Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options
1424344454648»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

nando9 wrote: »
    He then rivers A to double up and stay in
    - but the lucky boy lacked a bit of class here

sometimes the lucky player will beat the better player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

doke wrote: »
    One of the most entertaining sights in Irish poker is that of Rob railing Cat (which happens a lot these days as he never seems to outlast her). Last night was as close as I've seen anyone ever come to being in several different places simultaneously telling different people the latest update.

Wd to Cat, about time she caught some breaks in the closing stages.

Great effort by all the Boyle crew. The "no drinks till it's done" showed commitment above and beyond the call of duty.

in all fairness to rob he did cash last week in two touries 1 final table in the italian poker tour . now they must have been bad over there for him to cash twice .but as u said what rob made in one weekend the next weekend Cat doubles it in 1 tourie :D:D:D

ps congrats to both of them on there good results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Just a word on the winner and one hand in particular he got very lucky middle/late of day 2.....

His button raise was called by sb and he declares all in out of turn on smelly flop 63****e. The small blind then states it was his action and states ok im all in covering button/winner. Button then tries to back track but the dealer immediately says no your allin stands "on there backs".

sb shows qq button shows a10 he says i have runnin clubs runnin str or A

He then rivers A to double up and stay in
    - but the lucky boy lacked a bit of class here

So what? Pff imo. Well done and congrats to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Westbury

Well done to all , and especially congratulation to top 10 , great result Cat well done !

Larry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

mocata wrote: »
    Was hoping for a big clash between BCB and muldoon on the 1/2 omaha table. After Muldoon talked that english bloke into calling his top set he shut up shop for the evening.

i think we know each others games too well to play a big pot unless its a super cooler - he tried hard though.

Flop 774 and he c/c my flop bet or 40, turn J check check, River 2 he bet 60 and I tank call.

I have 4678 and he has JJxx - dirty swine 2 outered me on the turn and couldnt get me to spark up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Well done to all the organisers and everyone in the money after it. Extra special well done to Cat. You played a blinder Chicka!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

He wud have been seething inside not to get more loot out of you i bet, fair play :) The guy sitting on other side of table from you got a bit of a rogering. One guy misread his hand and called off all his chips with top pair (which was good) then another guy called his all-in with heavy action on a 492 rainbow flop. The caller had JJAx, and runner runner clubs duly arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nando9

So what???

So its OK to bet out of turn on purpose tryin to steal a pot, then when ur caught by the balls spoofing with a muck hand its then OK to try and squirm out of it and get a ruling...........

A big fat PFF right back at ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭aceswild

he got poxed lucky all night,my bf was at the final table with him n he raises under the gun,my bf reshoves and he calls,my bf has AQ he has AJ , K 10 rag on the flop and he hits the Q on the river for a straight,you'd win the world series with that kind of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Just want to say a massive thanks to everyone involved (the list of people is really too long to say)...A massive thanks has to go to Lisa Condon, who led the whole IPO project fantastically on behalf Boylepoker.com...

Obviously every TD and dealer that worked over the weekend was outstanding, as always.

There are points to improve on for next time, so we will take on board every single comment on here to help improve the overall experience.

Cheers All,
    Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

carfax wrote: »
    Just want to say a massive thanks to everyone involved (the list of people is really too long to say)...A massive thanks has to go to Lisa Condon, who led the whole IPO project fantastically on behalf Boylepoker.com...

Obviously every TD and dealer that worked over the weekend was outstanding, as always.

There are points to improve on for next time, so we will take on board every single comment on here to help improve the overall experience.

Cheers All,
    Stephen.

Great weekend Stephen. Well done.
    Are results of the side events going to be posted up anywhere?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    Great weekend Stephen. Well done.
    Are results of the side events going to be posted up anywhere?
    Cheers.

I will get them typed up over the next day or so. The lads have pics of the winners I think.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

A huge thank you required to all involved in the IPO, it was a super tourney which ran like clockwork. Stephen from Poker Ireland was clearly well organised as it showed & paid off divedends. The Boyle Team of Paul, Lisa, Ciaran, Padraig etc were very supportive & top notch as always. The TDs were on the money with John, Toby, Oscar, JP, Richard etc on hand whenever required. The dealing standard was second to none as expected, with special thanks to Kasia who I managed to bump into in the toilets repeatedly. She always had words of encouragement for me which I appreciated greatly. There are too many people & I'm sure I'm bound to have left someone out, but everyone involved with that event should be proud of themselves as the atmosphere & level of professionalism was superb.

It would appear I had supporters everywhere following the live stream, should it have been folk on boards, people from work, or those that were railing the event live, thanks loads for all the well wishes and congratulatory messages via text, on facebook & the Boyles blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭JamieCarra

So what???

So its OK to bet out of turn on purpose tryin to steal a pot, then when ur caught by the balls spoofing with a muck hand its then OK to try and squirm out of it and get a ruling...........

A big fat PFF right back at ye

Are you 100% sure his out of turn action was deliberate? In many places an out of turn bet won't stand once the action changes so if he wasn't sure of the rules here he has every right to query it.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

carfax wrote: »
    I will get them typed up over the next day or so. The lads have pics of the winners I think.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

It's ok Stephen, they are up on the Hendon Mob database.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

http://www.tg4.tv/ Tuesday at 00.15 (so actually Wens morning) there is a 30 minute documentary on the IPO being shown. Just a small highlights package really, watched it today and bought back very pleasant memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nando9

http://www.tg4.tv/ Tuesday at 00.15 (so actually Wens morning) there is a 30 minute documentary on the IPO being shown. Just a small highlights package really, watched it today and bought back very pleasant memories.

its GAA Beo on my sky plus??

Advertisement