Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoylePoker.com International Poker Open 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

skippy15 wrote: »
    is that all? in that case makes massive sense and dont feel like being robbed! cause if your paying 250+25 reg (275) for 8k chips, €28 euro for 2k chips is super value- just think of it as extra reg and play it! good spot!

Well thats providing that you get some return on the €280 in tournament fees or else its an expensive extra €28 reg!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Bumpage; sorry, but just have to keep this page to the top of the first page....Can someone please have a proper rant about something to do with the tournament just to create a bit of publicity :)...

Just so you know, I am on the road all this week promoting the IPO. If I call into your local poker club with flyers in hand please tell everyone at the table that I am a sound bloke (that's a half truth) and that they should definitely register this week, or at least before we sell out :)...

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Rant rant rant. Hows that stephen? Ship the IPO entrance to my usual account, cheers.

Am lloking forward to this, and by how the registrations are going i better get myself in gear to reg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭pokerkingsni

Can you just show up and pay on the day?

11 pages in...bout time really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Can you just show up and pay on the day?

11 pages in...bout time really.

I don't have a Boyles account, a credit card, a laser card, an internet connection, a computer or indeed any initiative whatsoever...

I presume you can solve all my problems regarding this tournament? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

skippy15 wrote: »
    is that all? in that case makes massive sense and dont feel like being robbed! cause if your paying 250+25 reg (275) for 8k chips, €28 euro for 2k chips is super value- just think of it as extra reg and play it! good spot!

I think i calculated it right anyway thats going on a new boyles customer not having moved up vip levels.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I missed this last year as I was in Liverpool for a match,this year I will be in Newcastle for the Sunderland V Liverpool game on 17th October.If I register for day 1 A am I guaranteed thats day...?and what time do you think play will finish at on day 1 A,I don't want to be going to the airport with fcuk all sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Dub13 wrote: »
    I missed this last year as I was in Liverpool for a match,this year I will be in Newcastle for the Sunderland V Liverpool game on 17th October.If I register for day 1 A am I guaranteed thats day...?and what time do you think play will finish at on day 1 A,I don't want to be going to the airport with fcuk all sleep.

If you reg for day 1a then that will be your starting day.

Play is set to go on until 02.40 am on both starting days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If you reg for day 1a then that will be your starting day.

Play is set to go on until 02.40 am on both starting days.

Thanks,I will have a think about it.Half 2 is a bit late seems as my flight out is at 06:30 but I would be out by 15:00 going by my luck lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭siucra1

carfax wrote: »
    Bumpage; sorry, but just have to keep this page to the top of the first page....Can someone please have a proper rant about something to do with the tournament just to create a bit of publicity :)...

CAN GIRLS PLAY IN THE MAIN EVENT THIS YEAR,or will there be a side event for girls only like last year.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Heh, just as well there'll be no Ladies Only side event as it's in contravention of European (and hence Irish) Law.

I love wheeling that baby out at events like this.

Hoping for a nice touch this weekend so I can register and NOT have to resort to Yellow Pack bread and beans for the week hahaha.

(last nights The Poker Show event was the 1st one I've not scooped a bounty/prize/bonus from so living -ev for the week anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eyecatcher

siucra1 wrote: »

CAN GIRLS PLAY IN THE MAIN EVENT THIS YEAR,or will there be a side event for girls only like last year.:mad:

loads of ladies entered main event last year....some were actually quite good :p:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

lee_arama wrote: »
    Heh, just as well there'll be no Ladies Only side event as it's in contravention of European (and hence Irish) Law.

Really?

That'll come as a shock to the organisers of Wimbledon, golf tournaments, athletics etc.

We have IPO satellites starting on Monday.

Details can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Goin to reg this week for this .. Ciaran or Paul can u drop me a bell when u can .

Thanks

Neill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

how many reg;d so far?

170 as of a few seconds ago....

We have IPO satellites starting on Monday.

Details can be found here

I see these are for tickets only...will there be any packages with accommodation etc on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

The sattelite dates are pretty horrible for me personally at the moment with gaa. I have a few questions.

Is there a certain cut off when sattelites will be stopped regards the event filling up?

Is there a certain date where you wont be able to unregister from the event?

Eyecatcher wrote: »
    I see these are for tickets only...will there be any packages with accommodation etc on offer?

There will more than likely be promos running where we give away VIP packages, but at this stage we dont have plans to run package satellites.

• Advertisement

tipp86 wrote: »
    The sattelite dates are pretty horrible for me personally at the moment with gaa. I have a few questions.

Is there a certain cut off when sattelites will be stopped regards the event filling up?

Is there a certain date where you wont be able to unregister from the event?

The sattelites will run until the event fills up and then the will stop. Unfortunatly we are limited with numbers.

You will be able to unregister up until 12:00pm, day before it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

cant believe all d complainin bout the bonus chips that was done its such a good tournament in terms of value for money ur not gonna get a better prizepool for a $250 tourney surely tats motivation enuf t earn a few points online :D:D just hope my accounts sorted in time to reg lol

super182 wrote: »
    cant believe all d complainin bout the bonus chips that was done its such a good tournament in terms of value for money ur not gonna get a better prizepool for a $250 tourney surely tats motivation enuf t earn a few points online :D:D just hope my accounts sorted in time to reg lol

Agreed, especially since everyone who happens to be on Boards probably has a Boyle account, and uses it too. Not to mention that the 500 points needed to get the extra chips could be gotten via MTT's, being effectively $17 in reg fees (did I see someone claiming $280 recently? You get 3 x Points of the buy in cost, well at least I do anyway).

As soon as I've finished winning the monies I'll set about reg'ing. Though might try sat in for the sake of it.

CC: Will there likely be similar events to last year, like the Marty Satellites etc? I was robbed in the Omaha one, holding AAA, and the Ace flush draw etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hi All,

I did a little promo for the IPO on Irish Poker Radio with Iain Cheyne and Nicky O'Donnell... ... The guys did a really good interview with me (I mean really good in the sense that they asked really good and surprising questions, I hope I answered them ok)...

Cheers,
    Stephen.

am just about to listen to it :)

Hi All,

I did a little promo for the IPO on Irish Poker Radio with Iain Cheyne and Nicky O'Donnell... ... The guys did a really good interview with me (I mean really good in the sense that they asked really good and surprising questions, I hope I answered them ok)...

Cheers,
    Stephen.

you did well stephen.......good show

btw can you ensure the technology is a bit better this year, last year some monitors were not updating

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

also, if you could let me finish 7 places higher this year, just 7, i'd be happy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭LTL

Is there any accurate guess you could put on this one filling up? Im not home for another 3 weeks and really want to play but can't reg yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

zuroph wrote: »
    also, if you could let me finish 7 places higher this year, just 7, i'd be happy. :(

I'd settle for 2. 101 last year was so sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Grafter wrote: »
    I'd settle for 2. 101 last year was so sick.
    ick. i was 142 i think, 7 off the bubble. :(

Advertisement