Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving dole?

• 06-07-2009 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey guys, quick dole question- living away from home at the minute, will be moving back home soon, does there normally be much of a delay in it being processed when switching social welfare branches??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I would imagine that if you are moving back to the family home after being in rented accomadation, that they will means test you, as living at home is seen as a benefit in kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I think if you are over 25, they don't take your parents income or place of living into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

My friend just moved from phibsborugh to swords, thats navan road branch to swords and it took 3 weeks.
    Thats just tranfering a claim, no change in circumstances, living arrangements etc

Advertisement