Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Hot-Rod

Excellant run tournament last year, played day 1a last year played for 8 hours only for some french muppet who was hitting everything called my pocket rockets with 63, and gets lucky. The dutch boy beside was going to floor him after he started to laugh:D, he had won a massive hand against him 3 hands before i busted out, when he called 3 all in before him, aj v jj v kk (dutch man hand) and the french muppet calls with 10 8 off and hits a straight!!! :eek:

Poor standard of poker in general, any decent player should be able to last for fair distance. The craic is mighty and the cash games are good fun. Definitly worth a visit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

We are going to have use of the other room so there will be a lot more space around the tables this year.

good stuff, should be a great tournament then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

lee_arama wrote: »
    Ah this'll be deadly. Was fairly cramped, and quite 'close' last year.

Must see about registering in the coming weeks. And rooting out the address of the B&B I used last year too; great place, and right around the corner from the venue too.

It will be sold out in the coming weeks :)

Defo gonna be a lot more comfortable and better organised this year for players and staff :)

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How many French are coming over?

RasTa wrote: »

400 is my guesstimate....Last year landed on a French Bank Holiday, which was a big part of the reason we got so many Frenchies.

Also; players need to be aware of the new rule regarding languages. This is the International Poker Open so all languages are allowed to be spoken at the table, except while cards are out. English only at the table during each hand.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

time to start brushing up on our irish so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

RasTa wrote: »

Anyone else remember the big quasimodo's dad dude last year?

I was just in front of/behind him in the cash claiming queue* (depending on whether it's a beat to have got knocked out before him or racist/sizeist to say the selfish big fecker scared stomped his way to the front).

All credit the guy from Boyle's for asking if he wanted to tip the dealers :D

Cue major rant and foot stomping reminiscent of the 1st hulk movie.

(the dealers were mostly great fwiw)

* minor brag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Grafter wrote: »
    Anyone else remember the big quasimodo's dad dude last year?

I was just in front of/behind him in the cash claiming queue* (depending on whether it's a beat to have got knocked out before him or racist/sizeist to say the selfish big fecker scared stomped his way to the front).

All credit the guy from Boyle's for asking if he wanted to tip the dealers :D

Cue major rant and foot stomping reminiscent of the 1st hulk movie.

(the dealers were mostly great fwiw)

* minor brag

ya, was behind him in the que for the bar and he was giving out to the bar staff for taking too long to serve him. Needless to say he got served fairly quickly after that. Scary man!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

Won the $2 re-buy tourney on Boyles tonight for $176 but more importantly a seat in the IPO in October that was added in as part of their marketing campaign.:)

Fair play to Boyles, leading the way again for player benefits.

Fridays deepstack will have $1000 package added too.

Won the $2 re-buy tourney on Boyles tonight for $176 but more importantly a seat in the IPO in October that was added in as part of their marketing campaign.:)

Nice One!

Watch out for that Ciaran fella ringing you at daft O'clock in the morning when no real poker player'd be answering the phone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

any idea what the side events will be this year? will probably influence my starting day choice a teeeeeny tiiiny bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Really looking forward.

Fair play to Stephen and Boyle for putting this on again, the margins on an event like this must be small many others wouldn't be arsed to orgainise it.

Not to mention the $25,000 !!!

ditpoker wrote: »
    any idea what the side events will be this year? will probably influence my starting day choice a teeeeeny tiiiny bit.

Hi Jeff, to be confirmed but we're looking at a €50 (with one re-buy or add-on) NLH side event on Day 1A and Day 1B. On the Sunday there will be a €50 (with one re-buy or add-on) NLH event, Round of Each Double Chance Freezeout and the last side event will be a PLO Double Chance Freezeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Well played, finished 6th in this after AA < 88 all in pre and being left with a few blinds after that and shoving the remainder in on most hands. Was only playing for the IPO ticket! Were you Bantheglasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

Yep, donked my way to victory in the end.

I was there for the ticket also. I actually thought it was $1000 until late on. I'll take the ticket though.:)

carfax wrote: »
    Hi Jeff, to be confirmed but we're looking at a €50 (with one re-buy or add-on) NLH side event on Day 1A and Day 1B. On the Sunday there will be a €50 (with one re-buy or add-on) NLH event, Round of Each Double Chance Freezeout and the last side event will be a PLO Double Chance Freezeout.

Ladies event?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Grafter wrote: »
    Ladies event?

Think these are a joke tbh, why not just have a tournie for people with brown hair only aswell, why does being a female plyer in any way impact on your abilities as a player? If there were a poker tournament that was exclusively for men their would be an outrage cant see how these events are any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Scouser in Dub

Hey this is really good stuff Stephen,

Can I assume that you will be taking cash for all the side events and what buyin for the RoE DC and PLO DC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Think these are a joke tbh, why not just have a tournie for people with brown hair only aswell, why does being a female plyer in any way impact on your abilities as a player? If there were a poker tournament that was exclusively for men their would be an outrage cant see how these events are any different.

I was going to post 'Men's Event?' alright!!

They are a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭horsebox1

Roll out the frenchies........:eek:

Please please please register early to avoid disappointment. Our International marketting campaign is going to kick off properly early next week too so it will really take off from there.

Cheers,
    Stephen.[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Have d online qualifiers started for this? looks great tourney, defo playing this year.
    GL with this lads

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Whyno wrote: »
    Have d online qualifiers started for this? looks great tourney, defo playing this year.
    GL with this lads

Boylepoker have a launch festival running at the minute. There has been a ticket added to each of the nightly tournaments. It will run for another 2 nights and we should hopefully have a decision made on satts towards the end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Also; players need to be aware of the new rule regarding languages. This is the International Poker Open so all languages are allowed to be spoken at the table, except while cards are out. English only at the table during each hand.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Is that not what the rule always was?? Anytime i've been at a table with a couple of foreigners, they always talk while not in a hand, so i dont see what rule has been changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joist

Is the guy mentioned a couple of pages back from last year-

Was he quite a big French guy with grey frizzy yet short hair, and liked big headphones? Seemd to fit the description being a bit of a moody sod but also seemed quite a legend.

I played Day 1B and before the tourney started there was enough demand for a cash game to be started about midday or so, and he was first to sit down. (I was second :D ) Once the table filled we had about a 40-50 strong audience, and suddenly I'm raising up the 53s for the crowd :cool: :)

Really can't wait for this year again.

Did anyone have the displeasure of playing with Ian Frazer last year? What an arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

id like to reg for this but never played on boyle before n dey want me t verify my age but i cant !!!:confused::eek::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ShadowBJ21

Just scan your ID (or make a photo of it) and send it to them via email. After just a few hours your age will be confirmed and you can proceed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Just registered for day 1B, really looking forward to this and there are 65 runners already registered for this day alone. Im smurftrader on boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

I am from up north but was down in clifden area for a week and saw this advertised in boylesports window...well as i went last year and had a great weekend i spent the hols spoiling wife and being sooo good...didnt even go to a pub !!!!!

On way home I casually mentioned the weekend in Dublin

No prob...job sorted

Day 1b registered and sort hotel tomorrow

good luck to the orginisers and will be nice to see Ciaran again all dressed up and being nice to all :-)

Just one suggestion ...well two

Can we have more space between tables if possible?

As games go on till early hrs can we have a dedicated bar for poker players which stays open late ( save all the scams to get to residents lounge :-) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Flushed

I am looking foward to this, however the 2k chips bonus idea is ridiculous. No other live event in the world would make up this stupid idea so it clearly must be the wildcats in boyles head office.

Greedy bastards.

Advertisement