Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem's in Northrend.

• 06-07-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Anytime i try to go to Crystalsong or dragonblight in northrend i crash, and cant log back in. Ive tried 4 times using different way's - teleporting from Zul drak, flying on a mount from Zuldrak, riding etc. I get an error message every time - saying file corrupt.

I have to get a gm to recover my char. Ive tried the wow repair tool in the WoW folder.

Do i need to re-install the whole game *sigh*, or can i overwrite with just the lich king exspansion. Or maybe just un-install the lich king exspansion.

Any idea's guy's? any help is appreciated:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 diabhail

turn off all addons that you are using (if any) and see if that helps. QuestHelper can be a major issue - and Auctioneer is a major Hog, as is stuff like Xperl.

I also had terrible problems logging into Dala. But that is cos my PC is a piece of crap, once I added more RAM the problem went away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Questhelper... always have to disable it when im logged in dala if i want to log back in.. keeps kicking me out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

You're hard drive could be ****ed. I started randomly getting disconnected out of certain zones saying the files were corrupt. Shortly afterward my hdd decided to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

If the above suggestions fail Id say your best bet would be a clean install. Just save your patches in the WoW directory and you wont have to download anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Feck and double feck, tried turning off addon - it didnt work :(.

World of WarCraft (build 9947)
    Exe: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    Time: Jul 6, 2009 10:11:52.725 PM
    User: stinky munkey
    Computer: STINKYMUNKEY-PC
    This application has encountered a critical error:
    ERROR #131 (0x85100083) File Corrupt
    Program: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    File: World\Maps\Northrend\Northrend_31_21.adt

This is the message i got :confused:.

Btw, thanks for replies. I posted same thread on tech forums and got zero replies:mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

This error message could mean any one of a number of possible issues, ranging from a harddrive issue to a RAM issue to just a dodgey/corrupt installation of the Warcraft client.

If you start to notice any other software act funky, then it is probably something technical - like harddrive or RAM, otherwise I'd perform the repair function by running the repair tool found in the Warcraft root folder and choose "repair". If that doesnt work, then try copying your WoW folder to another folder on your harddrive or even to another harddrive if you can... let me know how it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

The obvious solution would be disable all addons, if this fails then a fresh re-install, if this fails then its more than likely a hardware problem. The likelyhood of it being a hardware problem is small as if it were you would strugle in other high FPS area's in WoW. If you do strugle in other areas in WoW or if you cannot play with settings up high it could be your ram being to low. If your fps is normally average and not randomly falling to below 5 and all other programs are running as they usualy do and if the problem still exists after a full install then it could very well be a hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

move your wow folder see if you can zone in there then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Terra

I'm actually having the same issue. However I'm running windows 7.

But I reckon its and addon, wanna compare what you have running with my own system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 diabhail

I had this identical problem. A short term solution was to run the WOWrepair tool as explained above. That helped for a while. However it started again. Idid a fresh install. That helped.

Then the Harddrive failed!

You could run a chkdisk on your hard drive to see if that is the problem. But be prepared for the worst!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Ive run WoW repair tool, and it didnt work :(. Ive also tried turning off my addon (questhelper).

I have 2 comp's, both dell desktop's. One is XP and one is Vista. Ive copied WoW to an external hardrive and ran it on my old PC (XP). The game run's perfectly til i get to Dragonblight/dala.

At this stage im pretty sure it's the WoW i have installed. So a clean install is prolly my best option. I would have did it yesrterday, but i spent the gut's of twelve hour's grinding to lvl 80 on my hunter (10 hour's of playing WoW is something i'll not be doing again, considering i usually only play for 2-3 hours max at a time). The only problem with my new comp is that it run's on vista. Ive got 4 gig's of ram, quad core processor, 1.5 TB hard drive & a 1 gig nvidia GFX card. So my system is more than capable of running WoW.

Advertisement