Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

canon 450d or 1000d ...help ! :)

• 06-07-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi i found 450d for € 520
    and 1000d for €450
    both new

the problem is i just cant decide on one as they dont have too much of a difference
    but need to decide soon as they are both last in shop

any comments advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I've the 1000D since christmas and it was my first 'proper' camera. I bought it because it was the entry model (me being a total n00b), but mainly because i couldn't afford the 450d. If I was doing it again i'd prob go for the 450d - although i've no experience with it, just that its suppose to be a higher up model.
    All that being said, i'm delighted with the 1000d and i expect to be very happy with it for a very long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I picked up the 1000d for £300 a month ago---thrilled with it --- need more accessories though already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I picked up the 1000d for £300 a month ago---thrilled with it --- need more accessories though already :)

I managed to swing for the same £300 stg - but it was when the sterling was almost parity with the euro and it came with €30 cashback :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

They're much the same although the 450d feels less plastickey and is slightly bigger - google for more differences.

try both out, but I'd probably get the 1000d and put the money away for when you want to upgrade to a 40d...

you should be able to do better than €450 tho , either UK or ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

450D all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

You are correct - little to differentiate on the spec's.

Not being a user of either I don't know the answer to this but the 450D has a slightly higher pixel density (12MP V 10MP on the same sized sensor) - in theory this would imply higher noise but there are other factors to be considered like how good the noise reduction capabilities of the 450D are compared to the 1000D - so if people had direct experiences of it to relay then it would be useful to you. Don't be fooled too much by the alure of more megapixels. In the build order of things the 1000d is first in the food chain afaik so you'd expect better build as you move up that chain however minor it may be at that level. Anyhow, what would I know - i'm not a Canon user :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sarahpie

silverside wrote: »

you should be able to do better than €450 tho , either UK or ebay

i can get them for a BIT cheaper in uk/ebay but the shop id be getting it in is local so would be a lot handier if it needs to be fixed ,rather then trying to convince someone online that may not exist (online) anymore to fix it / take it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    You are correct - little to differentiate on the spec's.

Not being a user of either I don't know the answer to this but the 450D has a slightly higher pixel density (12MP V 10MP on the same sized sensor) - in theory this would imply higher noise but there are other factors to be considered like how good the noise reduction capabilities of the 450D are compared to the 1000D - so if people had direct experiences of it to relay then it would be useful to you. Don't be fooled too much by the alure of more megapixels. In the build order of things the 1000d is first in the food chain afaik so you'd expect better build as you move up that chain however minor it may be at that level. Anyhow, what would I know - i'm not a Canon user :pac:

Good points. I've had the 450D for over 12 months now. A very steep learning curve - but worth it. Can't comment on the 1000D, but maybe this would help:

http://www.photolectic.com/reviews/dslr/canon-1000d/xs-vs.-450d/xsi-quick-comparison.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6hfp10opuc

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/eosdigital5/eosdigital5_sample-e.html

Advertisement