Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

shoutman wrote: »
    From my point of view i'm not registering to play because I don't want to start the day with 20% less chips then most of the other players in the tournament. I understand why it was done, but because I was away for August I wasn't able to get the points in.

That could be one of the reasons why its slowing down.

Anyway best of luck with it i'm sure it will be an epic event.

IF U REG THIS MONTH, U WOOD ONLY B DOWN 10%, PRESUMING U EARNED POINTS

sounds like u aint good enough to give the other players a head start on u, not very confident are u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

carfax wrote: »
    Only 1,220 players registered now, why have registrations slowed down so much???

Its only about 10/15 players per day registering now, are there no more players left out there?

Stephen.

i plan on registering, but like many it'll be more of a case of if i have 200 euro doing nothing come october, more so than trying to get reg'd just in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Only 1,220 players registered now, why have registrations slowed down so much???

Its only about 10/15 players per day registering now, are there no more players left out there?

Stephen.

If you register now, you have no way of achieving a 10k starting stack, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If you register now, you have no way of achieving a 10k starting stack, correct?

If you earned 250 vip points in August you would still be elligible for the 10k starting stack even if you only regged for the IPO today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

ditpoker wrote: »
    i plan on registering, but like many it'll be more of a case of if i have 200 euro doing nothing come october, more so than trying to get reg'd just in time.

Hi Jeff,

True enough and I'm sure that is a big reason why it has slowed down a bit, but there are only 27 seats left on sale now, for the Friday Day 1A (should be sold out in two or three days now either way).

Stephen.

• Advertisement

if i get organised in the next 24hrs i'll register, but i'm not happy about it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Hi Jeff,

True enough and I'm sure that is a big reason why it has slowed down a bit, but there are only 27 seats left on sale now, for the Friday Day 1A (should be sold out in two or three days now either way).

Stephen.

You must be crapping yourself that the last 27 seats won't sell Stephen.:pac:
    I'm really looking forward to this,it was fantastic fun last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

ditpoker wrote: »
    if i get organised in the next 24hrs i'll register, but i'm not happy about it! :p

didnt you work and help to run this event last year or maybe the year before and came on here asking people to register early etc?

Come on Jeff...

Ollieboy wrote: »
    didnt you work and help to run this event last year or maybe the year before and came on here asking people to register early etc?

Come on Jeff...

Exactly Ollie, come on Jeff :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭horsebox1

Hi Stephen,

Last year you had running list of how many registered European players and their countries, any update for this year?

Remember the 400+ frenchies...............:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭accomputers.ie

chowder, say it frenchie :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Ranking Point Heaven all weekend. 6 IPR events.

Good luck with this

horsebox1 wrote: »
    Hi Stephen,

Last year you had running list of how many registered European players and their countries, any update for this year?

Remember the 400+ frenchies...............:eek:

I'm sure we will be able to drum up a list with a rough outline. I know that there are a lot more Irish this year, but there will be over 400 French players too.
    big_iain wrote: »
    Ranking Point Heaven all weekend. 6 IPR events.

Good luck with this

Happy days Iain, delighted to hear it :)

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I'm sure we will be able to drum up a list with a rough outline. I know that there are a lot more Irish this year, but there will be over 400 French playe

Vive la resistance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I wonder will it be as irritating getting called by a frenchie chasing (and hitting on river) a gutshot straight draw for all his chips in real life as opposed to online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Jaysoose wrote: »
    I wonder will it be as irritating getting called by a frenchie chasing (and hitting on river) a gutshot straight draw for all his chips in real life as opposed to online.

believe me, it's much, much worse

(especially when they do a little fist-pump on the end as their mighty 84s connects with a middler)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

(especially when they do a little fist-pump on the end as their mighty 84s connects with a middler)
    Is that before or after the slowroll. Dirty French Fu kkers:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Sweet really looking forward to this now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joist

Ugghh, the French at poker sends shivers down my spine, bad experiences with them at cash last year. Not just bad, but run golden as well. Ok this was one bloke, but still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

DAMO72 wrote: »

My exit last year was spectacular. I push AK UTG for 10bb or so and its folded to Frenchie in the BB who dwells, stands up to look at my stack 'ow much you ave?'.....OK I call......flips AA obv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

hiscan wrote: »
    If you earned 250 vip points in August you would still be elligible for the 10k starting stack even if you only regged for the IPO today.

Thanks.

So would I be correct in saying that there is no way to achieve a full stack at this point if you haven't played on Boyle Poker during August?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Thanks.

So would I be correct in saying that there is no way to achieve a full stack at this point if you haven't played on Boyle Poker during August?

You would indeed be correct Lloyd. Having a 9k stack is still extremely playable and you would still have the either the same/more chips than about 50% of the field.

Its not too disimilar to missing the early bird chip in tournaments. With a good structure and a deep enough stack, you wouldn't be at much of a disadvantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭horsebox1

I was to your right starting last year Damo and enjoyed the look on the french fellas face only 20 minutes into the tourney when you put him all in on the turn and quoted to him.....you will need to check on line to see if you can get a cheap flight back to france if ya call me.... He dwelled for about a minute and folded with disgust....lol:p

Register now!!! last few seats available!!!

i fully advocate early registration for this. I know people missed out last year and, like stephen, had to deal with people making excuses for not reg'ing in the months leading up to it.

from my own point of view, i've played maybe 2 hands of poker since in over 2 months,live and online, i just dont have the itch for it at the moment. IF, i dont reg and decide to reg only after it is full (most like scenario) i wont complain, i'll just pony up for the omaha! besides, the main event will sell regardless, ste would probably prefer if i played the side events :p

Ollieboy wrote: »

Come on Jeff...
    Exactly Ollie, come on Jeff :p

horsebox1 wrote: »
    I was to your right starting last year Damo and enjoyed the look on the french fellas face only 20 minutes into the tourney when you put him all in on the turn and quoted to him.....you will need to check on line to see if you can get a cheap flight back to france if ya call me.... He dwelled for about a minute and folded with disgust....lol:p
    I also remember when i got moved tables i had position on 1 of the most aggro frenchies i have ever had the pleasure to play with . For the first 40 mins i couldnt get a chip in the pot until i started shoving over him blind , after doing this for 4 hands on the trot the poor fella didnt play a hand for nearly 2 hours and when he did eventually get his mojo back he walked his AK into my Aces ( Sweet ):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

I also remember when i got moved tables i had position on 1 of the most aggro frenchies i have ever had the pleasure to play with . For the first 40 mins i couldnt get a chip in the pot until i started shoving over him blind , after doing this for 4 hands on the trot the poor fella didnt play a hand for nearly 2 hours and when he did eventually get his mojo back he walked his AK into my Aces ( Sweet ):D:D

Lol. Nice one Damo.

I made the mistake of calling 1 of them in the deepstack in the red cow, he was going all in every hand coming to the end of day 1.
    KJ suited in the sb was enough for me to call and his monster 73 off hit on the river.

I was talking to a well known Irish player who said if you think the ones who travel are bad you should try playing in France. :eek:

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    I was talking to a well known French player who said if you think the ones who travel are bad you should try playing in Ireland. :eek:

This is how the above sentence would look on a French forum talking about one or two Irish players that I know :)

Cheers,
    Stephen.

This is how the above sentence would look on a French forum talking about one or two Irish players that I know :)

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    HEY , Carefull now , remember you gotta live here

1,245 players fully paid up now. Only 13 seats left for sale now for Day 1A.

Happy Stephen :).

• Advertisement

HEY , Carefull now , remember you gotta live here

I don't HAVE to live here do I? :)

Advertisement