Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonakilty - Indoor swimming pools

Options
  • 06-07-2009 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Heading to Clon for two weeks with my family next week staying in a holiday home. My kids (6 and 5) really love swimming so am looking for nice indoor public swimming pools in Clonakilty area that we can take them to for those inevitable rainy days.

Is Clonakilty Park Leisure Centre any good (http://www.clonpool.com/) and do they allow ad-hoc non members to use this facility? How about hotels in the area? Any allow the public to use their pools?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mountain

pool is nice, always spotless clean, staff are very friendly.
    Dont know about access for non members, non hotel guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭dazzerb

Thanks mountain,

I just contacted ClonPool and it is strictly members only with minimum 3 month membership.

I found one in Dunmanway which claims to be "West Cork's only public indoor swimming pool" Is this place any good?

http://www.swimmersguide.com/query/Detail.cfm?PoolID=7489

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭dazzerb

Success! Celtic Ross Hotel in Roscarbery have what looks like a great pool and allow non members to use it on a pay as you use basis.

I tried every hotel in the area and this is the only one that allows the public to use the pool.

Thanks everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Scubachick

There is a public pool in Dunmanway, about 30 mins north of Clon. Nothing too fancy - no sauna/ steamroom etc. Just a pool. There is a playground outside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Wasn't there another small enough pool in some hotel in Clon town years ago? It was open to the public. Is it still there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement