Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 vs. 100 to launch in the UK this Friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I thought he was Irish because of the jersey.

If hes American hes not the first Ive seen as the One. Dunno how they think they can win prizes with a US box. More arguments to the scam conspiracy theory. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

bucks73 wrote: »
    I thought he was Irish because of the jersey.

If hes American hes not the first Ive seen as the One. Dunno how they think they can win prizes with a US box. More arguments to the scam conspiracy theory. :D

AFAIK hes american because people on the xbox.com forums played with him and they know hes not irish and he was banned because people who played with him asked him to change his privacy settings so he doesent take up mob spaces but they got annoyed he wouldent change them so they reported him.Then he created 2 more so he could win.Apparantley when dr pibbles or whatever was the one the live host was like "wow the first irish player of the night"...lol

Its not a scam i dont think..he just has a lot of time on his hands.Also did anyone notice that at least 4 people with defensive in their gamertag have been the one? they dont even have a have gamerscore! something is definitely going on there...

Was reading up on Pibbles and the Defensive tags on the Xbox forums. Even the host commented on how many Defensive tags were on and when he tried to contact Defensiveplease after getting knocked out she was showing as offline straight away.

Of course theres something going on when US gamers can get on to be the One or the Mob even though if they win anything they wont be able to use it on their US tags. MS should have a better method of stopping this than just asking people to turn their privacy settings to On.

The numbers are falling each week for a reason...people are getting pissed off. They can see the lowor zero gamerscores, US gamertags, people in the Mob more than once and feel that it is rigged or people are cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah the amount of multiple accounts floating around is getting very annoying not to mention the fact they can't even use their prizes they keep us from winning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

How on earth do you actually get connected to this game? I only have a Download option which always gives me an error saying it can't complete the download and to try again later. Doing so never helps.

I've never seen a "Play" option anywhere and as a result I've never actually been able to play or download 1 vs 100 so there's no crappy download sitting on the HDD messing things up.

• Advertisement

Whenever I play I go to Spotlight channel and across to 1vs100 and press A. Then bring up the list of shows and for the one you want to play press A to bring up the details and the options in there are either press A to Play Now or Schedule Reminder if its a future game.

This brings you to the next screen where you can see what looks like a queue outside a building, then press Start and it brings you inside to the lobby where you press A to join the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Not really much of a gamer, I tend to get bored with everything after a few hours. Really enjoying 1vs100 however!

Managed to get up to #8 in the top ten last night (Sunday) with 1,700 playing. Addictive as hell. The live game is great but I can only hear the host now and then, which makes the whole thing slightly pointless.

Can you influence the people you're bundled to play with in any way? Sometimes I'm playing in a group of four (fun) and sometimes alone (not).

Wonder if Microsoft have any other similar games in the pipeline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Unfortunately I don't get a "Play" option, either before or during the Game. Before the game starts it gives me a Reminder and Tell a Friend option. The reminder just gives me a pop-up before it starts but doesn't do anything else and the Download button just doesn't work. It says it can't complete the download and to try again later but this has been going on for a week now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

This has become quite addictive - even Mrs. F who doesn't play games on the XBox at all gets stuck in (asking ... Is that quiz on again tonight? :)).

The extended play is good for a laugh locally, because you get to see how good you are against each other. (Apart from the Pan Euro / Superhard ones which are pure guesswork for the most part).

The Live show is good craic - although I only hear the host every now and again. I just thought that it was my settings or something and looked around everywhere - sometimes he's there, sometimes not. Even during the same play session.

I managed to get in the mob once as well - it added an extra little buzz to the game. Me and the missus worked together on the answers. The one got knocked out early enough, but I still won 160 MS Points for my troubles.

Hopefully it keeps going for a good while.

This has become quite addictive

Tell me about it. On extended play for a bit last night.

Do you ever do that thing where you're trying so hard to answer fast (with other players on screen) that you press the wrong button even though you know the answer. Last night I answered that OJ Simpson was a character in The Simpsons! And then you can't undo it, only skip it if you have a skip. Very annoying.

Also, about 20 mins into a 30 min game, when I was the leader in my group of four, all of a sudden all three opponents disappeared and I was left on my own. Not as much fun if you're not playing against others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

How do you play this? I can't find a link to this anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can't find it either, its missing from market place since the dashboard update today.

Can't find it either, its missing from market place since the dashboard update today.

It's in spotlight, as far as I recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

eightyfish wrote: »

Not anymore, its completely gone ever since I updated today, ah well.

Still there for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Still there for me too,It's great played last night on the live with my sister as a guest and a freind from PGR4 was great fun,Definetly going on again tonight :D

If anyone want's to follow me in(those that can't find it) my GT is LooniestCanine

Tell me about it. On extended play for a bit last night.

Do you ever do that thing where you're trying so hard to answer fast (with other players on screen) that you press the wrong button even though you know the answer. Last night I answered that OJ Simpson was a character in The Simpsons! And then you can't undo it, only skip it if you have a skip. Very annoying.

Also, about 20 mins into a 30 min game, when I was the leader in my group of four, all of a sudden all three opponents disappeared and I was left on my own. Not as much fun if you're not playing against others.

Yes!!!That's the most annoying this,The answer to a question was Laos(where a UK prisoner was recently released from as she was pregnant) I though the answer would be Asia(as it was around there somewhere) and watched America then Laos and instantly selected the last,Just to notice it was Australia!If I thought about it I would of got it!Damn competitiveness!

Unlucky The Batman IRL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Unlucky The Batman IRL!

Ya, that was my first time in the mob, questions were hard i thought. Got the Peter Andre one wrong....that loser is giving seminars now!!! I really should read more tabloids to know that kind of crap.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I played last night too, I was also top of my four until they all quit (some got some questions quite stunningly wrong lol). We should have a Boards party soon :)

I havent been picked for the mob yet, I think I'd enjoy that! I keep contesting to get into the top 10 list of the crowd but they seem to all be robots because they all get the questions right (ok, I can do that) but they must have crazy fast responses because I usually hit around 150-170 on the timers and I havent been on the top 10 list yet at all!! :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

By any chance is your gamertag eightyfish too? because I think I was in a show with you today lol

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

By the way, people saying they have to have high scores or get lots of questions right to get into the mob havent thought of something:

The first question usually is fairly simple and it STILL gets a bunch of The Mob out. Now if the mob was made up of only top players, there is no way that so many would get the first question wrong (not to mention the fact that they regularly get easy questions wrong throughout the game).

I can only presume that they draw from all types of players (why would they choose only from players with a particular track record).

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Agree entirely DeVore. It's doesn't seem logical that a mob selected based solely on speed & accuracy could lose 15-20 members on an easy opening question.

If the real criteria was 20% each for speed/accuracy/total high score/total games played/chance, that's grand - but this nonsense of it being purely derived from "answer quickly, correctly, and play often to increase your chances" is tosh.

For this to continue beyond beta, I'd want some form of visual representation of what I have to do to get in, e.g. a meter to fill, or some depiction of ranking. Perhaps get a "eligible for mob" ticker then get in randomly at some point (as there would clearly be more eligible players than vacant 100 slots).

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, and good fun to play with the wife or drop-by visitors (being able to use a guest account is fair play from MS) - I'd just like a bit of transparency in the selection process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, its a bit strange how the mob is selected, like a rarely play it, and i get a lot of questions stupidly wrong (mis button presses and trying to answer too fast) and I got in the mob last night.

As mentioned a few pages back too, its sickening seeing all these 0 - 25 Gamersores getting selected as the one....for all we know too, the mob is made up of these players too, clearing using duplicate accounts each week.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Ya, that was my first time in the mob, questions were hard i thought. Got the Peter Andre one wrong....that loser is giving seminars now!!! I really should read more tabloids to know that kind of crap.

Only 4 more nights for me to get in the Mob :pac:

I was playing lastnight with My sister as a guest CKWPORT(The Batman IRL) and someone called CurryManiac

It's always good when there is a group of you,You get much more competitive and usually end up answering the question wrong just cause you get the instant time,Even if you know the question :pac:

Also,I'd love to see this come back again very soon,If you think about it this way,If swine flu gets worse(winter months approaching flu numbers rise etc etc),Things like this will get alot more people playing,I know I'd rather play 1v100 against thousands than be watching tv :pac:

By any chance is your gamertag eightyfish too? because I think I was in a show with you today lol

Yes!
    What's your gamertag?
    DeVore wrote: »
    We should have a Boards party soon :)

+1+1+1!
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    Only 4 more nights for me to get in the Mob :pac:

Do you have to play a certain number of nights to be eligible?

Yes!
    What's your gamertag?

+1+1+1!

Do you have to play a certain number of nights to be eligible?

In Short No,It seems to be based on luck,Speed and correct answers but I could be wrong,I had around 400,000 and The Batman IRL had about 50% of that and he got in the mob :pac:

I'll be playing tonight from 6:30 to warm up :D

When I was thinking of my point up above, another thought occured to me that I didnt explain.

If the Mob were all good players, they would be almost impossible to beat or to get anywhere against. The one would consistently be getting crappy prizes and the "tension" wouldnt be there.

If the mob are chosen randomly, it would leave far too much to luck.

The criteria for getting to be in the Mob or the One seem very hard to define so my thinking is that its a case of selecting from tranches of player-types.

ie: 20 from the "morons" group. 20 from the "not too bad", 20 from the "average" 20 from the "good" tranche and 20 from the uber tranche.

This makes it likely the One will get up the ladder a good bit but also hits a decent resistance as they burn off the crapper players.

So, my guess is that there is some sort of "banding" of players and they select from that.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Got into the mob for the second time ever there tonight but didn't win anything this time though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Got into the mob for the second time ever there tonight but didn't win anything this time though :(

jeez how do ya get in. I've 500 entries and no joy.

Advertisement