Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 vs. 100 to launch in the UK this Friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

speedfreak wrote: »
    jeez how do ya get in. I've 500 entries and no joy.

The sweepstake entries are nothing to do with getting into the mob or being the one, they're for the draw that's going to take place at the end of Beta for prizes afaik.

And both times I've got into the mob have been after a week of not playing at all, then I came on, played two or three good rounds and then I was chosen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Got in the mob for the first time tonight. Didn't even notice at first - the pace & regular breaks mean that you can safely read a paper while playing. Was doing my usual answer-as-fast-as-possible until the other half pointed out that I wasn't next to her in the crowd! Won a little too - was in a mob of 39 at the end, got an Arcade game & 80 points for my troubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

This is quite reassuring! I presumed you'd have to spend the entire week answering every question correctly to be in with a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Well that theory is definitely out the window. Two of the Ones again last night had profiles only showing a games history starting on August 20th and 21st. Both won nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Theonly time I have been in the mob was also when I hadn't played in a week and had two really good rounds. Seems to havesomething to do with your percentages for the night (maybe) ... Won 160 points and an arcade game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

How long is this set to run for? I would actually buy or get my 360 shipped for this! How sad! But it looks like SO much fun!

Will it be permenant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah it's definitely going to be permanent anyway. The beta period will end but the game itself is not going anywhere.

How long is this set to run for? I would actually buy or get my 360 shipped for this! How sad! But it looks like SO much fun!

Will it be permenant?

Beta will be over at the end of Summer I think, not sure what the story is on a full game, there will be one I'd imagine, I just don't know how they're running it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

There doing like a season pass or something. It will never run all year long, probably every summer or something and they'll probably end up charging for it anyway

Last live show with prizes is on tonight and extended play will run another two weeks according to the host last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

bucks73 wrote: »
    Last live show with prizes is on tonight and extended play will run another two weeks according to the host last night.

awwh I was actually starting to put effort in again :( whats the point in putting two weeks of extended plays without a live show? i mean the point of them is to improve your chances of being in the mob

On another note third time being in the mob!! But I still havent won anything because the one failed early twice and the other I slipped up on that vauxhaul question :( does anyone know when the next season starts?

Just seen a Tweet from 1vs100 UK Twitter:

Thanks for joining us! The final live episodes of the UK/ROI #1vs100 beta season are next weekend, Friday and Saturday evening!

So two more chances to get into the Mob or be the One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

bucks73 wrote: »
    Just seen a Tweet from 1vs100 UK Twitter:

Thanks for joining us! The final live episodes of the UK/ROI #1vs100 beta season are next weekend, Friday and Saturday evening!

So two more chances to get into the Mob or be the One.

Thought there was another week,They're yet to give away the fiat 500 :pac:

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Thought there was another week,They're yet to give away the fiat 500 :pac:

Yeah giving that away next weekend, not that anyone will win it, nobody has knocked out all the mob yet at all, closest I seen was a girl who got to 1 vs. 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Yeah giving that away next weekend, not that anyone will win it, nobody has knocked out all the mob yet at all, closest I seen was a girl who got to 1 vs. 3

I've seen a 1 vs 1. The 1 lost and the 1 remaining mob member just got a game and 800 points IIRC, they should have got the top prize.

If they charge for this will many people pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

rizzla wrote: »
    I've seen a 1 vs 1. The 1 lost and the 1 remaining mob member just got a game and 800 points IIRC, they should have got the top prize.

If they charge for this will many people pay?

Depending on the price possibly,TBH it should really just be free if you're a live subscriber...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i wouldn't pay for it as i'm already paying for a subscription and i can't see them charging for it, they'll just use in game advertisement

I was the one but i f****d up on the question about the frizbee! I knew in was A or B but i wasent taking a guess so i used a help...which was wrong :( im sad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

so you've managed to be in the Mob 3 times and been the 1 as well. Is there something I'm not doing right to not get picked for anything?

djkeogh wrote: »
    so you've managed to be in the Mob 3 times and been the 1 as well. Is there something I'm not doing right to not get picked for anything?

Sorry your wrong...I have been in the mob 4 times and tonight I will say will be my fifth.

From my experience I played alot of extended plays that week and I wasent doing the speed bonus thing like most others or cheating the system.

Heres what my stats would be usually (estimates) my speed would be at its highest point a the end of a game about 1+ and at its lowest about 2-3+. My overall accuracy would range between 50% to 75% (occasionly less than 50% and on rare occasion more than 75%) and my lifetime accuracy is about 61%

But I have to add that YES I extended the hand of faith a bit by playing the american version once or twice :o (no it wasent malicious to try be the one I was shocked when I seen the screen myself - I almost died!) But in the end I dident win anything but it was fun being the one even if i dident win anything.

• Advertisement

Well im not bragging but I got in again :o at least I won something this time!

Anyone catch the bit yesterday where the one had 3 or 4 left? Missed the last question, as did everyone in the mob! Incredibly unlucky, so close to winning a Fiat 500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Well im not bragging but I got in again :o at least I won something this time!

ah come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Mikey23 wrote: »
    Anyone catch the bit yesterday where the one had 3 or 4 left? Missed the last question, as did everyone in the mob! Incredibly unlucky, so close to winning a Fiat 500.

There were 2 left in the mob. The question was who played Vampira in Ed Wood (and some other character in some other movie). The One said Patricia Arquette. She was in the movie, as was Sarah Jessica Parker (another option), but the answer was Lisa Marie Presley. I didn't actually know that, but I knew it wasn't either of the other two so I got it right. :)

No prize for me though since I've only ever been in the crowd. Awww.

I wonder when it's coming back proper?

I know I wouldn't pay money for it, but it could be a reason for me renewing my Gold subscription when the time comes.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    ah come on!

well after the one failing to early three times when I was in the mob and losing out on a cricket question (not to mention being knocked out by the crowd when I was the one) the least I deserved was poker smash and 160 points :/ yes I know people haven't been in the mob and I do sympathize but the stupid selection process is beyond me.

There were 2 left in the mob. The question was who played Vampira in Ed Wood (and some other character in some other movie). The One said Patricia Arquette. She was in the movie, as was Sarah Jessica Parker (another option), but the answer was Lisa Marie Presley. I didn't actually know that, but I knew it wasn't either of the other two so I got it right. :)

Different Lisa Marie. Used to be Tim Burton's muse before Helena Bonham Carter. The other role was Lady Crane in Sleepy Hollow. Mind you, if I was the one I'd have instinctively gone for HBC if she'd some up before copping on that these flicks were earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yea have to say the selection system seems a bit skewed. Surely a purely random system would work better and give everyone a chance. Like you can only be the 1 once and in the mob once in a game night!

djkeogh wrote: »
    yea have to say the selection system seems a bit skewed. Surely a purely random system would work better and give everyone a chance. Like you can only be the 1 once and in the mob once in a game night!

Well yes you CAN only be the one once and in the mob once a game :P but there's a prize limit of winning three times I think - but you can still get in.
    I'm not sure about a random selection process because accumalting scores in extended play would be pointless and say if young kids were to be in the mob or the one - they would get knocked out easier than someone who is picked on how well they did because they were chosen randomly not based on skill. The selection process is still a but flawed though because people with 0 gamerscore have been the one and I doubt the first game they would play is 1 v 100 so they can sway their favor somehow...

How do you find it on the dashboard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How do you find it on the dashboard?

Curious about that myself. Can't find any answers anywhere on the net. Would like to see how it works. There's something scheduled tomorrow at 8pm AFAIK

Advertisement