Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 vs. 100 to launch in the UK this Friday

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

That's not the point. If it were next week, which has prizes such as a Fiat 500 or Holiday vouchers, questions like "What does 69p of UK taxpayer's money go towards" would rule out Irish people who would otherwise be good at general knowledge and could've won a huge prize. It puts Irish people at a disadvantage.

in fairness that 69p was a common sense one more than anything. it defo wasnt NHS and if the PM cost the taxpayer that much there would be outcry so common sense said it was the ponsey royals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

celtic723 wrote: »
    how the **** is answering questions Uk-centred without actually getting anything to show for your efforts fun? absolutely shocking.
    I take it you've never watched the likes of the Weakest Link or Who Wants to be a Millionaire? just for ****s and giggles? I've never won anything watching them, but I've still had fun answering the questions. It was similar tonight, except the level of interaction was ramped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

miju wrote: »
    in fairness that 69p was a common sense one more than anything. it defo wasnt NHS and if the PM cost the taxpayer that much there would be outcry so common sense said it was the ponsey royals.

While I agree it was a straightforward question it would've taken a little thinking for a lot of people to work out, and losing those instant answer credits basically rules ya out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

For those whining about the UK centric questions you can go on the website and submit your own questions to be included in the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Indeed you can:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/1vs100/submitaquestion.htm

Missed it tonight but Im looking forward to it tomorrow night and really looking forward to the football one next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Played this last night for a bit and have to say enjoyed it. The uk centric questions didn't bother me, they were fairly easy and there was only a handful of them anyway. The only slight issue I had was that sometimes there was a bit of a wait between questions but it wasn't that bad. Was good considering it didn't cost you anything (on top of your subscription).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Had a blast with this last night with a few friends, in a party (in the mob).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I thought it wasn't on tonight:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Thought it was good fun, if mayve a little ove long @ 2hrs.
    One thing I did notice was that Irish player who was selected as the one also was in the Mob about 3 times.
    His lifetime score was way above what was achievable from the 1st night so he was obviously playing in the US/Canadian shows as well. No biggie, but it obviously influencing him being in the mob and the one.

Think his name was Mr Pibbles or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

yea Mr pibbles

he had like 27 million top score
    ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

A-Trak wrote: »
    Thought it was good fun, if mayve a little ove long @ 2hrs.
    One thing I did notice was that Irish player who was selected as the one also was in the Mob about 3 times.
    His lifetime score was way above what was achievable from the 1st night so he was obviously playing in the US/Canadian shows as well. No biggie, but it obviously influencing him being in the mob and the one.

Think his name was Mr Pibbles or similar.

That the guy who's avatar was exactly like Noel Edmunds ? with 30k score or soemthing ??
    I lol'd when i seen his char

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Looking at some of the top scores I'm guessing there were yanks and others playing who had been invited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

That Mr. Pibbles guy's score was ridiculous. Something in the region of 27 million I believe. I got mine to around 60,000 last night. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

SeantheMan wrote: »
    That the guy who's avatar was exactly like Noel Edmunds ? with 30k score or soemthing ??
    I lol'd when i seen his char

LOL I thought he looked like Noel Edmunds too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

is it back on tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

is it back on tonight?
    Don't think so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev9652

is it back on tonight?
    no its not on tonight but from next week its every friday and saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

is it back on tonight?

The "commentator" said last night that it would be back for tonight..
    Same time, half 7?

Nevermind:

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/live/1vs100/fullschedule.htm

I like how they have split up the different types into different games each day instead of just going each day with a different mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Quick reminder, extended play is on today from 6.30pm.

• Advertisement

does it not start at 8pm tonight?

does it not start at 8pm tonight?

Nope, there's 30min shows goin from 6.30 to 9.30, I think.

Questions were a lot tougher than Friday in that first game.

rizzla wrote: »
    Nope, there's 30min shows goin from 6.30 to 9.30, I think.

mmmm thats weird i can only see one game starting at 8pm tonight on my dashboard. anyone any ideas why that is?

mmmm thats weird i can only see one game starting at 8pm tonight on my dashboard. anyone any ideas why that is?

Go to the primetime channel.

"Primetime is not available at this time"- After it loading for like 5 minutes?!

WTF?

Anyone else getting this?

CMpunked wrote: »
    "Primetime is not available at this time"- After it loading for like 5 minutes?!

WTF?

Nope, Playing it now. These questions are tough, all guess work from me.

a lot of guessing from me too! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

CMpunked wrote: »

WTF?

Yep, getting this too. Will try again at 8:30 :(

• Advertisement

There are 96,000 playin at the moment, wonder if that could be the reason.

Advertisement