Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with PS3

Options
  • 06-07-2009 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've had a 40gb PS3 for two years and just recentely it has stopped loading games. I can access the home screen but it will not load up any games or DVDs. I cleared factory settings and nothing changed. Just wondering has anyone else experienced such problems or know how to rectify the situation. Any help appreciated. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

my ps3 has also stopped loading games and dvds can anyone help???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

Check the PlayStation forum... there is loads of threads on it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like your lazer has burnt out- i work in a electronics store and 9 times out of 10 that's the problem- you'll need to call the PS3 helpline and find out are you entitled to a repair or refurb. From my experience it's the same with their dvd players and cd players too!! They all have just really short lazer lives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

This appened to my bros PS3. Bad news is that yeah, your PS3 is ****ed, and even worse news was, sony were the worst customer service ive dealt with in years. They simply would not accept that they had reponsibilty and would not take the PS3 back off me! They kept trying to get me to take it back to the shop i bought it in, and just wouldnt even entertain the notion of picking it up from me and repairing it. I tried calling them 3 times and spoke to 3 different people, theyre a ****ing joke. In the end i took it back to tesco, who were sold out of PS3's, so i got a refund and bought a new one in Gamestop. Last time i buy anything from sony, anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

0ubliette wrote: »
    ...so i got a refund and bought a new one in Gamestop. Last time i buy anything from sony, anyway

:pac:

I have only ever dealt with Sony's Customer Service once and they were brilliant in that instance [needed to get a new cage for the HDD as I was changing it. They sent me one for free!] I have heard from others though that they are not the greatest.

If you do a search on the Playstation forum, some people used a console repair shop instead of Sony and it worked fine.

Other than that, like all hardware, keep your receipt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

0ubliette wrote: »
    This appened to my bros PS3. Bad news is that yeah, your PS3 is ****ed, and even worse news was, sony were the worst customer service ive dealt with in years. They simply would not accept that they had reponsibilty and would not take the PS3 back off me! They kept trying to get me to take it back to the shop i bought it in, and just wouldnt even entertain the notion of picking it up from me and repairing it. I tried calling them 3 times and spoke to 3 different people, theyre a ****ing joke. In the end i took it back to tesco, who were sold out of PS3's, so i got a refund and bought a new one in Gamestop. Last time i buy anything from sony, anyway

Weird....the same thing happened to my PS3 (lazer burnt out), although I had a totally different experience with sony. Rang Sony, they arranged to pick up from my workplace and then 5 days later they delivered a Refurb back to my workplace, minimal hassle and no fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

sarumite wrote: »
    Weird....the same thing happened to my PS3 (lazer burnt out), although I had a totally different experience with sony. Rang Sony, they arranged to pick up from my workplace and then 5 days later they delivered a Refurb back to my workplace, minimal hassle and no fuss.

Weird, maybe i got them on a bad day. They wouldnt even listen to me once i told them i had a reciept from tesco. They just said take it back there. When i found tesco out of stock, i tried sony again and lied saying i bought it in gamestop, but had lost the receipt, hoping sony would have to take it back as it was under a year old. They said "just take it back to gamestop, sony have a deal with GS where they will exchange broken ps3s with no hassle", i went to gamestop and of course they said that that was complete bollocks, and wouldnt take it back without a reciept.

Advertisement