Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Company

• 06-07-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Meteor ftw

[IMG]http://www.sawauto.com/uploader/up2/5Frame 0 1.jpg[/IMG]

Forgot to say, this pole is which company you're with, not which is better

? 218 votes

Vodafone
    0% 0 votes
    O2
    22% 50 votes
    Meteor
    32% 71 votes
    37% 82 votes
    Tesco
    6% 15 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

bring back [img][/img] tags ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Meteor ftw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This was definitely in Mobiles & PDAs a while ago... Right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why do you have 110 euro credit OP? Thats bleedin ridiculous =p

Just get a contract instead = cheaper calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I'm with Meteor but am actually moving in the next couple of weeks.

I DETEST the way they put up the price of their texts without telling me. It was a 33% increase (from 9c to 12c).

I know it's in their T's and C's that they can, but it still pisses me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

Free texts all round.
    Though, I've no reception in work...
    Thus increasing my productivity, see, always looking out for me they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Im with meteor, Contract is over July 15th, gonna be changing back to vodafone again, the 12 months I've been with them have been terrible, there was no 3G until early 2009 and coverage is dodgy as hell outside of the city centre.

Only reason I joined was because they were selling the n95 8GB cheap which is still an awesome phone.

I'm with vodafone , and very happy with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

bluewolf wrote: »

+1, I've been with them 9 years and never had any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

vodafone....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

bluewolf wrote: »
    +1, I've been with them 9 years and never had any problems.

Same as,switched over to Three briefly,until I realised there shite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

With Eircell then Vodafone happy with them also.

Why do you have 110 euro credit OP? Thats bleedin ridiculous =p

Just get a contract instead = cheaper calls

I top up €20 per month, free calls and texts to Meteor. I rarely spend anywhere near the €20 on calls to voda/o2 etc so it gets saved up. LOL @ contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Was with Eircell.

And then in college Meteor gave all us poor students a free Nokia phone.

I'm easily bought, been with Meteor six years now. :)
    Very happy with them, cheap & cheerful
    Though I was astounded as an Irish person in full time employment to be asked for a 300 euro deposit when I went on Meteor billpay.
    My years with Meteor pre-pay meant nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Vodafone FTW.
    But 02 too.

(Ah-Watch checks his credit and has €197.48-so stupid!! Vodafone wouldn't accept me on Bill Pay cos I'm too young :D)--- I only have that ridiculous amount of credit is cos of free any network texts

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Vodafone FTW.
    But 02 too.

(Ah-Watch checks his credit and has €197.48-so stupid!! Vodafone wouldn't accept me on Bill Pay cos I'm too young :D)--- I only have that ridiculous amount of credit is cos of free any network texts

with free texts and calls i can't see how anyone can spend 20 per month unless you use your phone for work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

On Meteor, have been for six years now. No intentions of moving. I don't use my phone for much beyond basic calls and texts, and twenty euro credit lasts me a fortune. Currently only have 85 cent credit, which is the lowest Ive been in months, but I was at silverstone two weeks ago, and have been texting foreign mobiles a bit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

on meteor for da free texts.... sneaky yolks tho...puttin up the price of txts. gud thing i hav free ones ha.

was with 3....im never going back. u cud sit under the bloody mast and still hav no coverage. they hav good prices ye but its no bloody good if u can actually call anyone ha:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I top up €20 per month, free calls and texts to Meteor. I rarely spend anywhere near the €20 on calls to voda/o2 etc so it gets saved up. LOL @ contract

Why do you bother to top up to get free calls when you can just work through your credit then top up.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

OP you should call your friends sometimes. That's a mad amount of credit. Although mine's at about €30 at the moment...meteor was my poll vote.

• Advertisement

ye OP thats a bit excessive ha. wud ya not jus use it up before u put in 20 more. it'll expire on ya otherwise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Mobile: Vodafone
    House: BT-Ireland

Eircome sucks big time in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

[fail removed :P]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Meteor :D

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Why do you bother to top up to get free calls when you can just work through your credit then top up.:confused:

I can easily afford the €20 per month so it'd be a waste to let the credit just run out

funkyflea wrote: »
    OP you should call your friends sometimes. That's a mad amount of credit. Although mine's at about €30 at the moment...meteor was my poll vote.

I do call people, but if it isn't a meteor number i call, i'll get to the point and say goodbye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Am I the only person on Boards on o2?

I like the priority tickets and also get free texts to all networks. Meteor is for children.

my da is on o2 so i use his account for the priority tickets... he has no need of it

and a network for children suits me down to the ground. im told im quite childish:pac:

phasers wrote: »

I like the priority tickets and also get free texts to all networks. Meteor is for children.

:rolleyes:

Just out of interest, how much do you pay o2 per month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Im on meteor, all the girls are on meteor and it only costs me 20euro a month i never need to top up over that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

dylano_k wrote: »
    Im on meteor, all the girls are on meteor and it only costs me 20euro a month i never need to top up over that

QFT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm with o2 and spend about 30 per month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Being on O2 billpay for almost 10 years as my dads company paid all our bills up until this year :( They're an absolute ripoff at this stage & will not sign a contract with them. I might just switch to their clear tariff.Its that or Meteor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Don't see how saving money is for children! all the entertainment companies and djs id work with are all on meteor, and it saves us a fortune! one of the lads switched to 3, and has been bitching about the amount of money he spends as a result, and wants to move back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd say most of the O2 users here or atleast a good bit of them are only O2 users so they can get their oh-so-precious iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

I'd say most of the O2 users here or atleast a good bit of them are only O2 users so they can get their oh-so-precious iPhone.
    Im on O2 & have a 6110 N I love my phone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

The money is mine still even if its in meteors hands :D Why would i waste my money talking about weather and **** to my mates

I'm not saying i'd ring an 087 and go
    "Alright, going out tonight at 9, come if you want, seeyaaaaaaaa"
    I just don't dilly dally :pac:

Seriously the amount of people that piss away money using a mobile to talk **** to people is ridiculous, unless its free the average cost of a mobile call is about the same as the minimum wage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

is it a coincidene that the colour of the bar in the poll is the colour for the top 3 companies mainly :)?

Vodafone myself, heading to Uk soon though, don't think i'll stick with them over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im on 3 Best of Both. 100 mins any network,extra 100 for 3, free any network texts and data add on.Im set :)
    And since they piggyback on vf(i think) I cant remember the last time I lost coverage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Tesco have a mobile phone network???

I'm with Vodafone NZ.

On prepay. Spend about NZ$50 a month. Signed up for 2000 texts a month for NZ$10 and call a friend for as much as I want for NZ$6 a month.

Not too bad. Contract would be cost me NZ$50-60 a month going on the plan I'd need and still have extra calls cost thrown on top of it too... Prepay all the way for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

Nope I'm with o2 too...
    Priority tickets rule!

Wow... Have Vodafone started losing their majority stake in the Irish phone market?

Rabies wrote: »
    Wow... Have Vodafone started losing their majority stake in the Irish phone market?

I taught Meteor was top for ages now, that's why i can save so much money, nearly everyone i know is on Meteor, for me its only people who are 30+ or are on billpay that are on voda/o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

With O2 and very happy with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Tesco have a mobile phone network???
    Yeah, that came as a surprise to me. Not very popular, is it?

I'm with 3. Haven't a bother with them. Costs me €19 a month and haven't gone over that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Yes; their tariffs are nothing special, their handset selection is appalling and the other networks coverage isn't inferior to Vodafone anymore, as was the case in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

With Vodafone on my work phone which i make pretty much all my calls on.
    My 'personal' phone is on 3 for free skype calls to the GF when she's in the UK. Top up max 10 quid a month.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

I've been with Meteor for 7 years (pretty much joined them when they started out) and I've never found fault with them, bar some reception problems in one particular area (but it's in a valley so it's not *really* Meteor's fault).
    I have free calls & texts to Meteor numbers every month (when I top up by €20) and I generally don't spend more than €30-€40 a month. I think I only have 2 people who I regulary call/text who aren't with Meteor so that's all I spend credit on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement