Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Dear Mr. Spillane,

You don't know me(Hi, I’m Paul Spillane, you may remember me from such jobs as Boylepoker Manger and RTB fan club treasurer) because I am just a small time grinder.(Who isn’t Desmond?). I wish to place a minuscule wager(you’ve definitely come to the right place) on myself to reach the final table.. (Excellent)
    Due to incompetence(we’ve all been there Desmond) I was unable to obtain all the extra chips (TY for trying too though, overall what's your view on the idea?) and will only be starting with 9k. (I’ll have a look but I’d say there’s fair chance that will be average starting stack) I haven't won any money at card playing in many years (welcome to the poker world Desmond, never give up hope though) and business is so bad that sometimes I don't have enough money for petrol and have to push my own car home.
    (Desmond, I’m reading you’re a gambler and any man prepared to risk his petrol money in a pot has to be feared and respected, my own view is there’s no hand worth an empty tank)
    It is with this in mind that I begyou (The title gave that impression) you to give me fair odds, (I always look to be fair to both punter and bookie) , perhaps 600 or 700 to one to win the tournament.(If that’s your price I will most certainly offer it to you Desmond) I just want to see my humble name printed on your lovely website. (TY for the kind words and rest assured your name will be there in the morning Sir)
    Ask anyone here and they will confirm just how terrible I am at the pokahs. (with what evidence shall we agree upon?) Please look into your heart(I’m glad u realize I have one Desmond) and do what you know to be the right thing.(Marty decides that) If you can give me 800/1 (What happened to 600 or 700 to one Desmond?)I will gladly wear a boylepoker baseball cap.(Everyone will be provided with a free one, I would be honored if you wore it and respect your wishes should you wish to use it in a more unfashionable manner)

I am an old man, ( I Hear That) my powers are failing, look into your heart Paul and offer me, as the worst player in 1400, 800 to one. (I will offer you the fairest odds I can)
    bless you, (Bless you also Desmond)
    desmond. (Paul)[/quote]

btw what day are you playing? I will arrange for you to get a free 10 minute massage from Carolyne or Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 41 WayneD1982

I have a seat for Friday but got myself a new job so does anybody want to swap Friday for Sat.Any help much appreciated

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Price me up to for the craic Paul. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

before anyone or no one sticks a fiver on me i have to mention that there's a 10% chance i won't be able to make this years. thanks and sorry.

if i get the same price as dom the dominator i'm suing somebody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

all boards players 800-1 bar, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

as this was only post approx 760, how could one go back to 794?
    time warp or 5th dimension ? travel forward in time then go back to 794 ?

please clarify

derek
    i wanna have a bet, but dont see it

Hi Derek,
    Clarification: Brain fart or some form of number dyslexia.:rolleyes:

I meant post 735

P.S. Is that your car in Dave's place? I might feign interest in it to get a test drive.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Hi Paul,
    Sure as your going to price up old man Doc, you might as well put up a decent price on myself as well. (Ive nearly forgotten how to play!)

And while your at it, put up a price for my wife patricia. Shes a novice, but it would give her a thrill just to see her name priced up for something like that! (in fact, its giving her a thrill just to play in the event).

Thanks
    Connie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

a-k-47 wrote: »
    all boards players 800-1 bar, thanks :)

550-1 :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    Hi Derek,
    Clarification: Brain fart or some form of number dyslexia.:rolleyes:

I meant post 735

P.S. Is that your car in Dave's place? I might feign interest in it to get a test drive.:P

the car is on his site to give it some class, not really for sale at all, but then again the right offer could tempt me, you know how it is, everything has a price.

anytime you want a test drive, just ask, no need to feign interest in buying it, just take it for a spin,

later

dw

anytime y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

buggery,
    made the extra points i needed for the bonus chips in no time at all tonight. such a clown.
    thanks for the 550/1 paul but i don't feel like you are giving full sway to the expanse of my idiocy.
    i guess you don't want to set a precedence.
    i shall be placing my one euro bet just as soon as i hit the money in a freeroll.
    buggery, just missed the boylepoker freeroll. mother of god! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I am up now at 300/1 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

I am clearyly favorite to win.

I have €50 e/w for charity if i go off favorite

Clearly drunk when i wrote this....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

The last satellite will take place tonight @ 20:30

Its a $25+ $2.50 FO

I missed this due to a poxy work meeting that didn't end till 9pm (FML)

It says there are 65 seats remaining for satilites for the Friday and 12 remaining for the Saturday. How are these going to be given away?

Can you take places from someone who drops out or is there a waiting list?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Does anybody want to swap their Day1a, for 1b ??

I cant play Saturday...

PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭accomputers.ie

didn't wayne1982 from a couple of days ago want to swap vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

can i reg for day 1a or is it full?! it says max 700, and its at 630 now in lobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

i'll swap with you if you want, i'm regged for day 1a but would rather play on the saturday, let me know sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭aceswild

Dear Mr. Spillane,

You don't know me(Hi, I’m Paul Spillane, you may remember me from such jobs as Boylepoker Manger and RTB fan club treasurer) because I am just a small time grinder.(Who isn’t Desmond?). I wish to place a minuscule wager(you’ve definitely come to the right place) on myself to reach the final table.. (Excellent)
    Due to incompetence(we’ve all been there Desmond) I was unable to obtain all the extra chips (TY for trying too though, overall what's your view on the idea?) and will only be starting with 9k. (I’ll have a look but I’d say there’s fair chance that will be average starting stack) I haven't won any money at card playing in many years (welcome to the poker world Desmond, never give up hope though) and business is so bad that sometimes I don't have enough money for petrol and have to push my own car home.
    (Desmond, I’m reading you’re a gambler and any man prepared to risk his petrol money in a pot has to be feared and respected, my own view is there’s no hand worth an empty tank)
    It is with this in mind that I begyou (The title gave that impression) you to give me fair odds, (I always look to be fair to both punter and bookie) , perhaps 600 or 700 to one to win the tournament.(If that’s your price I will most certainly offer it to you Desmond) I just want to see my humble name printed on your lovely website. (TY for the kind words and rest assured your name will be there in the morning Sir)
    Ask anyone here and they will confirm just how terrible I am at the pokahs. (with what evidence shall we agree upon?) Please look into your heart(I’m glad u realize I have one Desmond) and do what you know to be the right thing.(Marty decides that) If you can give me 800/1 (What happened to 600 or 700 to one Desmond?)I will gladly wear a boylepoker baseball cap.(Everyone will be provided with a free one, I would be honored if you wore it and respect your wishes should you wish to use it in a more unfashionable manner)

I am an old man, ( I Hear That) my powers are failing, look into your heart Paul and offer me, as the worst player in 1400, 800 to one. (I will offer you the fairest odds I can)
    bless you, (Bless you also Desmond)
    desmond. (Paul)[/quote]

btw what day are you playing? I will arrange for you to get a free 10 minute massage from Carolyne or Maria
    hey pauly :D,
    seein as ur puttin strange old men in2 the betting will u put me in 2? i wasnt gna ask but nicky said every1 else is so i wna be 2 (how childish) and ill only want 150/1 :) plus this makes me look lik a decent player even if im nt...ooh best tell u who i am.its liz dat was on late night stars of poker. thanx paul:D p.s chelsea are amazing....just extra suckin up ya know urself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Boards last longest bet for the IPO

Thread is here!

Gogogo!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Paul is out of the office for the next few days so if anyone is looking for a price on themselves for the IPO over the next few days just post here or PM me.

• Advertisement

Paul is out of the office for the next few days so if anyone is looking for a price on themselves for the IPO over the next few days just post here or PM me.
    yo yo mo fo,wil u put me up in it.dnt gimme sum huge price!! in d middle sumwhere :) thanx munchkin..its liz by d way,did u watch d show lastnite?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

blainj2 wrote: »
    It says there are 65 seats remaining for satilites for the Friday and 12 remaining for the Saturday. How are these going to be given away?

Can you take places from someone who drops out or is there a waiting list?

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to still play this?

blainj2 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to still play this?

Seats will still come availible as people drop out. The best thing to do is to try and reg as often as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

aceswild wrote: »
    yo yo mo fo,wil u put me up in it.dnt gimme sum huge price!! in d middle sumwhere :) thanx munchkin..its liz by d way,did u watch d show lastnite?
    Aren't you the great Liz Mullay? Weren't you on that Late Night Stars of Poker show one time? On TV?
    etc.

niallk wrote: »
    Aren't you the great Liz Mullay? Weren't you on that Late Night Stars of Poker show one time? On TV?
    etc.
    rnt u the smart arse! and u cant spell either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭accomputers.ie

what happened to the love:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

connie147 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    Sure as your going to price up old man Doc, you might as well put up a decent price on myself as well. (Ive nearly forgotten how to play!)

And while your at it, put up a price for my wife patricia. Shes a novice, but it would give her a thrill just to see her name priced up for something like that! (in fact, its giving her a thrill just to play in the event).

Thanks
    Connie

Here Ciaran, stick up a couple of prices for me please. (be nice!)

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

hey pauly :D,
    seein as ur puttin strange old men in2 the betting will u put me in 2? i wasnt gna ask but nicky said every1 else is so i wna be 2 (how childish) and ill only want 150/1 :) plus this makes me look lik a decent player even if im nt...ooh best tell u who i am.its liz dat was on late night stars of poker. thanx paul:D p.s chelsea are amazing....just extra suckin up ya know urself lol
    rnt u the smart arse! and u cant spell either
    :):rolleyes:

connie147 wrote: »
    Here Ciaran, stick up a couple of prices for me please. (be nice!)

Connie

Connie O'Sullivan - 500/1
    Patricia O'Sullivan - 600/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Hi Ciaran, can i get a price please? (Paul Curran)

One other thing. I am swapping my Saturday slot for another boardsies Friday. He reckons you can swap us over so we wouldnt have to un'reg and reg again and risk missing out. Is that possible ?

thanks

Advertisement