Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remove greasy fingerprints from lens

• 06-07-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭

Whats the best way to remove greasy finger prints of a digital camera lens?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Lens cloth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

yes --- lens cloth .. lint free ... and maybe get a cheap filter to protect the lens !!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭C Eng

Whats the best shop to get one. Would DID, Argos or Harvey Norman stock them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I'd recommend a packet of those individually wrapped lens cloth that are damp (alcohol or something?)... great for removing grease.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

chezzer wrote: »
    ... and maybe get a cheap filter to protect the lens !!

+1 to Lens Cloth.

I would get a good quality UV Filter, if you can get one cheap then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i got lens cloths (dry) from mymemory.co.uk, nice and cheap to have in the bag. Filters can be gotten on ebay for next to nothing, I used this guy http://stores.shop.ebay.ie/petitephoto__W0QQ_armrsZ1 as he sent a replacement when something never arrived and product (cpl) seemed solid quality. expect to pay about a tenner for a filter of some form or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I've just ordered one of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

if you wear glasses you could use the one in your glasses case

and the spray you get for cleaning your glasses is great for cleaning the lens too

Advertisement