Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUB etc...

Options
  • 06-07-2009 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Surely colleges of the North should be included in the thrad list? Any opinions mods?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If it's not there it's because either no one ever requested or if it was requested there wasn't sufficient support for it's creation. There's a 'forums' forum where you can find out how to get one created if you (and others) are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭WinstonSmith

It's not that I'm aware of others being interested. It just seemed to be a bit of a disservice since it is probably the most renowned university on the island of Ireland and a member of the Russell group. There are no doubting its credentials and it seems that if it was left out due to a sense of 'political correctness' it would have been a massive mistake when balanced against those factors working in its favour. I certainly would like to see a forum for the university since I'm still a member of it; although whether or not that is enough for one to be created or several members have to request it, I simply don't know. Thanks for the response though, Leeroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It just seemed to be a bit of a disservice since it is probably the most renowned university on the island of Ireland and a member of the Russell group.

Honestly? Who gives a toss. Prestige, world standing, number of students, colour of the walls in the canteen, none of that matters. No institution is "owed" a forum on Boards.ie. What matters is if there is sufficient interest by members of the community to form a new community, based on the common interest of a particular university, then a new forum will be created.
    There are no doubting its credentials and it seems that if it was left out due to a sense of 'political correctness' it would have been a massive mistake when balanced against those factors working in its favour.

It has absolutely nothing to do with political correctness, or any kind of politics, for that matter. It is simply down to demand.
    I certainly would like to see a forum for the university since I'm still a member of it; although whether or not that is enough for one to be created or several members have to request it, I simply don't know.

I have got three forums created under the Education category - IT Blanchardstown, IT Tallaght and the Teaching/Lecturing forum. All started off as an idea and a thread to gauge interest in the Forums forum. There is no reason you could not do the same. As LB pointed out, start a thread in the over there and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭WinstonSmith

Ok tom dunne. lil overly aggressive so I'm gonna go ahead and help ya count to ten...
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
    ahhh...
    that's better.
    now think i'll go about my business. maybe see about setting up that forum.
    p.s. thanks leroy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

took me nearly 2 years of badgering to get the gcd one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

yay qub!

Management school ftw

EDIT: Also, Mavs FTW!

Advertisement