Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiography in UCD

Options
  • 06-07-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anyone hoping for radiography?
    Anyone one currently doing radiography?
    Would love to hear all your views and feedback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

yeah I'm heading into 4th year radiography. It's a good course and i've enjoyed my three years so far. Don't really know where to start so if you have any specific questions just pm me or ask them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 super-split

Just a few quick questions for anyone with the answers.
    There seems to be a lot of biology subjects involved, will i be at a huge disadvantage not having done it??
    Whats the boy girl ratio lik??
    And finally is the course really tough, hours wise??
    oh nd also any recommendation on where to live, roebuck, merville or belgrove??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

No biology isn't necessary. I never did it for the leaving cert either and had no problems with first year. I'd say chemistry and physics are far more important in first year. Chemistry especially for the physiology modules. Anatomy in first year is difficult enough. I suppose a bit of biology would have helped but a little bit of work and you'll be fine for anatomy. It's basically just memorizing locations of particular muscles, arteries and veins. Im my group there's 6 boys and about 35 girls. First and second year had the longest hours for me. I'm not sure with the course changing slightly but i'd say you have about 20 hours of lectures a week in first year. Roebuck is definitely the nicest followed by merville.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭fonzy157

Hi, was there any/many mature students studying radiography?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 scatriona

I am.... what do you want to know....?

• Advertisement
Advertisement