Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medieval festival on in Carrigtwohill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Prices for getting in are very steep, the event itself seems well run but the attitude of the supervisor at the gate today left a lot to be desired, seems it was being run by people from the ministry of funny walks.

All in all it is a good festival but the organisation needs to work on the outrageous prices being charged for admission and at some stalls.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Prices for getting in are very steep, the event itself seems well run but the attitude of the supervisor at the gate today left a lot to be desired, seems it was being run by people from the ministry of funny walks.

All in all it is a good festival but the organisation needs to work on the outrageous prices being charged for admission and at some stalls.

MC

€10 for an adult/ 25 for a family was good.
    the garden show in mallow was about the same,
    €8 for the flower show at fota a few months ago with just a few stalls. and no entertainment.

would be kind of hard to tell stall holders what to charge for their products, if they are too step people will not buy so that's their loss.

for a first time event it was very good. the medieval guys in the village were good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was surprised by the gate price. With something like this you need to either keep the gate price down, or encourage the vendors to keep their prices reasonable, you can't have it both ways. They'll lose a lot of visitors next year because of this imho.

Calling it a medieval festival was ridiculous though, given the amount of actual medieval stuff going on. They had a roman display ffs, despite the fact the romans never actually got as far as Ireland. I'll bet some marketroid tosser came up with that, the same muppet that put the dates in tiny print on the posters.

A bit of fun, yeah, but I won't be back next year unless the cost comes down, and they take the bogger off the PA.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

dropped wife, her sister and the kids there on saturday. All I got was tyres covered in cow sh$te.

She had same comments though. Prices could have been lower to encourage people back next time. If most peoples comments are about high admission prices it doesn't bode well for word of mouth recommendations.

Said it wasn't bad for a first attempt though

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oldfecker

€10 for an adult was not bad !!!
    if you went horse racing in mallow, the entry fee is €18.00 per adult and €10 for a child and a race card is €2/3

for something run by volunteers from the community council, on their first outing is not bad.
    As for cow sh!*e on the car wheels !! you are parking in a field, you hardly expect them to put nappies on the cows in the lead up to the event :D

i thought the romans/world war guys were good, nice to see some of the equipment they had

was very surprised on how well they kept the portaloo's clean, usually at events like that they can be a scary place at 4/5 pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I wasn't there myself but heard the same complaints about the entry price. You'd think they'd have given you a couple of tickets for some free stuff for the 10EUR, but I can't even imagine what it would have cost to pay for that jousting display.

TBH, it's the same as the fair day they have every year....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I enjoyed the event just the price and the attitude of the tosser (John) supervising on the gate not wanting to know about coming back the next day etc.... Very bad for the future won't be recommending them if they have it next year. They need to have a bit of a longer vision if they want to have this happen again next next. Have to ask, did anyone get a crepe? My god they were nice, fait par un parisean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I had mini doughnuts, they were very disappointing. Powdered sugar and not enough of it. Disgraceful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oldfecker

I enjoyed the event just the price and the attitude of the tosser (John) supervising on the gate not wanting to know about coming back the next day etc.... Very bad for the future won't be recommending them if they have it next year. They need to have a bit of a longer vision if they want to have this happen again next next. Have to ask, did anyone get a crepe? My god they were nice, fait par un parisean.

any example of other festivals/events that are/were cheaper ??
    i met a couple i knew who went both days, said they met a guy at the gate and had no problem in giving 2 day ticket.. fella with english accent, not sure if the same John or not.....think it was a john anyway

Advertisement