Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the story with this Epace crowd??

Options
  • 06-07-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i thaught this might be the best place to find some other electricians in the same boat.

I have recieved a few letters from EPACE since i started working for myself two years ago which i was told to just ignore(even to straight up tell them to "F off") by every other contractor i know and also ECSSA because they have no legal right to demand any info about your business or your accounts.

So anyway today i got a letter saying ive been selected for an inspection with a time and date given and that i need to have a whole list of information ready for their inspector.

Im just wondering do this crowd have any legal rights to go through my stuff or can i just straight up tell them to "F off"!!

Cheers
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭secman

ECA, AECI and NECI are advising their members that you are not obliged to make all records available for inspection. Epace lost the run of themselves, thought they had "revenue powers" ! Too much Union involvement.
    Politely ring them and advise them that you will put it in writing that you are in compliance with the lastest REA approved rates of pay etc. Also confirm that you are compliant with regard to the CWPS scheme. Obviously ONLY if you are compliant. Let them know that you have been advised not to partake in the inspection process, but that you will reply in writing.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

secman wrote: »
    ECA, AECI and NECI are advising their members that you are not obliged to make all records available for inspection. Epace lost the run of themselves, thought they had "revenue powers" ! Too much Union involvement.
    Politely ring them and advise them that you will put it in writing that you are in compliance with the lastest REA approved rates of pay etc. Also confirm that you are compliant with regard to the CWPS scheme. Obviously ONLY if you are compliant. Let them know that you have been advised not to partake in the inspection process, but that you will reply in writing.

Secman

Thank you for your response but is writing and sending letters to them not a lot of wasted effort when they have no rights to come near me in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Hi Paddy,
    I had a similar situation. I believe the letter requires you to confirm the appointment does it not. I completely ignored them anyway on the advice of the ECSSA and heard no more about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

paddymick wrote: »
    Hi
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i thaught this might be the best place to find some other electricians in the same boat.

I have recieved a few letters from EPACE since i started working for myself two years ago which i was told to just ignore(even to straight up tell them to "F off") by every other contractor i know and also ECSSA because they have no legal right to demand any info about your business or your accounts.

So anyway today i got a letter saying ive been selected for an inspection with a time and date given and that i need to have a whole list of information ready for their inspector.

Im just wondering do this crowd have any legal rights to go through my stuff or can i just straight up tell them to "F off"!!

Cheers
    Paddy

They have no statutory rights to come onto your premises and if you look up the directors you will see some of the TEEU guys causing the strike now are directors. Some people that let them in appear to have been taken to court , over pension payments to for staff etc. Don't let them in they have no rights whatsoever.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

They have no statutory rights to come onto your premises and if you look up the directors you will see some of the TEEU guys causing the strike now are directors. Some people that let them in appear to have been taken to court , over pension payments to for staff etc. Don't let them in they have no rights whatsoever.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

I made a few calls today and final conclusion from everyone is ignore them and not to write any letters or take any phone calls from them.

Cheers

Paddy

Advertisement