Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Sensor Cleaning

• 06-07-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

I went into DML today with 2 of my Nikon D80s. Spoke to Darragh. He checked both cameras for sensor dust, 1 was clean so no need to touch it, and the other had some small specks of dust which he cleaned first with Artic Butterfly and then with a swab. This was first time ever having sensor cleaned and both cameras are just 2 years old. A very nice guy and no charge.
    I did purchase a sensor inspection unit there, super little tool really.
    Excellent service and attention.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

what is a sensor inspection unit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Didn't know who DML were so in case anybody else doesn't know I found this;

http://www.dml.ie/eMerchantPro/pc/contact.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

TheDriver wrote: »
    what is a sensor inspection unit?

Its a circular unit which has a magnifying glass and light which when placed on camera without lens with mirror locked up lets you see the sensor illuminated and magnified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

From their homepage -
    FREE SENSOR CLEANING THIS WEEK
    so when you are calling in bring your DSLR camera with you

So for one week only folks (unless its that kind of ad that just gets left there forever ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    From their homepage -

So for one week only folks (unless its that kind of ad that just gets left there forever ;)

It's been there a long time ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement