Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 vs. 100 to launch in the UK this Friday

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

either that or its random and you have a 99/75,000 chance of being in the mob.

Ha left and up DOES make ya spaz out, great craic!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

been playing for nearly 2 hours and still haven't got a chance to be in the mob yet :(

Is any1 else attracted to the blondie presenter?

Im shamed i know....

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

xp90 wrote: »
    either that or its random and you have a 99/75,000 chance of being in the mob.

It's random as far as I can tell. I was on in the second round. Thinking to myself, "This is great". Then (as I've done so often) out on a stupid question. the one about the first female Red Arrow. D'uh. Astronaut. What was I thinking?

So roughly a 0.00132 chance then? Balls. But when I started the game it said something like loading Ireland channel, but I assume we're sharing with the uk? Have u got commentry?

• Advertisement

i've got no commentary anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm almost sure it goes by how ya do in the crowd, thought it said so on the XBox website.

Tough question about the chinese city, I'm great at guessing though. :pac:

me neither, heard a few lines about an hour ago, that was all, i think the presenter took a phone call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

aw, it ended early?

Said it was over.

I might cry :(

• Advertisement

Suppose there's worse ways to spend an evening, beats suicide like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Alot of fun. There's alot of extended play things in the primetime channel now. Says on the xbox website doing well in them will increase the odds of getting into the mob or being the 1 during the live shows.

Explain? whens the next one? live i mean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Tomorrow at the same time, no prizes, next week is prizes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Enjoyed that, I'll be playing again anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good fun.. doubt anyone here was in the mob - most probably just assumed they were when they could play along. There's a difference between "the mob" (100 people) and "the crowd" (everyone else).

Did anyone else choose "Jeremy Beetle" instead of Jeremy Beadle? Goddamn speed answer..! :D

Got 108,000 of a lifetime score in the end.. was very good fun but was playing with a few thickos (3 of them didn't know Citizen Kane's last word.. fair enough but they also thought Ulrika Johnson was in 1971's 'Get Carter' alongside Michael Caine! :D). Probably got 2 - 3 wrong in the whole game.. was mostly very easy to be honest.

I thought when that the 'Xbox Live Arcade Game' with varying points appeared at the end of each round, I was winning something. Balls to it! :(

PS - thanks for the invite miju but was mid-game and didn't know what'd happen if I accepted your invite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Good laugh will play next time its on. I couldn't heard any live commentary though anyone else have this problem.
    Jeremy Beetle got me too :D

DingDong wrote: »
    Good laugh will play next time its on. I couldn't heard any live commentary though anyone else have this problem.
    Got live commentary at the start of the time and once mid-way through reading brief e-mails.

It appeared with the red graphic 'On-Air' in the bottom left when the commentary was on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Didnt hear any commentary, could be a network (strict, open etc etc ) setting thing.

Curse you "beetle", got me too :(

There seems to be 4 games lined up for Monday - Thursday next week, just mess games and no prizes going but could be fun. Thursday is "Football Fanatics" so will give that one a wide berth.

basquille wrote: »
    Good fun.. doubt anyone here was in the mob - most probably just assumed they were when they could play along. There's a difference between "the mob" (100 people) and "the crowd" (everyone else).

Did anyone else choose "Jeremy Beetle" instead of Jeremy Beadle? Goddamn speed answer..! :D

Got 108,000 of a lifetime score in the end.. was very good fun but was playing with a few thickos (3 of them didn't know Citizen Kane's last word.. fair enough but they also thought Ulrika Johnson was in 1971's 'Get Carter' alongside Michael Caine! :D). Probably got 2 - 3 wrong in the whole game.. was mostly very easy to be honest.

99% sure I was in the mob in the third or fourth round.

Yup, Jeremy Bettle here. :P

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Thursday is "Football Fanatics" so will give that one a wide berth.
    Agreed.

I thought Aston Villa played at the Emirates station.. as I assumed Arsenal still played at Highbury! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I had my two nephews playing in the same game and none of us managed to get into mob. kinda glad as I thought it was real prizes I would of been pissed if I won something only to find out I got nothing. i was a little trigger happy at times too only to spot the correct answer after I click.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Did anyone else choose "Jeremy Beetle" instead of Jeremy Beadle? Goddamn speed answer..!

Heheh, that got me too, I made sure I took my time with the John Cleese/Sneeze question though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Good fun. I missed the start, so I didn't hear any commentary at all. Thought I read the prizes were starting on the 10th. A few people went off with 5000 points - that's RRP of €60 isn't it?

Agreed.

I thought Aston Villa played at the Emirates station.. as I assumed Arsenal still played at Highbury! :(

I'll be there!:D
    Thursdays? I thought it was only on once a week?

amacachi wrote: »
    Thursdays? I thought it was only on once a week?
    Doesn't appear to be.. probably no live commentary though (not that'll it make a difference).

As someone said, there was a Football Fanatics game.. and spotted a Superhard game too.

PS - thanks for the invite miju but was mid-game and didn't know what'd happen if I accepted your invite.

nay a bother :) for future reference though your score in the middle of a round resets to zero as one of the people i invited found out after having been in the top 10 :o:o:o:o:o:o
    A few people went off with 5000 points - that's RRP of €60 isn't it?

yep give or take it's about €60. suprised alot more of the people who were the one didnt use their helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Yep it's on for 30 minutes on week days and then 2 hours "Extended Play" edition on the weekends.
    Next week from Monday it's:
    Superhard Edition
    Boys VS Girls
    Community submitted Questions
    Football

Anyone mind supporting me in this thread?? I loved the game but that was my one grip with it! I would love more Irish questions as opposed to the majority UK-centric questions...

EDIT: Also, no prizes are being won this week. The real prizes start next week

EDIT 2: Prizes next week include Laptops, HDTV, Cars and holidays

Doesn't appear to be.. probably no live commentary though (not that'll it make a difference).
    Too right, see no point in the commentator at all.
    As someone said, there was a Football Fanatics game.. and spotted a Superhard game too.

Yay and yay! ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Me too :D, sickened i was!

Enjoyed it tho, will be playing again!

Advertisement