Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

P.M sent ciaran tanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

can anyone tell me when registration will be closed?. also is it 250 dollars or euro inc reg? thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

a-k-47 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me when registration will be closed?. also is it 250 dollars or euro inc reg? thanks.

$250 inc reg
    and when it is full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Peabob

I'm pretty glad about the no alcohol rule, although it's going to be murder for you guys. I'm tired of playing with drunks, not knowing it's on them to act etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

big_iain wrote: »
    $250 inc reg
    and when it is full

i know whens its full :) should clarify how many numbers max? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

big_iain wrote: »
    $250 inc reg
    and when it is full

:pac:poker police have figured out that no more entries will be taken when the tournament is full, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

day 1 b is full 600, day 1 a has 531 of 600 filled up, so be full fairly soon i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Peabob wrote: »
    I'm pretty glad about the no alcohol rule, although it's going to be murder for you guys. I'm tired of playing with drunks, not knowing it's on them to act etc.

Sheesh....and what aer yu tryng tooooo imply theer buddddy.........hic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Peabob wrote: »
    I think you need to get out of the house and stop playing with the family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

bantee wrote: »
    Sheesh....and what aer yu tryng tooooo imply theer buddddy.........hic :p

Lol :D

It's been very easy for us to run events in the past with the no alcohol rule.

Everyone respects the authorithai of a sign (over the door) saying "No Alcohol permitted in Poker Room"...:)

Stephen.

• Advertisement

Yee'll never find the hip flask in the inside pocket unless yee have guards with scanners. MWAH HA HA HA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 whatthehell

carfax wrote: »
    Lol :D

It's been very easy for us to run events in the past with the no alcohol rule.

Everyone respects the authorithai of a sign (over the door) saying "No Alcohol permitted in Poker Room"...:)

Stephen.
    so how u gonna figure out the diff between coke and vodka and coke......

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

betting patterns i would think :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Registered for day 1B last night without an issue, am i missing something as there were more than 600 runners already?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Registered for day 1B last night without an issue, am i missing something as there were more than 600 runners already?

No theres nothing wrong there. From time to time people are dropping out and their spaces become available

so how u gonna figure out the diff between coke and vodka and coke......

Do you really want to have a drink that bad? :rolleyes:
    Eyecatcher wrote: »
    betting patterns i would think :o

I can think of a better way to find out what the drink is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

No theres nothing wrong there. From time to time people are dropping out and their spaces become available

Fair enough thanks for the quick reply, does this mean im on a waiting list per say and should get my seat if enough drop out?

Fair enough thanks for the quick reply, does this mean im on a waiting list per say and should get my seat if enough drop out?

I'm interested to know too as on the lobby I'm showing as regged for Day 1B and I'm hoping not to be shunted on to Day 1A.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

No, once your registered you are guaremteed the seat in the starting day of your choice.

Day 1b can only be entered via satellite unless someone unregisters and frees up a space which you can then nab.

We wont be shunting people from day 1b to 1a or vice versa.

We wont be shunting people from day 1b to 1a or vice versa.

Sounds like fun, I want to do some shunting :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

Stephen, just reading, with considerable disappointment, that you're not running the Dublin 100 for the forseeable future. A real disappointment, even though I was not going to be able to play the next one again (yet another fcking wedding). This was the best tournament, in terms of structure, I've ever played.

I'm just wondering how the IPO structure will compare to it?

a147pro wrote: »
    Stephen, just reading, with considerable disappointment, that you're not running the Dublin 100 for the forseeable future. A real disappointment, even though I was not going to be able to play the next one again (yet another fcking wedding). This was the best tournament, in terms of structure, I've ever played.

I'm just wondering how the IPO structure will compare to it?

The Dublin 100 might well be back, but I just couldn't justify keeping the tournament going when it couldn't get enough runners and was costing the company money month after month.

On the IPO;
    Better structure, as its a 40 minute clock but we have antes this year so just depends on whether or not that suits your style.

http://www.pokerireland.ie/index.php/tournaments/tournament_entry/boyl/

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

The Dublin 100 might well be back, but I just couldn't justify keeping the tournament going when it couldn't get enough runners and was costing the company money month after month.

On the IPO;
    Better structure, as its a 40 minute clock but we have antes this year so just depends on whether or not that suits your style.

http://www.pokerireland.ie/index.php/tournaments/tournament_entry/boyl/

Cheers,
    Stephen.

First time i'd had a look at the structure just there, fair play Stephen, considering the buyin and the scale of the tournie that looks pretty good.

First time i'd had a look at the structure just there, fair play Stephen, considering the buyin and the scale of the tournie that looks pretty good.

Cheers Danny, it means a lot of hours of play on Day 1, but when you make it through you will either be in the money or very close to it.
    This means that Day 2 will be finished fairly early (depending on how the final table plays out). We are aiming to have it finished up by 10:30pm-11:00pm on Sunday 18th as we have a lot of plans with regards to media coverage etc

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Crapshoot imo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

have you got cardiac units standing by?

mine is pumping 2 beats a day faster in anticipation

by IPO time i will be speaking as if I have inhaled helium

wish i had a feking time machine and get there now .....gonna be wicked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 pfc12

Cheers Danny, it means a lot of hours of play on Day 1, but when you make it through you will either be in the money or very close to it.
    This means that Day 2 will be finished fairly early (depending on how the final table plays out). We are aiming to have it finished up by 10:30pm-11:00pm on Sunday 18th as we have a lot of plans with regards to media coverage etc

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    hi does this mean u will play down to a set amount of players on each start day or will play just be stopped at a set time each day? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Froet

Is it possible to buy in direct? I find a kinda silly to play qualifiers for such a low buy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Froet wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy in direct? I find a kinda silly to play qualifiers for such a low buy in.

Yes. You need to register on the Boylepoker site in the tournament lobby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Eyecatcher wrote: »
    have you got cardiac units standing by?

mine is pumping 2 beats a day faster in anticipation

by IPO time i will be speaking as if I have inhaled helium

wish i had a feking time machine and get there now .....gonna be wicked :D

Hope you are on my table. If you start talking in your helium voice I'll consider that an important tell.:pac:

Advertisement