Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Think his problem was paying £250 reg and then having to pay £6 for an egg sandwhich........understandable gripe IMO.

It was a tray of sandwiches just so theres no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Any chance of upping the chip amounts for the side events???

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

any web cam feed or TV coverage of this ?

Just wonder if I need to consult the Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott guide with regard to my barnet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Any sign of updates for the VIP points?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Eyecatcher wrote: »
    any web cam feed or TV coverage of this ?

Just wonder if I need to consult the Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott guide with regard to my barnet :)

Is there a worse haircut in professional poker?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

When are dead stacks removed from the table as i will be late down on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

When are dead stacks removed from the table as i will be late down on the Friday

Hi Fran,

You will need to text/ ring me on 0872424626 if you are going to be any later than 2pm (i.e. one hour after start-time).

Please include your table & seat number when texting.

Players; please do not text/ring the above number looking for a seat. There are no more seats available.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SligeachBoi

carfax wrote: »
    Hi Fran,

You will need to text/ ring me on 0872424626 if you are going to be any later than 2pm (i.e. one hour after start-time).

Please include your table & seat number when texting.

Players; please do not text/ring the above number looking for a seat. There are no more seats available.

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    Just out of interest Stephen are the table and seat numbers available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Any chance of upping the chip amounts for the side events???

Would say its doubtful at this stage.
    Just out of interest Stephen are the table and seat numbers available online?

Yes the seating draw will be up on site once reg has closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Maddogg

i thought reg is closed?

anyone unable to play this let me know as i am available to play now and will purchase there ticket/seat:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Yes the seating draw will be up on site once reg has closed.

Are you meaning an hour before kick off, or sometime in the next day or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Anyone unable to play let me know .... I have sat-sunday off potentially and would love a game .. Sure if not ill just donk away on the cash games ,

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Are you meaning an hour before kick off, or sometime in the next day or so?

Once the reg has closed off on the poker lobby I will be doing the seating draw.

Day 1a shuts Thursday @ 12pm
    Day 1b shuts Friday @ 12pm

Id hope to have it on the site a few hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Will there be Sit'n'go's available or just cash tables?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ShadowBJ21

@Ciaran or carfax,

will there be WLAN access at the tournament site or close to it?
    There might be some twitter addicts playing ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mully_85

i know its a bit of a long shot, but is there anyone looking to swap a Day 1A ticket (Friday) for a Day 1B ticket (Saturday.) If you want to swap contact me asap and I will arrange it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

connie147 wrote: »
    Hi Tony/Gillian,
    Is that a challenge? We'll be only too happy to take ye on. Add up the 2 finishing positions, and the lowest total wins? (or is there a better system)?
    Is there to be a little wager? (winnings to go to charity like Our ladys hospital for sick children?).

Connie

This sounds like a bit of craic . . . don't suppose Rob & I could enter a 'team'?
    He's not about to confirm it but I can't see him objecting.

ShadowBJ21 wrote: »
    @Ciaran or carfax,

Yes there is WIFI availible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

ShadowBJ21 wrote: »
    @Ciaran or carfax,

Whats your username and will put you on the front of Irishpokerrankings.com website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

This sounds like a bit of craic . . . don't suppose Rob & I could enter a 'team'?
    He's not about to confirm it but I can't see him objecting.

Well Gill/myself and Connie/Patrica have combined odds of 1100 to 1. Rob is 250/1 and you're 350/1. I think we all know who the winner would be there ha!

If i put Gill under any more pressure, we'll be having an early baby at the IPO!

Sure course you can join in. Record the points the same as above using blind levels. If Wes/Laura and Flipper/nicnicnic want to get in, the more the merrier :)

Wont be having a wager (just for fun) so we'll just do it for banter sake, or maybe Ciaran will price up the couples :D

• Advertisement

As much as i enjoyed the ME last year i did have the misfortune of playing a side event on the Sunday. Didn't realise the structure when i jumped in which is my own fault but it was basically all in or fold after a couple of levels. I understand why the side event is structured like this but i won't be playing this year if knocked out

Hi Ste,

The Friday & Saturday tournaments are a very fast structure so you must have played one of those last year. The Sunday tournament (this year and last) basically has a 10,000 starting stack which is great value for a one-day tournament (we expect about 500 runners for it this year) at a festival like this.

We can't increase the stacks for the side events (especially not at this stage) as we need to have the side events wrapped up around 2/3am, also anyone that enjoys a crap-shoot as much as me won't mind the fantastic structure for Side Event 1 & 2 on Friday & Saturday :)

Cheers All,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Hi Ste,

The Friday & Saturday tournaments are a very fast structure so you must have played one of those last year. The Sunday tournament (this year and last) basically has a 10,000 starting stack which is great value for a one-day tournament (we expect about 500 runners for it this year) at a festival like this.

We can't increase the stacks for the side events (especially not at this stage) as we need to have the side events wrapped up around 2/3am, also anyone that enjoys a crap-shoot as much as me won't mind the fantastic structure for Side Event 1 & 2 on Friday & Saturday :)

Cheers All,
    Stephen.

You're right, it was the Sat. If not final tabling the ME may check out the sunday tourn :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Well Gill/myself and Connie/Patrica have combined odds of 1100 to 1. Rob is 250/1 and you're 350/1. I think we all know who the winner would be there ha!

If i put Gill under any more pressure, we'll be having an early baby at the IPO!

Sure course you can join in. Record the points the same as above using blind levels. If Wes/Laura and Flipper/nicnicnic want to get in, the more the merrier :)

Wont be having a wager (just for fun) so we'll just do it for banter sake, or maybe Ciaran will price up the couples :D

Yeah, better keeping it less competitive, just for the banter. The more couples the merrier, should be a bit of craic if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

hi stephen can u confirm what time it is kicking off at on friday ty.baz hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ShadowBJ21

big_iain wrote: »
    Whats your username and will put you on the front of Irishpokerrankings.com website.

Thanks, email sent to Irishpokerrankings.com :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mully_85

Hi Ste,

Cheers All,
    Stephen.

oooooohhhh please tell us u can take the rebuy straight from the off then?? cos if u cant, then it def isint a 10k stack tourney!!!

baz2007 wrote: »
    hi stephen can u confirm what time it is kicking off at on friday ty.baz hand

1pm kick-off Baz. You will need to be in the Regency for 12:45pm at the very latest.
    mully_85 wrote: »
    oooooohhhh please tell us u can take the rebuy straight from the off then?? cos if u cant, then it def isint a 10k stack tourney!!!

You are like a dog with a bone Mully, lol....Ok, ok its a 4,000 starting stack tournament with 5,000 for an optional re-buy and 6,000 chips for the optional add-on (both of which you can only take if you lose all your chips or make it to the break).

You can't put a foot wrong around here, Jeez :)

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

thanks stephen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

pm sent ciaran about the iwf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

If a seat became available to us (Fri) in the next 24 hrs, what should we do? Freeroll? Irish based only? customers only? Not use it?

Advertisement