Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerbils In Cork!

Options
  • 06-07-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm in Cork city and I'm looking to get a pair of males gerbils. Through an old thread on this site, I found petshop suggestions, the most prominent being Sully's. Well I went into Sully's today, and in the gerbil cage there was a baby gerbil who looked like it had been attacked (covered in blood and bald patches) and when I told the guy at the counter, he stood there eating a sandwich and said, 'oh yeah we have a girl who checks that sorta thing every morning, she must know about it.' I didn't argue as he obviously wasn't going to listen (also tried to sell me a cage I wouldn't put one gerbil in, let alone two).

So now I'm wondering if anybody knows anywhere I might find a breeder in Cork (city preferably, as I have no transport), or even in kerry as my parents are based there. Or, if anyone has unwanted baby gerbils - just something that ISN'T a pet shop.

Also, if anyone wants to try and re-establish the good reputation of Sully's and convince me I should buy a fully-intact gerbil there (the others were very healthy and lively looking), or recommend another pet shop in Cork city, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 da-mahon-don

hows a going mate..try petstop on the kinsale road..sawa few nice gerbils in there and the staff seem very good...ask for a girl called trish.she looks after the small animals and seems well up on the care...prices for the gerbils and equip seemed good to...regarding sullys...to many horror stories these days to ever think of going in there again..and used do all my shoppin in there

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Ohh that's great, I'll check it out. Thank you very much!

Advertisement