Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 vs. 100 to launch in the UK this Friday

• 06-07-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

1 vs. 100 is an Xbox 360 exclusive based on the quiz show of the same name. Players are selected to be The One, a member of The Mob or part of The Crowd, and can compete against other Xbox Live players to win prizes.

The game will be free to download and play, and live matches will take place at specially scheduled times. You'll get the chance to win Microsoft Points and Xbox Live Arcade games, if you're lucky.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/1-vs-100-to-launch-in-the-uk-this-friday

would ireland be included in this and if it is i can't wait

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oh i hope so!

I actually enjoy the TV show, not normally a quiz show fan but this is a really interesting game.

And FREE! Brilliant stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nice! i hope it's over here too, been looking forward to this for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

From Aceybongos twitter: "1 vs 100 coming to Xbox LIVE in the UK and ROI on July 10, France and Germany on July 12... more details coming soon. "

Weblink for info: http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/1vs100

Free to play with real prizes? How can you lose eh? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

By answering the questions incorrectly.
    Though that was obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

SeantheMan wrote: »
    By answering the questions incorrectly.
    Though that was obvious

Cheeky git! :p

• Advertisement

I've played the US version of this on Live a couple of times. You had to have a US a/c to get in, or you had to get invited while it was in play. It's really good and surprisingly difficult sometimes (all the questions are sent in by members of XBL).

Can't wait for this version now, as there were usually 13,000+ people playing, so your chances of getting in the mob, let alone being the one are pretty slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Played the US beta also. Really good and some very tough questions. Very US orientated questions obviously so at least we will get questions more suited to this part of the world. Been looking forward to this for a while. Should be a right laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Can't wait to give this a bash. Hope there's not alot of football or cricket questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

There's only one game at a time? That's a bit crap, thought it'd vary with how many people were on.

Still though, I'll definitely be giving it a go. :)

amacachi wrote: »
    There's only one game at a time? That's a bit crap, thought it'd vary with how many people were on.

I think alot of people play. There's the 1, the mob (100) then the crowd, everyone else. The people in the crowd who do well have a higher chance of being picked to be the 1 or 100 next game, that's how the guys on the Joystiq podcast said it worked.

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    I think alot of people play. There's the 1, the mob (100) then the crowd, everyone else. The people in the crowd who do well have a higher chance of being picked to be the 1 or 100 next game, that's how the guys on the Joystiq podcast said it worked.

Well that at least improves in somewhat. Was silly of me to expect MS to have loads of games going on at the same time when it's gonna cost them money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

amacachi wrote: »

Kind of awkward for the live commenter that pops in to be doing multiple games at once.

Kind of awkward for the live commenter that pops in to be doing multiple games at once.

Don't really see the need for a live commentator, but that's just me.

Its a live event so its kinda necessary for someone to host it. Someone has to keep the 1, mob and crowd informed as to whats going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Really interested on how this works, what happens if the 1 drops out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Do you have to be a gold member to play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looking forward to seeing how this works..

mika27 wrote: »
    Do you have to be a gold member to play?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Looking forward to this. Could be good fun for a Friday and Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

if this is true im not goin clubbing then.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you have a few people at home, can they both play at the same time (e.g. two people on the one XBox)? That would be awesome to say the least ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If you have a few people at home, can they both play at the same time (e.g. two people on the one XBox)? That would be awesome to say the least ...

Id say on 2 gold accounts, failing that I wouldnt think so!

You can have someone play as a guest on the same console, they can't win anything though. Also, you can send friend invites to people outside of the region the game is assigned for, but they too can't win any prizes.

All the rules are here.. http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/live/1vs100/game_rules.htm

creggy wrote: »
    Really interested on how this works, what happens if the 1 drops out?

When i played the US beta, this happened on one of the games.

The normal run of things is that for every 10 of the 100 that get knocked out, you move up a prize level (1000msp up to a max of 10,000). When it gets to the latter satges, the 1 gets an option of playing on and risk getting knocked out or of taking the money (msp) and running.

If they do get knocked out, the prize money they are currently on is split between the remaining mob members (whoever is left of the 100).

When the 1 disconnected in the game i was in, it was the same as them getting knocked out. The remaining 40 odd mob left got something like 70msp each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Can't wait for this! Sounds great! Never watched the show or anything, but sounds like good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

I'm not really familiar with the concept of the game. To those who have already played the US version, what (if anything) stops someone having a laptop with google open beside them to google the answers?

Time. You have only a few seconds to answer and the faster you answer correctly the more points you get. You wouldnt even have time to enter something in Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone have any idea what you actually do come the 10th of july, do you just stay online and get an update or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

C-B-G wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what you actually do come the 10th of july, do you just stay online and get an update or what?

id say its like an arcade game and u just download it but its only a guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hopefully, I have 2 GOLD accounts on my xbox, so will sign both in trying to get on this tomorrow evening.

Advertisement