Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

carfax wrote: »
    It's the exact same format as last year and there wasn't a single complaint.

Sorry but if its not broken we're not going to fix it. I know what you are suggesting but it means that its just a slightly different format, but it does play really well imho.

Stephen.

unfortunately it doesnt. played it last year and within 3 levels of rebuy it was push or fold mode already for most players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

unfortunately it doesnt. played it last year and within 3 levels of rebuy it was push or fold mode already for most players

True, its a very quick structure on the Friday and Saturday but the Sunday is massive value considering the buy-in. It all comes down to the time-frame involved as they are all one day events.

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Easiest way to do this is to post up links me thinks:

Boylepoker.com IPO 2009 - Side Event 1 - Friday 16th Oct at 6pm.
    http://www.pokerireland.ie/index.php/tournaments/tournament_entry/boylepokercom_ipo_2009_side_event_1/

Boylepoker.com IPO 2009 - Side Event 2 - Saturday 17th Oct at 6pm.
    http://www.pokerireland.ie/index.php/tournaments/tournament_entry/boylepokercom_ipo_2009_side_event_2/

Boylepoker.com IPO 2009 - Side Event 3 - Sunday 18th Oct at 1pm
    http://www.pokerireland.ie/index.php/tournaments/tournament_entry/boylepokercom_ipo_2009_side_event_3/

Boylepoker.com IPO 2009 - Side Event 4 - Sunday 18th Oct at 3pm (Round of Each Tournament)
    http://www.pokerireland.ie/index.php/tournaments/tournament_entry/boylepokercom_ipo_2009_side_event_4/

Boylepoker.com IPO 2009 - Side Event 5 - Sunday 18th Oct at 6pm (Pot Limit Omaha)
    http://www.pokerireland.ie/index.php/tournaments/tournament_entry/boylepokercom_ipo_2009_side_event_5/

I'm registered for day 1B but I'm heading up Friday,can I play the side event on Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mully_85

It's the exact same format as last year and there wasn't a single complaint.

Sorry but if its not broken we're not going to fix it. I know what you are suggesting but it means that its just a slightly different format, but it does play really well imho.

Stephen.

lol to be fair stephen there was a fair bit of moaning about the side events last year, they were very very crapshooty and not very deepstacked at any point.

i guess u will get that with side events thou, but im sure if u could get away with makin a lil deeper with a few tweaks ere n there.

but that a minor issue i think, the main event structure is awesome, just perfect, soooo looking forward to playin it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

hiscan wrote: »
    I'm registered for day 1B but I'm heading up Friday,can I play the side event on Friday?

Theres no problem playing the side event on Friday if you playing Day 1b.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

can we pre register for the side events and for sunday as i am doubtful my luck is in lol.

The side events last year were sold out hours before. I came all the way from longford for SE game and i was told i could join the list of 48 alternates.

Are there going to be more seats available or can we pay up front for these side events?

I also trust i will be able to get all of the results for the ranking side events?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

ukpoker wrote: »
    That's a very poor format Stephen.

It should be that the rebuy OR add-on should be BOTH 3k!

Don't you think?

The extra chips for the top-up over the rebuy is a standard in almost all the rebuys i've played.If you think about it for a little while you'll realise why.

big_iain wrote: »
    can we pre register for the side events and for sunday as i am doubtful my luck is in lol.
    The side events last year were sold out hours before. I came all the way from longford for SE game and i was told i could join the list of 48 alternates.
    Are there going to be more seats available or can we pay up front for these side events?
    I also trust i will be able to get all of the results for the ranking side events?

Hi Iain,

The registration desk will open at 12pm on Friday 16th October. From there you can register for any and all of the side events. If you are still in the main event, you can always un-register before the start of any of the events.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

The extra chips for the top-up over the rebuy is a standard in almost all the rebuys i've played.If you think about it for a little while you'll realise why.

and if u look at it better u see that both should be the same and not different really :rolleyes:

now if there was one rebuy and one top up fair but not if its one or the other then they should be the same :D

its not fair if u get your AA cracked and then have to lose 1k chips as well to rebuy then addon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ukpoker

corkie123 wrote: »
    and if u look at it better u see that both should be the same and not different really :rolleyes:

now if there was one rebuy and one top up fair but not if its one or the other then they should be the same :D

its not fair if u get your AA cracked and then have to lose 1k chips as well to rebuy then addon :rolleyes:

There is NO REBUY AND ADD-ON....its EITHER OR!

You lose tremendous value having to rebuy INSTEAD of having an ADD-ON!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Couple of quick questions:

1. Can I turn up on the day and pay cash for the ME?
    2. Will I get 8k or 10k chips if the answer to #1 is yes?
    3. Can I pay on the day for a side event whether or not I have a Boyles A/C?

Sorry but I can't be reading all 17 pages to find out!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Peabob

After what feels like forever grinding 10c/20c limit I have my 250 points for september :D:D:D

To the guy above me, you HAVE to register on the Boyle poker client for the main event. There are only abotu 60 seats left and they're all for the Friday.

1. Can I turn up on the day and pay cash for the ME? No you can only reg for the main event online
    2. Will I get 8k or 10k chips if the answer to #1 is yes? See above
    3. Can I pay on the day for a side event whether or not I have a Boyles A/C? Yes

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

corkie123 wrote: »

ukpoker wrote: »
    There is NO REBUY AND ADD-ON....its EITHER OR!

You lose tremendous value having to rebuy INSTEAD of having an ADD-ON!

Thats what corkie said...

But what Danny said is exactly how it is, and how it should be. Like he said, its the same in almost every similar tournament the length and breadth of the country.

1. Can I turn up on the day and pay cash for the ME?
    2. Will I get 8k or 10k chips if the answer to #1 is yes?
    3. Can I pay on the day for a side event whether or not I have a Boyles A/C?

Cheers

1. No you're screwed. Saturday sold out already and a handful of places left for Friday
    2. Even if you reg now, you need to accum 250 points on Boyles during Sept to get 9k chips
    3. I reckon you can, but there will probably be some signup bonus on the day. In fact, why not sign up now, get your extra 1k chips and play the bounty tournie next Tuesday on Boylepoker :)

:) 1,210 players signed up, almost there woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

I have a friend who is computer illiterate ( dont have one !!! ) but enjoys the odd game of pub poker and when chatting to him he says he would love to play an event like this.......Can he go to an internet cafe and open up a boyles account to get a 'name' registered and then can I pay him in or transfer funds to an 'inactive' account and he join himself..

I know it doesnt create more 'traffic' for boyles but its only a friendly game of poker ....aint it ???

well can I /we do this?

Eyecatcher wrote: »
    I have a friend who is computer illiterate ( dont have one !!! ) but enjoys the odd game of pub poker and when chatting to him he says he would love to play an event like this.......Can he go to an internet cafe and open up a boyles account to get a 'name' registered and then can I pay him in or transfer funds to an 'inactive' account and he join himself..

I know it doesnt create more 'traffic' for boyles but its only a friendly game of poker ....aint it ???

well can I /we do this?

This shouldnt be a problem.

Just get him a screen name and the funds and he will be able to register.

He can put the money in a shop or you can p2p the funds to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

cheers :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Froet

Is there a limitation on entrants?

Froet wrote: »
    Is there a limitation on entrants?

Yes, but its a surprise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

captb079cb8b68f547d78c584e3fc226b1a.jpg

?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Kimba

Do I know?

Kimba wrote: »
    Do I know?

Lol, you know I like to keep you guessing :)

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

there's a rumour going round that the number is 3000
    no wait, thats next year's number

its like guessing how many smarties in a jar, maybe its 1400, who knows ?

where will they all sit ? tables in the car park perhaps, that woukd be ok if the weather was good,

they did the final table of the WSOP in Freemont Street years back

imagine the press for Boyles if they played the final table in O'Connell Street

hope they have a TV table this year

DW

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RichardB2

Lol, you know I like to keep you guessing :)

Stephen.

lol - You're messin' with the wrong people Stephen.

Danielles system doesn't tolerate surprises .....
    in fact I'd be fairly sure it has a way of DEALING with the culprits. ;)

Only 1,220 players registered now, why have registrations slowed down so much???

Its only about 10/15 players per day registering now, are there no more players left out there?

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Kicking around the idea of going, but must figure out where to stay first.

Laxie wrote: »
    Kicking around the idea of going, but must figure out where to stay first.

Express Holiday Inn is probably the best value hotel (within ten/fifteen minutes walk or five mins on a Dublin bus which will drop you to and from very regularly).

Here's all the accom we could find in the area:
    Name Contact Number Email Address
    Regency Hotel 353 1 8373544 Swords Road, Whitehall, D.9
    Carlton Airport Hotel 018667500 4 Star Parkway Hse Old Airport rd Cloughran Co. Dublin
    Days Hotel Dublin Airport (01)8669500 3 Star - reservations@dayshoteldublinairport.ie Santry Cross Ballymun Rd Dublin 9
    Clarion Hotel Dublin Airport (01)8080500 4 Star Dublin Airport Co. Dublin
    Premier Inn Dublin Airport (01)8957777 3 Star Airside Retail Park Swords Co. Dublin Co. Dublin
    Clontarf Castle Hotel (01)8332321 4 Star Deluxe Castle Ave Clontarf 3 Co. Dublin
    Great Southern Hotel (01)8446000 4 Star Dublin Airport Co. Dublin
    Dublin Skylon Hotel 01 8843900 3 Star Drumcondra Road, D.9
    Radisson SAS Hotel Dublin Airport (01)8446000 4 Star Dublin Airport Co. Dublin
    Express Holiday Inn (01)8628866 3 Star - reservations@crowneplazadublin.ie Northwood Park Santry Demesne Santry Dublin 9
    Crowne Plaza Hotel (01)8628866 4 Star Northwood Park Santry Demesne Santry Dublin 9

B&B
    Timode House 018372277
    Ferryview House 018335893 www.ferryviewhouse.com 96/97 Clontarf Road, Clontarf, D.3
    Laverna 018375311 127 Griffith Avenue, Drumcondra, D.9
    Abberley House B&B 018309359 abberleyhouse@iol.ie 19 Upper Saint Columbas Road, Drumcondra, D.9
    Azalea Lodge 018370300 azalea.lodge@gmail.com 67 Upper Drumcondra Road, Dublin 9
    Griffith House Bed and Breakfast 018375030 info@griffithhouse.ie, www.griffithhouse.com 125 Griffith Avenue, Drumcondra, D.9
    Flyover Bed and Breakfast 018372632 info@flyoveronline.com, 223 swords road, Santry, D.9
    Airport Lodge B&B 018424848 info@airportlodge.ie, www.airportlodge.ie 322 Swords Road, Santry, D.9
    San Michele B&B Dublin 018510512 386 Collins Avenue, Whitehall, D.9
    Aisling House 018370300 ashlinghouse@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Only 1,220 players registered now, why have registrations slowed down so much???

Its only about 10/15 players per day registering now, are there no more players left out there?

Stephen.

From my point of view i'm not registering to play because I don't want to start the day with 20% less chips then most of the other players in the tournament. I understand why it was done, but because I was away for August I wasn't able to get the points in.

That could be one of the reasons why its slowing down.

Anyway best of luck with it i'm sure it will be an epic event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

mother of ****

i missed registration for tonight's sat by 30 seconds. ipoker don't have late registration even for 1 min??? goddamnit.

Advertisement