Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 vs. 100 to launch in the UK this Friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

I've been breaking the law all this thyme...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Note to self: Veal does not come from chickens :(

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Anyone able to hear the host at all? Couldn't hear a thing at all! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Didn't hear the host again this week.

So much for racking up over a million points over the week, I wasn't the One or in the mob :(

Hard luck to the girl who chose the mob over 5000 MSP, the helps aren't always helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'd be happy to get into the top 10 at this rate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody win anything? Thought I was winning stuff until I figured out you can't win anything as part of "The Crowd" :o

They're a bunch of cowboys Ted! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

I dunno if i thought it would be a fast game or if i was impatient, but i caved in and gave up after about 2hr in the crowd. :(

Is it totally random to be Mob and The One?

dMaN24 wrote: »
    I dunno if i thought it would be a fast game or if i was impatient, but i caved in and gave up after about 2hr in the crowd. :(

Is it totally random to be Mob and The One?
    Apparently Microsoft have developed a process that selects players by how long they've been active, time they take to answer, % of questions answered correctly and probably a few other little things as well. Regardless of how well you're playing, don't forget that there's almost 100,000 people playing yet only 101 get selected each round. The odds are against you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Seems strange then that someone with 0 gamerscore and a couple more under 100 were picked as the 1 last night.

I thought that too, but then again people who game 24/7 (and have a high GamerScore) aren't likely to be all that well up on General Trivia - unless it's a gaming quiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Did anyone think most of the One's last night were total idiots?? Just wondering how the hell they got picked!

One in particular used 3 helps for the first 3 questions, to which the answers could not be more obvious.

Almost all of them were idiots. That one that used help for the first three questions and then ran with the points must have been a kid. The girl who had 5000 and went back to the mob was the best of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Aw what do you have to do to get into the mob in this game. sick of answering all the questions right and still only ever being in the crowd

Almost seems like they dont pick people who do know their stuff so they dont have to give too much away.

One 1 disconnected and then the next guy up failed to answer. Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What about your man who used a help on the first (and possibly the easiest question of the game too).

Fair enough, he used a help, no harm i guess, but what one did he pick?..

ASK THE BRAIN?!

How does that help again work?
    It uses the answer of whoever it is thats doing the best THAT ROUND.

And thus it being the First question?.....

Seriously?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yer man getting disconnected was hillarious I thought.

CMpunked wrote: »
    What about your man who used a help on the first (and possibly the easiest question of the game too).

Fair enough, he used a help, no harm i guess, but what one did he pick?..

ASK THE BRAIN?!

How does that help again work?
    It uses the answer of whoever it is thats doing the best THAT ROUND.

And thus it being the First question?.....

Seriously?!

Thought the same myself. If you have to use a help on the first few questions then you are already in trouble. :D

Whats up with the people who get the absolutely easiest questions wrong, it boggles my mind TBH.
    Like some yesterday " Whats homer simpsons catchphrase?" and 1 or 2 people actually got it wrong. Mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Microsoft have not ruled out the possabilty of pay to play.

So... you have to be a gold member- all ready paying.
    then paying to play a game that requires you to pay before hand.

Is that not some form of ultra internet gamling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

damn 360ers!!! looks good wish it came out on ps3

• Advertisement

Very annoyed at the half 5 'general trivia' , should of been called 'English trivia.'
    .:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Asmodean wrote: »
    Very annoyed at the half 5 'general trivia' , should of been called 'English trivia.'
    .:/

Yeah it bull, all english football/politics/history/where the grass grows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Whats up with the people who get the absolutely easiest questions wrong, it boggles my mind TBH.
    Like some yesterday " Whats homer simpsons catchphrase?" and 1 or 2 people actually got it wrong. Mental.

Trying for the instant answer and hitting the wrong button maybe?

It happened to me playing it a few times...not on The Simpsons question though.
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Yeah I got that one lol :).

Currently randomly playing with The Batman IRL and Louisburgh Lass. Funny how it always bundles us Boardies together!

ya that was cool...I got a few easy ones wrong!!! mis button presses as mentioned.

My guess is that they were just some of them idiots who were trying to get the fastest answers.

Seen one guy whos average answer speed was .0!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ah ive hit the wrong button a few times on instant answer, "oh no's press Y press Y noooooooooooooooooo no saves left" :D
    most annying was getting disconnected after 25 minutes :mad:

Anyone else got a sweepstakes number higher than 500? None of my friends that Im usually on with do so if this is the highest and a lot of people have it how do they pick the or the mob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone else got a sweepstakes number higher than 500? None of my friends that Im usually on with do so if this is the highest and a lot of people have it how do they pick the or the mob?

Sweepstakes have nothing to do with the 1 or the mob. View them as raffle tickets for a prize once the beta is finished.

Ok...cool. Had no idea what they were for really.

Anyone finding the questions quite easy tonight?... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anyone finding the questions quite easy tonight?... :confused:

Yeah the live shows are easier, can also hear the host. Damn Alan Titchmarsh answer.

Advertisement