Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb problems

Options
  • 06-07-2009 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some imput on my problems to outline it quickly i was with Digiweb for my broadband i was paying about 40 euro a month and i had a year paid up front in full.

In jan they changed their signaling system which caused my connection to become useless it would work for 5 mins then drop off for hours and just became utterly useless. I rang them and for the next few months i made over 10 phone calls ( with waiting times of 45 mins sometimes ) each time they had a new way that would fix it none of them worked and after those 10+ phone calls and 2 engineers calling out they said that they where refusing to do any more work on my connection and that i had to decide if i wanted to keep it as is or get rid of it.

I choose to get rid of it i asked for a refund back to Jan which they refused to do and gave me a refund credit note for the last 2 months instead of the 5 i wanted. They said they would organise collection of the equipment.

2 months later i had heard nothing for them and got back on to them to get my refund and they told me they wont give me the refund untill i return the equipment and that i should post it to this address !!!!

Surely this can be normal carry on for a company i am not going to deal with the compnay any more but im wondering where do i go t complain or get something done about this would a small claim be worth doing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

I totally recommend to contact COMREG. http://www.comreg.ie/

just ring them, give them your details, say whats wrong and they will deal with it for you.
    the thing is that first you need to lodge official complaint in writing to your provider and if they will not get back to you with solution withing 10 working days (as far as I remember) COMREG will do the rest.

don't wait. Ireland sucks with customer service, because there is no competition on the market at all. People need to teach them how should it be provided. it makes me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Have sent a complaint to comreg now.

Told them i find it unacceptable that Digiweb expect me to climb onto my roof and then up a 15 foot pole to dissconnect their equipment with out any training in its installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Put that sequence of events down in writing, and post it by registered post to Digiweb, demanding that they refund you for the service after it becaeme unusable (and you first reported it to them). Ask them to collect their equipment. Demand a response, in writing, within 10 working days.

If you don't get a response, or get an unsatisfactory response, contact ComReg (who can't do anything at all for you until you've exhausted a formal complaint with Digiweb). If you still have no joy, and ComReg don't seem bothered, go to the Small Claims Court.

Above is assuming that what you've said is true and is not exaggerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

2 months later i had heard nothing for them and got back on to them to get my refund and they told me they wont give me the refund untill i return the equipment and that i should post it to this address !!!!

Is this Metro you're talking about? If so, that aerial is Digiweb's property, and only their contractor should touch it. It's not up to you to go taking that down. Also, they want you to post and aerial that's on a 5 foot pole. Are they for real?

Do what cgarvey said, registered letters to Digiweb and Comreg, then Small Claims for a full refund from January, if you get nowhere.

Its on a 15 foot pole :eek: the pole does belong to Corus but the radio stuff is at the top of it.

I sent them an email today ( before the last 2 posts where posted) saying i want them to refund back to Jan as i felt they breached my consumer rights by giving me a faulty product and one that wasnt fit for purpose ( ie allways on internet thats not all ways on )

And that Digiweb told me 2 months ago they would collect the equipment so i wasnt aware that i had to post it back and that i have recieved no training in removing digiwebs hi tech equipment and since its on my roof it was too dangerous for me to attempt.

If i dont get a satisfactory answer ill do the registered mail thing above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Digiweb are gone to the dogs. Typical bad management of an expanding company.

Update : after my email yesterday i got one back saying they will refund me back into Jan as thats when i first logged a complaint they will also post me a pre paid envelope to return the internal equipment (modem) and that they will send out an engineer to remove the equipement on the roof and im under no circumstances to attempt to remove that myself.

Result !! Im happy but i think its basically what im entitled to. Thanks to every one for their advice. As with most of these companies you have to push them and act a bit of a ass to get them to do the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

That is, indeed, what you're entitled to. Glad they saw sense in the end. It's a pity that you had to go through all that nonsense. A pity for you (inconvenience, time-wasting), and for them (cost of providing bad support, damage to good will).

Advertisement