Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 whatthehell

carfax wrote: »
    No alcohol permitted in either of the poker rooms (at the tables, in the aisles etc)....The full rule set is posted on www.boylepoker.com/ipo
    so tell me how do u intend stopping players bringing alcohol 2 the tables......best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

'no alcohol or you're not playing'. Job done.
    WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

so tell me how do u intend stopping players bringing alcohol 2 the tables......best of luck

I've been practising my judo chop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I've been practising my judo chop :)
    So what if it's me or sickpuppy:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

No alcohol permitted in either of the poker rooms (at the tables, in the aisles etc)....The full rule set is posted on www.boylepoker.com/ipo

:D No mention of the aisles etc. in Rule 39 :D

39 Alcohol
    No alcohol is allowed at the table. It remains the discretion of the TD to decide whether or not a playermay continue play in the event that a player is inebriated to the point that they are detrimental to theoverall good of the event. In such cases the TD’s decision is final and the person may be removed fromthe tournament without recompense.

The 2009 IPO Rules are at:

http://www.boylesports.com/sections/poker/images/_pdf/IPO_Rules_2009.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

bigbadpat wrote: »
    :D No mention of the aisles etc. in Rule 39 :D

39 Alcohol
    No alcohol is allowed at the table. It remains the discretion of the TD to decide whether or not a playermay continue play in the event that a player is inebriated to the point that they are detrimental to theoverall good of the event. In such cases the TD’s decision is final and the person may be removed fromthe tournament without recompense.

The 2009 IPO Rules are at:

http://www.boylesports.com/sections/poker/images/_pdf/IPO_Rules_2009.pdf

I can see this rule changing over night. Stephen never has alcohol within his events.

Do you want people p1s5ed in the aisles spilling drink over you when you are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

DAMO72 wrote: »
    So what if it's me or sickpuppy:eek::eek:

Pffft!!!

Then you'll have your work cut out to get pass me mister! ;) I won't accept any of that nonsense at my table... no cards for you sir, til you remove your drink from the room! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭kinghigh

Man when i get to the final table im gonna be like a dog chasing a tyre, when i win all that money im not going to know what to do it.:eek:
    1 month 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

big_iain wrote: »
    I can see this rule changing over night. Stephen never has alcohol within his events.

Do you want people p1s5ed in the aisles spilling drink over you when you are playing?

Did you not see the smilie?

Are you that frumpy? Lighten up ffs, whatever you may seem to believe you are not the poker police,sorry to burst your bubble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Did you not see the smilie?

Are you that frumpy? Lighten up ffs, whatever you may seem to believe you are not the poker police,sorry to burst your bubble.

No did not see the smile. I am that frumpy and the poker police costume will have to go back now. (and i had just shined the badge, damn)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

No did not see the smile. I am that frumpy and the poker police costume will have to go back now. (and i had just shined the badge, damn)

Iain,
    The reason for my post was actually to give the link for the IPO 2009 Rules as there was an incorrect link on the site that has since been corrected.

If the last part of Rule 15 is enforced then I can see a few people being caught out by it:

15 Electric Devices
    A player who wants to use a cellular phone/lap-top must step away from the table. If a player uses a cellular phone/lap-top that player’s hand is automatically dead. The management may request you to remove all transmission or receiving devices from your person. If your mobile phone rings while you are in a hand and you decide to answer it for any reason, your cards are considered dead.

Iain,
    The reason for my post was actually to give the link for the IPO 2009 Rules as there was an incorrect link on the site that has since been corrected.

If the last part of Rule 15 is enforced then I can see a few people being caught out by it:

15 Electric Devices
    A player who wants to use a cellular phone/lap-top must step away from the table. If a player uses a cellular phone/lap-top that player’s hand is automatically dead. The management may request you to remove all transmission or receiving devices from your person. If your mobile phone rings while you are in a hand and you decide to answer it for any reason, your cards are considered dead.

This is standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I dare you to wear that costume at the event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Unfortunately its looking like I wont be able to make it this year - new job across teh water taking up all my time, money and effort atm.

Best of luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ShadowBJ21

Does this include Twittering and/or Textmessaging?

dK1NG wrote: »
    Unfortunately its looking like I wont be able to make it this year - new job across teh water taking up all my time, money and effort atm.

Best of luck to all.

Glad to hear the tournament still means so much to you that you will let a thing like your career get in the way :D
    ShadowBJ21 wrote: »
    Does this include Twittering and/or Textmessaging?

Yes, once a phone/electronic device (exception for iPod/walkman) is in your hand your cards are dead.

The last two year's have seen a Boards poster win this tournament, could this be your year Shadow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yes, once a phone/electronic device (exception for iPod/walkman) is in your hand your cards are dead.

Deadly, thought I was gonna have to leave this bad boy at home. Would be lost without my Nick Kershaw tapes.

1564325101_9650c211b5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

zuutroy wrote: »

Deadly, thought I was gonna have to leave this bad boy at home. Would be lost without my Nick Kershaw tapes.

1564325101_9650c211b5.jpg

LOL

That always remind me of Niall 'the poet' Murphy whenever i played in Drogheda. Despite being worth a small fortune, he always brings his trusty walkman tapedeck when playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

can some1 from boyles please help me sort out my account so i can reg for this!!:eek:

super182 wrote: »
    can some1 from boyles please help me sort out my account so i can reg for this!!:eek:

You mean you haven't registered yet! :eek:

Ciaran_Corbett is the man to talk to...If you send him a PM (with you username and the reason you can't get into your account) or alternatively wait three minutes as I see he has just logged in on MSN :)

Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

super182 wrote: »

PM sent

PM sent

Damn, it only took you two minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Glad to hear the tournament still means so much to you that you will let a thing like your career get in the way :D

The joys of no longer being a full-time student eh.

I've barely played any poker since March, ironically the last time I played was to log onto Boyles to get the Aug points for the IPO. Unfortunately though it is looking increasingly unlikely I shall be present. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

did you know that a Vodka and 7up, looks exactly like 7up,,,,,:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    same with Vodka and Coke...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looking forward to this event....

please lord don't let me be slowrolled by a french player for the 3rd year in a row...

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Is there many seats left for this? I might try to reg this evening.

bantee wrote: »
    Is there many seats left for this? I might try to reg this evening.

You will be fine to register this evening....1,150 players registered at the moment :)

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joist

Jesus Christ, decided to get my 250 points the '4 Rio sngs' way, and managed to dodge cashing in all of them. Expensive 1,000 chips that was. :( There is some incredibly 'special' play in those things as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

smurph wrote: »
    please lord don't let me be slowrolled by a french player for the 3rd year in a row...

thanks

Don't worry Smurph, if I or someone else I know is at your table, I will tell them to slowroll you before frenchie gets to it :)

smurph wrote: »
    did you know that a Vodka and 7up, looks exactly like 7up,,,,,:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    same with Vodka and Coke...... :rolleyes:rolleyes:

How do you make vodka and coke look like 7up smurph? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Just regged for Day 1B. I didn't think you could still get in for the Saturday so thats sweet.

All the pros playing Saturday ya? :cool:

Looking forward to it already as it was a great game last year.

Advertisement