be sold out completely by the end of this week.

Cheers all,
    Stephen.

Will you be adding on another 200 seats as soon as there are less than 100 seats left ? ? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Threw 50 quid in there, played 4 rio $20 sng's, double the money and now have 10k stack for IPO. Looking forward to it now

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That's the other thousand got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Reg'd myself this evening (at last). Got my bonus chips earned from August and on the case for September now. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

i thgt 100 more seats each day?

over 600 now for day 1b ?

just how many is going ...not that I care as more the merrier.......€€€€€€€ :)

Eyecatcher wrote: »
    i thgt 100 more seats each day?

over 600 now for day 1b ?

just how many is going ...not that I care as more the merrier.......€€€€€€€ :)

We're going to fit as many players as possible so long as comfort and space is maximised too (we have a whole extra conference room this year). I'm sure we will be able to tell you the exact capacity soon.

Cheers everyone for getting behind this so much.

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laminated

I opened my boyles acc yesterday and i have 156 points so far playing 10/20 cent for 4 hrs . Ive missed the 1k for august but never mind im sure i can get it off a frenchie in the 1st hand. Also just opened my boards acc. so Hi to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I know its posted already but can someone put up the steps to check your VIP points on Boyles again as I couldn't find the menu for it?
    Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭afex

its on page 32 of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

bantee wrote: »
    I know its posted already but can someone put up the steps to check your VIP points on Boyles again as I couldn't find the menu for it?
    Thanks in advance.

lol Here it is:rolleyes::rolleyes:

While i have a lot of internet poker behind me ,Ive only played once live in a pub tourney and i won it . Im sure i will probably need more practice in this enviroment. Can anyone reccomend any decent tourney's/clubs in the northeast region ie. louth/cavan /monaghan/border area. Ive looked into the place in dundalk but im told that it,s closed now. I dont mind where as i drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Well I got the extra 1k chips for September, but it fcuking cost me.

89708.jpg

Think this was my favourite hand, although there were a couple of other crackers in there too.
    No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($18.69)
    CO ($15.80)
    Button ($20.56)
    SB ($4.30)
    BB ($35.22)
    Hero (UTG) ($21.67)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kdiamond.gif, Kheart.gif
    Hero bets $0.60, 3 folds, SB raises $4.20 (All-In), BB calls $4.10, Hero raises $21.07 (All-In), BB calls $17.37

Flop: ($47.64) 7spade.gif, 2diamond.gif, Qdiamond.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($47.64) 8club.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($47.64) 5club.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $47.64

Results:
    SB had Jdiamond.gif, Jspade.gif (one pair, Jacks).
    BB had Qspade.gif, Qclub.gif (three of a kind, Queens).
    Hero had Kdiamond.gif, Kheart.gif (one pair, Kings).
    Outcome: BB won $45.26

My only hope now is that I run good in the tourney to make up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Maddogg

just wondering

if you earn 500 point in the month of sept do you get the 2 k?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Maddogg wrote: »
    just wondering

Nah, August's promo is done and dusted so the most you can make for Sept is 1k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Maddogg wrote: »
    just wondering

Nope, you'll only get to 9k now. More than enough for you tho ;)

Advertisement