Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony HDD DVD Recorder

• 06-07-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

hope you can help.....I have a Sony HDD that is quite good, loads of memory space to record programs on. Its relatively easy to use except I have one problem with it.

When I make a copy of a program from the hard disk to a DVD, I can only play the dvd in that machine. The DVD doesn't work in other DVD machines! I have gone through the instruction manual and no joy, still can't figure it out. Hopefully someone can help me out!

The model number is RDR-HXD870.

I'm at the back of the class till its sorted!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

the disc must be finalised before it can play on other machines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Thanks big moe.....tried that and still unsuccessful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

what type of blank discs are you using? the player you're trying might not be compatible with that type of disc. the best discs for compatibility are DVD-R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Tried that...still no joy. Its a quirky thing that I'm missing.....and its bugging me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

big_moe wrote: »
    the best discs for compatibility are DVD-R

funny, I've always found the opposite - never a problem with +R, always with -R!

Anyway, I have the RDR-HXD870 and use +R discs in it (many brands) and they play in other dvd players.

Are you SURE you are finalising it as Big Moe has said - in the Disc Info menu - its the only logical reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement