Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

bigbadpat wrote: »
    I am registered for day 1A and I have my 2K Bonus Chips.:D
    It is looking dodgy at the moment whether or not I can play this.:(
    Still hoping to play this but can I cancel on the morning that I am due to play or does it have to be some time earlier.

I a gutted :mad:
    I was really looking forward to playing this :(
    It looks like I will have to drop out within the next 24 Hours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

bigbadpat wrote: »
    I a gutted :mad:
    I was really looking forward to playing this :(
    It looks like I will have to drop out within the next 24 Hours :eek:
    Once the reg has closed off on the poker lobby I will be doing the seating draw.

Day 1a shuts Thursday @ 12pm
    Day 1b shuts Friday @ 12pm

Id hope to have it on the site a few hours later.

Get out before 12pm Thursday or you lose your rmoney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Well Gill/myself and Connie/Patrica have combined odds of 1100 to 1. Rob is 250/1 and you're 350/1. I think we all know who the winner would be there ha!

If i put Gill under any more pressure, we'll be having an early baby at the IPO!

Sure course you can join in. Record the points the same as above using blind levels. If Wes/Laura and Flipper/nicnicnic want to get in, the more the merrier :)

Wont be having a wager (just for fun) so we'll just do it for banter sake, or maybe Ciaran will price up the couples :D

I laughed out loud. WP tony.

No wager, but just for fun, I'll sponsor a double room for the winning boards couple at the Lakes of Killarney festival in January (Friday and Saturday night, B and B for 2 each night in the Dromhall hotel).

Competing entries so far are Tony/Gillian, Con/Pat/ Rob/Cat. Dont think I'll allow NicNicNic/Flipper. NicNic is a sponsored pro already!

Connie

PS: Competitors must register their interest in competing on this thread prior to playing in the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

If a seat became available to us (Fri) in the next 24 hrs, what should we do? Freeroll? Irish based only? customers only? Not use it?

FREEROLL for boards?!

connie147 wrote: »

No wager, but just for fun, I'll sponsor a double room for the winning boards couple at the Lakes of Killarney festival in January (Friday and Saturday night, B and B for 2 each night in the Dromhall hotel).

Competing entries so far are Tony/Gillian, Con/Pat/ Rob/Cat. Dont think I'll allow NicNicNic/Flipper. NicNic is a sponsored pro already!

Connie

PS: Competitors must register their interest in competing on this thread prior to playing in the event.

Hi Connie,

Fair play with the room, very generous offer and will be a good buzz competing as a Mr and Mrs in a tournie! Yeah i think we'll have to exclude Nicky and Flipper and leave it down to geniune couples ;-))

Game on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

pricks,

everyone knows Flipper cant make it this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

LOLOLOLOLOL

nicnicnic wrote: »
    pricks,

everyone knows Flipper cant make it this weekend

Valor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Right 96 hours to teach my wife to play poker, my only problem is every time I mention the 'P' word for the last 5 years she goes into total shutdown!!

Right 96 hours to teach my wife to play poker, my only problem is every time I mention the 'P' word for the last 5 years she goes into total shutdown!!

Gonna need to open a creche if we get many more couples playing ha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

your pushing it now you little fcuken Mexican

btw you better play well the weekend Tony, I've backed you at 600/1 and 450/1

nicnicnic wrote: »
    your pushing it now you little fcuken Mexican

btw you better play well the weekend Tony, I've backed you at 600/1 and 450/1

Sorry Nicky only pulling your leg! Was trying my best to get you involved because i know everyone else is terrified of getting into bets with you....i'm happy to take your money haha!

Well if you call winning the whole thing, playing well.....then hopefully you're onto a winner :-) I'll final table at least :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mully_85

You are like a dog with a bone Mully, lol....Ok, ok its a 4,000 starting stack tournament with 5,000 for an optional re-buy and 6,000 chips for the optional add-on (both of which you can only take if you lose all your chips or make it to the break).

You can't put a foot wrong around here, Jeez :)

Cheers,
    Stephen.[/quote]

lol sorry bout that chap, just i had hoped u changed it this year so u cud start with 10! and besides, im just a self confessed structure freak!:o o,

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bobbyg

If a seat became available to us (Fri) in the next 24 hrs, what should we do? Freeroll? Irish based only? customers only? Not use it?
    Just give it to me please, it's the fairest option becasue I asked first.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

I'd say you'd have to use it alright, I reckon a freeroll would be a nice touch, open to anyone, but only on the Boyles skin.

Just to make it extra sick, I think it should be a hyper-turbo or something, so it's practically like a lottery!

;) But then I made sure I got my ticket in time, so I can afford to have a sick idea here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

i AM LOOKING FOR A SWITCHEROO

i want to move from day 1 A Friday to day 1 B saturday

can someone tell me how do i switcheroo without losing my seat

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Connie

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Hi Connie,

Fair play with the room, very generous offer and will be a good buzz competing as a Mr and Mrs in a tournie! Yeah i think we'll have to exclude Nicky and Flipper and leave it down to geniune couples ;-))

Game on :D

Very generous indeed Connie! WP!
    I second Tony's request . . . Ciaran any chances of a few Mr & Mrs prices, just for the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

I would think a 'last chance freeroll'

Ticket only to winner with no cash alternative and only one prize....that i feel would ensure any who enter are actually wanting to win it /go to IPO and not have it wasted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

Eyecatcher wrote: »
    I would think a 'last chance freeroll'

Ticket only to winner with no cash alternative and only one prize....that i feel would ensure any who enter are actually wanting to win it /go to IPO and not have it wasted

I presume you have no seat :rolleyes:

I think you should keep the ticket yourself, buy a little robot thing that just keeps muttering out "LOL should have reg'd sooner" and just leave it at the table as a reminder to all those, that despite numerous warnings, didnt think this would sell out and left it til it was too late to try and reg ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Have a satelight the same as ye have been doin.
    Or else give it to me and I`ll play it and all winnings (should be heaps imo)can be donated to charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Lauralashes

Connie

Great gesture with the room Connie, unfortunately Wes is working this weekend so he wont be playing :( and I left it too late to get a ticket so unless I can manage to get my hands on one before Friday then I wont be playing either.... but best of luck to ye!! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

i AM LOOKING FOR A SWITCHEROO

i want to move from day 1 A Friday to day 1 B saturday

can someone tell me how do i switcheroo without losing my seat

Derek

YOU SHOULD HAVE BOOKED YOUR SEAT ON THAT DAY MONTHS AGO. THE SMART CATS HAD THEIRS BOOKED, IF YOU DIDNT THEN YOU ARE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO MISS OUT. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH NOTICE AND IF YOU PICKED THE WRONG DAY THATS TOUGH.

/end clamper impression

^^^ LOL almost perfect Dom....you just needed some spaces and a sig and it was spot on :-)

YOU SHOULD HAVE BOOKED YOUR SEAT ON THAT DAY MONTHS AGO.

THE SMART CATS HAD THEIRS BOOKED, IF YOU DIDNT THEN YOU ARE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO MISS OUT.

IT'S NOT LIKE YOU DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH NOTICE AND IF YOU PICKED THE WRONG DAY THATS TOUGH.

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NicoSanty

Does anyone know what the story is with parking over the weekend? Can u just show up and park in any of the hotel spaces or do u need a special pass or sumtin like dat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

i'll be parking outside the front door at 12.59 on Friday, keep the engine running and back on the road home at 13.02

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

carfax wrote: »
    Parking is free for all poker players throughout the weekend of the IPO. However, best advice is to arrive as early as possible as there are only 450/500 spaces available in the hotel grounds.

If the car park is full up I would advise parking at Whitehall Church, about five minutes walk away (head outbound from Regency Hotel for exactly 700mtrs). Parking is also free at Whitehall Chruch as it is a park & ride facility.

Cheers All,
    Stephen.

Do you know if the car park is height restricted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

If a seat became available maybe you could donate it to a charity and get some1 from boyles to play and represent that charity. You could donate any winnings or a % of it to them , you could also put a small bounty on said persons head in the event that they get knocked so the charity would still recieve something.
    Just a thought Paul:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

DAMO72 wrote: »
    If a seat became available maybe you could donate it to a charity and get some1 from boyles to play and represent that charity. You could donate any winnings or a % of it to them , you could also put a small bounty on said persons head in the event that they get knocked so the charity would still recieve something.
    Just a thought Paul:)

After speaking to the team this morning it appears it would to difficult to set up a freeroll (time restraints) so something like this idea works well, pondering still
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Maddogg

i'll play for a charity if needed! :cool:
    as i stated before i am looking for a ticket as im available this weekend (and before i get abuse for not reg earlier, i only found out this week that im available this weekend) i'll be doing nothing else but playing cash or side games
    sooooo
    im just thowing my name in the hat!:D

Advertisement