Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaran Insurance - Terrible Customer Service

Options
  • 06-07-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Be careful to double check any documentation you receive from Aaran Insurance. I did not notice until recently that my Insurance Certificate I bought in March had a different car's reg on it.
    I tried to phone but couldn't get through so I emailed to request a new cert. I received such a snotty reply back - along the lines of I should have noticed this and I must have given them the incorrect information (Hello - I know what my reg is). I was so shocked by the horrible attitude of the Customer Care Rep that I forwarded it to her manager with a polite note about how an apology for their error would have gone a long way and got this response:

the wrong registration number on the proposal form was not noticed/corrected by you so we were unaware it was incorrect. An apology is not appropriate in this instance.

I think this is a shocking way to treat a customer - am I overreacting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

The same happened to me last year - I noticed it straight away and called them. They just asked me to send it back. Must be a regular occurrence in Aaran Insurance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I would assume that they'd still have the proposal form on file and the manager probably double checked that it was wrong before emailing you

Could you ask them to send you a copy to see who's right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pinkladee

I don't think they care to be honest!! They should also have a phone recording of my order where I gave the correct details. I work in an office and I know clerical errors happen easily - if they had just apologised for their mistake I would have let it go. Can't believe they said it was my fault!! Feel a bit better after venting here - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I had a quote sent out to me from Aaran to sign after giving all my info over the phone. When I read through it there were loads of errors, purposely changed to give a lower quote:

There were at least 5 errors(no claims bonus, penalty points etc..) I corrected each one of them, signed the form and brought it in to them. They said I cannot change info and just to sign the original - we had a 'disagreement' and they eventually agreed to re-enter correct info. Then they quoted me €120 higher than original quote.

I told the guy where to stick it and he offered to reduce the price to the original quote as if he was doing it as a favour.

It clearly said on the form that if any info was incorrect that the claim would be invalidated... Check it all and recheck it.

Advertisement