Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 vs. 100 to launch in the UK this Friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It does, it adds to your chances of being in the mob or being selected as the one.

And when the achievements system comes in soon there will be a point then.

People are forgetting its just a Beta for now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

CMpunked wrote: »
    It does, it adds to your chances of being in the mob or being selected as the one.

do you mean gamerscore points are coming in like normal games have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Agreed.
    It's all just a bit of fun right now, but at least they will count towards something.
    Great little beta i have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

From what I read online, it's avatar achievements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Had one of the questions I submitred come up tonight in the Community Written round. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just had a quick round. Not a bad game. Didn't let myself down too badly, got about 89k or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

bucks73 wrote: »
    Had one of the questions I submitred come up tonight in the Community Written round. :D

saw one from fingleberries also. didnt like that round.. too many very country specific Qs or silly trick Qs. the whole set up is pretty slick though. No usual Xbox live dropouts etc. Anyone know how the feck the leaders get those scores? 100% accuracy and instant answers all the time? must have someone beside them googling the Q keywords. No way ppl could have got 100% accuracy on those community Qs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

what was the question al?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I saw that! There were 2 Irish questions I believe

1)Where is the Irish Parliament located?
    2)When did the Easter Rising happen in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i feel there is a lot of cheating going on on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

what was the question al?

Not an Irish one from me. :D

What is the capital of Australia?

Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Not an Irish one from me. :D

What is the capital of Australia?

Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne.

I got that! think loads got it wrong from what I remember. good Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I saw two boardsie questions from limerickred and fingleberries.

I said 10 fingers instead of 8 for how fingers on two hands.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Bloody missed the community Qs tonight..

Its a bit annoying how little live shows there is, the next ones are not til sat and fri...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think there's a football quiz on tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

i feel there is a lot of cheating going on on

Cheating how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

speedfreak wrote: »
    saw one from fingleberries also. didnt like that round...

Hey! :) ... I'll try not to take that personally :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I thought the user submitted questions were a lot more UK-centric than the ones on Friday. A few Irish/international ones thrown in though. 4x instant answers on the 1916 question :D

The question about the population of Iceland was funny - submitted by I AM ICELANDIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

There are a lot of thick people playing this also.
    Seen a few bogey answers.:D

speedfreak wrote: »
    saw one from fingleberries also. didnt like that round.. too many very country specific Qs or silly trick Qs. the whole set up is pretty slick though. No usual Xbox live dropouts etc. Anyone know how the feck the leaders get those scores? 100% accuracy and instant answers all the time? must have someone beside them googling the Q keywords. No way ppl could have got 100% accuracy on those community Qs.

They aren't the same people who give 100% correct answers and an average response time of 0.043secs. If somebody joins in on the last round or 2 of questions and gets them both right, they'll have 100% accuracy.

If someone has a turbo pad and just keeps their hand on x as the question is answered, they'll have a really low avg answer time. The ones that are on 0secs are people who haven't answered any questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Sorry for repeating things here but, as i've understood you don't need any actual game as this is on XBL? And running friday and saturdays only?

I've been bombarded with mail about this from xbox live, but nothing about on how to actually attend. :/

No, you don't need an actual game. When you go online, there should be a blade on the Inside Xbox menu where you can go to a separate Primetime channel. From there you can view all the upcoming shows. Its not just Fri and Sat only either. There are 'non-live' ones everyday, but it's only on Fridays that they're live and you can win prizes.

The other shows are just to boost your cumulative score so you've a better chance of being in the mob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

So what do you need to get into the mob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

football tonight at 8 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Dam that european one was tricky!

ajeffares wrote: »
    So what do you need to get into the mob

taken from the full list of rules:

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/live/1vs100/game_rules.htm

Selection of “The Mob”

After selection of The One as described above, and subject to the participation limits described below, before each Round, we will select the top one hundred (100) players in the game lobby to compete as a member of ‘The Mob’ based on the same skill criteria used to determine The One, as described above.

Limit one (1) opportunity to compete as a member of “The Mob” per Live Show per person and Xbox LIVE Gamertag. In the unlikely event that all players in the game lobby prior to a given Round have already competed as a member of “The Mob” we may relax the foregoing gameplay limitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Dam that european one was tricky!

At one stage I went through a run of about getting 10 questions wrong in a row, I never thought dropping Geography after my inter cert back in 1991 would have such an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

So what is the deal with building up entry tickets all week? Is the selection of the 1 and the mob not a lottery result? According to that website it's based on

+ Skill Combination 1: Participation, then Speed
    + Skill Combination 2: Speed, then Accuracy
    + Skill Combination 3: Accuracy, then Speed

Seems to make the play during the week defunct! Anyone clarify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

:D Misshapen Vegetable's where banned by the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yeah I got that one lol :).

Currently randomly playing with The Batman IRL and Louisburgh Lass. Funny how it always bundles us Boardies together!

Advertisement