Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Video Camera

Options
  • 06-07-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi

Does anyone know where I can purchase a professional video camera
    brand new or second hand?

even to rent in west? galway mayo sligo donegal

thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

adverts.ie would be a good place to start for used equipment. As it happens I have an excellent, little used high def. camera for sale there at the moment with lots of accessories at a bargain price...

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=116889

If you're after new, I always recommend camerakit.ie where I buy my shiny boxed depreciators.

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bandb

meep thanks for that, i am considering your camera aswell as its got the extra,
    I'm thinking of setting up a wedding video business, im looking to buy basics to start with .

i see where there is a new camera for €1500 on camerakit.ie i think its new.. says its good for weddings etc. my problem is getting the knowledge on camera's. i assume they all have a good quality picture.
    any help muchly appreciated

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

well, it's a big area!

Picture quality is affect by any number of factors including permutations of;

-lens quality
    -sensor type (ccd, cmos)
    -sensor size
    -recording medium (tape, solid state)
    -recording format (DV, DVCam, HDV, DVCPro, XDCam, Digibeta etc. etc,)
    -lighting conditions & equipment
    -Sound (!)
    -Camera operation & stabalisation
    -Onboard accessories (filters, 35mm adapters etc.)
    -operator experience & style
    -post production techniques
    -end viewer display equipment & environment

Each of those requires significant research and you will find multiple opinions on the best approach! It's a big big area!

Also, when purchasing, don't forget to factor in all the extras you might need. The headline camera cost is usually only half the story. You'll need to think about;

-decent triopod
    -extra batteries/power
    -lighting
    -filters
    -camera weather protection
    -camera protective case for transport
    -stock (tape or solid state media)
    -sound (mics, boom poles, wireless kits)

Peter

Advertisement