Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson T700

• 06-07-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

I was looking at this phone in a meteor shop a few months ago. My current phone (nokia 6300) broke so I was going to get it but it seems to have been discontinued? I was told in the shop that it was replaced by the C510 but the T700 got better reviews.

I found it on expansys for 265 http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=172038 but I think it was only around €150 when it was on meteor, anyone know where i could pick one up for this price?

Aslo can anyone shed any light as to why it was discontinued after only being on the market since sept 2008?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

On Ebay Ecell in the UK have this phone unlocked for €152, perhaps €170 with post & packaging etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

I rang Sony and he said they didnt know why it was discontinued so soon. Anyway I think Ill try find a different phone because im suspicious of why it was discontinued.
    Anyone got any recommendations for a similar phone for around the same price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dermot2468 wrote: »
    I rang Sony and he said they didnt know why it was discontinued so soon. Anyway I think Ill try find a different phone because im suspicious of why it was discontinued.
    Anyone got any recommendations for a similar phone for around the same price?

The Sony Ericsson C510 has practically all the features of the T700, so this would be your best bet. It's only €139.99 on prepay from Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

My Girlfriend has the T700, had hasnt had any problems with it.
    The T700 wasnt a big seller so thats why they pulled it, they have the T707 and the T715 coming out in a few months so that will be its replacement.
    The "T" series is SE's style line of phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement