Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the delay with the Samsung i8910

• 06-07-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Have to say I’m surprised at the lack of discussion around these parts about the i8910 but anyway to my question. Does anyone know what the delay is with the sim-free 16gb i8910? The phone itself was released on contract with Orange in the UK about 1.5 months ago and theres still no sign of the sim-free version. There had been talk of early June, then late June, then early July and now people are talking late July but no-one is giving a reason. Anyone able to shed a bit of light on the situation?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

JohnK wrote: »
    Have to say I’m surprised at the lack of discussion around these parts about the i8910 but anyway to my question. Does anyone know what the delay is with the sim-free 16gb i8910? The phone itself was released on contract with Orange in the UK about 1.5 months ago and theres still no sign of the sim-free version. There had been talk of early June, then late June, then early July and now people are talking late July but no-one is giving a reason. Anyone able to shed a bit of light on the situation?

Thanks.
    I would imagine that the 16 GB version of the OmniaHD is less sought after and therefore more of a niche product, so companies, like Expansys, are more likely and willing to stock the less expensive 8 GB version.

I could be wrong, however, and the 16 GB version might just be scheduled for a later release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

And why cant you just get the 8GB version, and put a 16GB card in it??? :confused:

Then you will have 24GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Davy wrote: »
    And why cant you just get the 8GB version, and put a 16GB card in it??? :confused:

Then you will have 14GB

Or 24 Gb like i have :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Or 24 Gb like i have :p

Woops, finger must have slipped :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that it wont accept microSD cards bigger than 16gb which is why I'd hold out for the 16gb over the 8gb version as frankly I'd like to have as much space as humanly possible on it. That extra 8gb could be important! :p

Of course if I could put in bigger cards down the road then yeah I’d probably go for the 8gb now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement