Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker tracking and training sites

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

mdwexford wrote: »
    Went to open an account there with Sky Poker but the only deposit method is credit card, no Moneybookers or Neteller, kinda sucks.

Damn I've no credit card, was also thinking of splashing around and having a look based on Ians recommendation. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Ya but it's giving everyone a chance to catch up on the people who have been putting in the effort before these tracking sites came out. Just not fair IMO. I'm going taking a break from online for a while but it'll probably be harder again by the time im back. I can't see why i have gone from making 1-2k a month to basically just barely finishing ahead these sites are just taking the skill out of online poker IMO

Tough **** tbh. If you can't win long term then you're not putting enough effort in. If you don't others will which is what happening. If you are not constantly learning then you are stagnating. You have no divine right to make 1-2k a month. That's a lot of money. You either embrace the software/ training sites and whatever or you lose. It's pretty simple, no amount of whining will help you out.

Ians posts reminds me how lazy I have become as well but least I accept it's my own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

cooker3 wrote: »
    Tough **** tbh. If you can't win long term then you're not putting enough effort in. If you don't others will which is what happening. If you are not constantly learning then you are stagnating. You have no divine right to make 1-2k a month. That's a lot of money. You either embrace the software/ training sites and whatever or you lose. It's pretty simple, no amount of whining will help you out.

Ians posts reminds me how lazy I have become as well but least I accept it's my own fault.

I didn't say i wasnt winning long term? My point is that the game is getting tougher and tougher and that the game is going to turn into a game of strategy and stats. It feels like a computer game at the moment. I have holdem manager. I have studied it inside out and have looked at numerous vids online, I am putting in the effort but these sites are definetly changing the game IMO.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

If you're playing a game of tennis, and your opponent is using a new head youtek racquet, try playing against him with a wooden racquet from the 1970s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I didn't say i wasnt winning long term? My point is that the game is getting tougher and tougher and that the game is going to turn into a game of strategy and stats. It feels like a computer game at the moment. I have holdem manager. I have studied it inside out and have looked at numerous vids online, I am putting in the effort but these sites are definetly changing the game IMO.:)

This is true. You said you were just above break even. I suppose "not a winning player" or "not a big winning player" would have been more accurate terms on my part.

Yes the games are getting tougher but what do you expect? The game has always about being about strategy. Without any strategy it would be boring. In some sense the harder the games come the less important stats. Take the nosebleed players. Most of them barely use a hud because the playerpool is so small that they know each other inside and out and gameflow is much more important.

But even if it does become more reliant on stats again tough. I just look upon it kind of like evolution. You either evolve and embrace the strategies and technology that works or you die. It doesn't matter what I, you or anybody wants. Just look upon it as a challenge. If you don't want to then *shrug* play more live I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

cooker3 wrote: »
    This is true. You said you were just above break even. I suppose "not a winning player" or "not a big winning player" would have been more accurate terms on my part.

Yes the games are getting tougher but what do you expect? The game has always about being about strategy. Without any strategy it would be boring. In some sense the harder the games come the less important stats. Take the nosebleed players. Most of them barely use a hud because the playerpool is so small that they know each other inside and out and gameflow is much more important.

But even if it does become more reliant on stats again tough. I just look upon it kind of like evolution. You either evolve and embrace the strategies and technology that works or you die. It doesn't matter what I, you or anybody wants. Just look upon it as a challenge. If you don't want to then *shrug* play more live I guess.

No I was never a breakeven player I was always a winning player online and still am.
    But I have totally took your point and everyones points into consideration and I have persuaded myself to grow up and take this evolution as it comes. It's like any other game I guess - the older a game gets the more technology gets pumped into it and you got to adapt to these changes. (I told myself 'you don't see Tiger complaining that theres this new Taylor Made driver that makes it easy for players to hit straight).
    I have taken a full months break and I am absolutely gagging to get back into action now at the start of next week.

I am a true Capricorn i don't like change. I have played golf for years without ever getting a lesson and poker without ever reading a book. I just like a challenge and embrace it in my own way. But I have decided this was not the correct way to approve the game anymore because there is far to many people getting an edge. So I left my ego and heres what I did.............
    I have watched tons of videos and to be honest I would recommend them to anyone. These videos have given me so much confidence in my own game and also taught me a thing or two about small situations that I tended to play wrong in certain cases. I have also got guys to look over my stats on holdem manager and they have given me a few small pointers that I could do differently so fingers crossed my hard work will pay off.

Thanks guys for all your replies and hopefully I won't get upset about future evolutions to come, hopefully I am able to tackle them as I did this one.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

ianmc38 wrote: »
    I played 100NL and 200NL this year when i was first starting back and the standard was lol bad. If you think those games are tough then you are either bad at poker or you're choosing to play in the worst games.sure players are better but with site/game selection it's still quite easy to make good money. I actually play some low stakes HA on FTP the other day to unwind after a long day and the standard was ridiculously bad.

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Advertisement