Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need some(alot) of help

• 06-07-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

hey every1. ive recently decided to try and become a mechanic. im living in galway and am 22. every1 thinks im mad as im just out of college. but this is wat i want to do. im trying to get a job in galway or carlow/laois. Is my age a problem? im a qualified primary school teacher, will this help ? i need advice, do i just hand my c.v into garages or where do i start? any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I'd give this a lot more thought if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

thanks for ur concern , but ive always wanted to be a mechanic but wanted to go to college to hav something behind me to fall back on if something went wrong i.e health issues or collapse of economy lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Would a primary school take on someone with only a motor mechanic qualification to become a teacher?

Do you have any proper experience in working on cars or engines? If not, maybe a course in car maintenance would be a good place to start. Maybe FAS have a course, if you're currently unemployed. They certainly do night courses in Car Maintenance, but I'd say that's more for home use - but even that would be better than nothing I suppose.

Maybe some place would take you in as an apprentice, but I'd say you'd have to have some way to show a pretty strong aptitude if they weren't related to or connected to you in some way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 Mr. darragh

get a job as a teacher ,rent buy a place with loads of space and start working on cars from home teach yourself ,build project cars .restore cars have fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Working on cars for a living is a mugs game OP. The industry is disorganised and rudderless and this finds its way down to every garage in the country. There is a lack of training and a lack of a proper career structure in the industry... From experience, I'd say don't bother...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Stick to teaching!

As suggested before, work on cars on your spare time (3 months holidays :) ) to feed your love of cars

Advertisement