Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2.5v6 ford mondeo ghia x

• 06-07-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Guys
    I have a real gem of a car a ford mondeo 2.5v6 ghia x its the 2000 model.
    It needs about three hundred euro spent on it to fix a few small flaws that have occured over time but other than that the machine is immac. How much should I be looking to sell it for or should I try sell it to a ford collector?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Moving to Motors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A 2.5 litre petrol Mondeo is almost sale proof in this country. It is worth probably as much as the annual road tax on it.

If anyone makes you a serious offer, take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

TBH not sure if its worth that much.... I would reckon you would get between €1500 to €2000, plenty of good clean examples of this in the UK going cheap....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Hi Guys
    I have a real gem of a car a ford mondeo 2.5v6 ghia x its the 2000 model.
    It needs about three hundred euro spent on it to fix a few small flaws that have occured over time but other than that the machine is immac. How much should I be looking to sell it for or should I try sell it to a ford collector?

I'm a ford collector, I'll give you 300 for it.

(Maybe!)

BTW the reason we are ford collectors is because we are too poor to be Porsche collectors!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Is it the MK2 or MK3? Can you send me on details, pics etc, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 francisgorman

its 2.5v6 full leather interior heated seats cruse control traction control climate control etc.. needs central locking fixed havent got a pic of it right now and its pissin rain so not going out to take one. The car is white with rs alloys on it and black quad lights in the front. 64,000miles

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nhlrules

Hey there

I just sold my 2 MK2 Ghia X Mondeos earlier this year

Both were the 2 LTR versions one a 1998 model with full spec 68000 miles and 2 year NCT immaculate condition and got 1000 euro for it

The other was a 1999 car with a knackered gearbox although it only had 58000 miles on it again full spec and NCT/tax 200 euro

I know yours is the 2.5 24 valve which I personally would like but the tax here makes them hard too shift plus the fact that the Duratec 2.5 V6 is not the best when it comes to fuel consumption or head gasket problems

Your best bet would be a ford lover though I wouldnt expect a fortune for the car

The Black 1998 one I had I regretted selling but I didnt have room for it at the time as i had just bought a Galaxy.I was looking for 1500 but when I got a decent offer I took it

If it dont shift for you let me know I might be interested (if I dont get divorced first)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

maidhc wrote: »
    BTW the reason we are ford collectors is because we are too poor to be Porsche collectors!

:D

LOL, you're just not trying hard enough !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 francisgorman

Yeah I was offered 5,500eur for it but I want to get the few jobs on it first. Not sure if I want to sell it or not so I was trying to get a feel of what money they are making. If I was to sell I think id have to give it to a car lover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Yeah I was offered 5,500eur for it but I want to get the few jobs on it first. Not sure if I want to sell it or not so I was trying to get a feel of what money they are making. If I was to sell I think id have to give it to a car lover

I would bite the hand off anyone offering you €5500 for it!

• Advertisement

Yeah I was offered 5,500eur

!!!

You should have taken it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Take the money and run...very, very fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Take money and RUN.... RUN very fast and very far....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Sorry, but people are collecting big engined Mondeos now??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This offer of €5,500 didn't involve a shipping company did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Someone offered you €5,500 for it and you didnt take it?! Now dont get offended here but...ARE YOU INSANE?! I would have thought it would have been closer to €550 in value than €5500.

Are you serious when you say you were offered that much for it?

samsemtex wrote: »
    Someone offered you €5,500 for it and you didnt take it?! Now dont get offended here but...ARE YOU INSANE?! I would have thought it would have been closer to €550 in value than €5500.

considering 5,500 is about the going rate for an 05/06 Mondeo Diesel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

I wouldnt imagine its even a particularly desireable model for a Ford collector. Its only a mondeo with high spec and a high tax, yet it's a relatively underpowered and overly thirsty engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nhlrules

samsemtex wrote: »

My thoughts too

If you think your gonna get even half that kind of money for the car even getting the jobs it needs done your mad

Then again if you do sell it to this person for 5500 let a few guys on here have his phone number ,Im sure there are other cars out there that he might be interested in

If he is interested in a 1999 Ford Scorpio Ultima 2.8 immac condition Id let it go for 12000

Advertisement